The Department Says Relax (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzduxx2006

HSC
Beege said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/a-preexam-pamper-is-just-the-treatment-for-hsc-students/2007/10/06/1191091421565.html

Even the department of education is saying relax, have a balance and take breaks.

Don't over do it guys, it is not good for you. More than 6 hours a day is unhealthy and won't work.

I'm not stressing, I'm trying to relax about our upcoming exams. I'm still doing the work though but with breaks to clear my mind and to remotivate me.
I do probably about 2 hours in the morning. but then throughout the day i think of what ive learnt...i know im weird!! LOL.

But in addition.

ive been working really hard throughout the whole year. so its not cramming. just revision. everyone else is like "HOLY SHYT I DONT KNOW SHIT" whereas im more like "hm ohk im gonna answer practise HSC questions"

somedays i feel like the world will end. others im like "BRING ON THE HSC" lol!

:D

meghanhelena

HSC
Oh, relaxing.
Stuvac is quite hilarious. In attempts of procrastination, I have disovered the trampoline. Instead of practice papers I have found that recording my notes onto my mp3 player and listening to them is more effective, as I seem to fall asleep if I am just sitting down writing. I fear my concentration span is decreasing as the exams grow nearer; ah woe is me.
x

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
oh trampoline....
has no one considered that the best way to avoid stress lies in convincing oneself that one of is superior quality and regardless of marks and uais universities will surely just offer you places and fight for your admission as you strut past them in all your glory?
it worked for me

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Maddy1012 said:
also its harder to get a band 6 + in easy subjects because they mark so damn hard. Exams like chemistry and physics get sclaed up to the shithouse, when you get 60% you actually get a band 4-5 but when you get a 85 or anything lower in those "easy" subjects u get scaled down. So dont think that just coz the content of a subject is easy that its just "free marks". I would consider subjects like physics and chemistry "free marks". I know someone who never got over 40% in a physics exams and ended up getting a band 4.... thats not fair :mad1:
oh well, in my easy subjects i'm doing pretty damn well
got 96/100 for cafs trials, (95 for half yearlies) and i'm first

also the head teacher for art is a HSC marker at my school and she was telling me that the examiners, no matter what subjects are looking to give you marks. she basically ran me through their marking system and it sounds pretty good, she then gave me 48/50 for my practice paper
so....here's hoping she's right..

i guess it is kind of unfair, but physics and chem are shit hard and super disgusting ( well for me anyway i'm sure other people love them and are acing them) so i didn't choose them, i'd probably only get like 20% in those exams anyway, would rather get a band 6 in an "easy" subject anyday

ooohyoko

HSC
screw the department for coming up with a system that inevitably stresses a kid out like crazy.

HSC
ahen said:
i guess it is kind of unfair, but physics and chem are shit hard and super disgusting ( well for me anyway i'm sure other people love them and are acing them) so i didn't choose them, i'd probably only get like 20% in those exams anyway, would rather get a band 6 in an "easy" subject anyday
I wish I'd discovered that earlier... :(

saschy

HSC
relax?? im so relaxed i havent even started studyin i just cant b arsed!!!!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
rositamadeline said:
oh trampoline....
has no one considered that the best way to avoid stress lies in convincing oneself that one of is superior quality and regardless of marks and uais universities will surely just offer you places and fight for your admission as you strut past them in all your glory?
it worked for me
Haha that's exactly what me and a friend are doing.

100 here we come!

patchy20

HSC
gosh i do about 5-6 hours and im so stressed and freaked out i feel like i am going to vomit. i did my hsc over two years due to illness and now i am so angry that i didnt work harder last year. grr. damn my less inspired, less caring last year self!

anniexrocks

HSC
the department is full of crap. Freaking 5-6 hours a day?

maybe if they cool it with the syllabuses =.= then we can really relax!

As you can all tell i'm abit stressed. Because all my subjects scale down and my UAI prediction is somewhere in the 60s. LOL.

and i've been doing between 4-5 hours and day and omgg. My concentration levels are so low, its the most pathetic thing ever.

Yes ... ranting makes me feel more relaxed WOO! much better!

dreamer77

HSC
Think of it this way:

You've (presumably) worked throughout the year, so now it's just a matter of reviewing your work rather than learning it.

Plus, you can only do what you are capable of. So if you don't get the mark you want, sure it'll be disappointing (I'll definitely be disappointed), but there are other ways of getting into your course or career path. It's not the end of the world.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Thutmose III (Annals from Karnak)- " He went forth, killing the barbarians, smiting Retennu, bringing their princes as prisoners, their chariots covered with gold."

"The capture of Megiddo is the capture of a thousand cities."

"Amun Re entrusted me to the foreign countries of Retennu on my first campaign."

Tomb of Amenemhab- "I saw his bravery, while i was among his followers."

Man...i think im beginning to lose my mind.

Crholic

HSC
dreamer77 said:
Think of it this way:
So if you don't get the mark you want, sure it'll be disappointing (I'll definitely be disappointed), but there are other ways of getting into your course or career path. It's not the end of the world.
I AGREE!....ALSO Dont do too much of studying for those who can't handle it like me lol..i tried to do 6 hours but it aint working so i cut it down to like 3-5MAX its good....i think at this time i should be reviewing notes...GOODLUCK PEOPLE :wave:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Crholic said:
I AGREE!....ALSO Dont do too much of studying for those who can't handle it like me lol..i tried to do 6 hours but it aint working so i cut it down to like 3-5MAX its good....i think at this time i should be reviewing notes...GOODLUCK PEOPLE :wave:
yeah some of my friends do 8-10hrs a day ... and iono how they do it , cos i cant handle more than about 6.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
dont relax fools,, the department wants you all to fail and go to tafe,,, (not that there is nothing wrong with that)
At this stage of your hsc progession i would say a minimum of 8 hrs a day full on study.. (ofcourse you should take a few breaks in between, like a 10 min stretch of the legs, or a snack break or something).

dont cram all your study into the last 2 weeks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)