The Devil Wears Prada (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
Re: The Devil Wears Prada...

Me too, vogue! Editor-in-chief of Vogue, yes please. :) Fashion editor would be good enough for me, actually.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

z0mfg, why move + merge my thread?

It is a fashion movie, notice how people are talking about how they want to be fashion mag editors and such?

That belongs in Fashion and Lifestyle!

Lame mods...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A

Im reading the book right now so i can finish it and watch the movie as soon as it comes out. I already plan to see it several times.

lengy

HSC

The movie was awesome. One of my favourites now.

daledugahole

HSC
I love Meryl Streep she's such an amazing actress and she did a great job per usual.

I really liked the movie. The kind of thing you sit around in your pjs to watch with your girlfriends for the millionth time.

BTW apparantly Anna Wintour wore Prada to the premier. Hehe.

Kmahal1990

HSC
I watched it yesterday, and it was such a good movie. I have this strange feeling when i watch feel good movies with adorable actresses that i wish i was better looking and famous so i can meet these people.

katy-g

HSC
I thought it sucked balls. It butchered the novel completely. Dramatically changed the ending into some sappy hollywood fairytale and completely neglected the truth message / story of the novel.

They left out a whole freaking stackload of IMPORTANT - *****this is not a spoiler considering they didnt put it in*** - shit like Lily turning into an alcoholic and getting into a coma and her sister having a baby and her boyfriends name being ALEX and not NATE?

WHAT THE FUCK IS NATE?

Im so angry.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Hahahah... the guy who played Nate was cute but yeah, what's with the unnecessary change of name?

Didn't think the movie was that fabulous... some parts were good, but the book was way better. I was anticipating the scene where they would stereotype the Aussie guy Lily sleeps with, too :( (though I knew they probably wouldn't put it in..)

Oh, and I watched it with three guys, so they were probably silently shooting eye-daggers at me the entire time :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I just saw it and considering the book was pretty crap (fascinating but dragging and dull at times), the movie was EXCELLENT! :D

I loved how the cut out the boring parts which would not translate well to film anyway. It had alot more feeling and Andy was so much less robotic than in the book. I didn't feel the Andy in the book was very real but Anne Hathaway made her into a more multi-faceted character.

Meryl Streep = awesome. Period.

I didn't mind cutting out Lily alot and I liked this ending alot more than the one in the book. Music in the film was good. Name change to Nate was weird but Andy and Alex sounded a little similar, I guess.

And lastly, I just loved every scene that Nigel was in! :D

katy-g

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I didn't mind cutting out Lily alot and I liked this ending alot more than the one in the book.
No. See, because THAT WOULD NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE.

She wouldnt get a reference from miranda in real life. well not a good one. you just can not walk out on a job high and mighty and get a reference. Additionally, her and ALEX (no, not nate) would not have gotten back together because as in the book, he explained, it was too late. and it just wouldnt end ing the pathetic fairytale b grade hollywood film style that it did.

OH OH OH
And they made christian into a slease. he was not a slease in the book, a flirt yes... but not a slease. i pity simon baker, he could have played such an awesome part if they didnt freaking jip his character....

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
where did you get that from? The hideous skirt convention?

bahahaaha <3 the devil wears prada.

Lori.

HSC
katy-g said:
I thought it sucked balls. It butchered the novel completely. Dramatically changed the ending into some sappy hollywood fairytale and completely neglected the truth message / story of the novel.

They left out a whole freaking stackload of IMPORTANT - *****this is not a spoiler considering they didnt put it in*** - shit like Lily turning into an alcoholic and getting into a coma and her sister having a baby and her boyfriends name being ALEX and not NATE?

WHAT THE FUCK IS NATE?

Im so angry.
The movie was actually more *inspired* by the book, rather than *based on*, they already set that straight on The View (but I dont expect everyone here to have watched that particular episode - of course...). I havent read the book, so I dont know what the underlying message in it is, but the producers didnt want to concentrate on that message - they merely wanted the movie to have a completely different feel to it.

So stop being so pissed off about it, the movie was good in its own right!

anyways, hollywood always butchers these things, it is to be expected

Lori.

HSC
go_swans said:
where did you get that from? The hideous skirt convention?

bahahaaha <3 the devil wears prada.
Actually it was; "Is there somewhere you have to be? A hideous skirt convention, perhaps?"

katy-g

HSC
GJV said:
The movie was actually more *inspired* by the book, rather than *based on*, they already set that straight on The View (but I dont expect everyone here to have watched that particular episode - of course...). I havent read the book, so I dont know what the underlying message in it is, but the producers didnt want to concentrate on that message - they merely wanted the movie to have a completely different feel to it.

So stop being so pissed off about it, the movie was good in its own right!

anyways, hollywood always butchers these things, it is to be expected
How about no. And in your words, it does say in the credits "Based on the novel by Lauren Weisberger".... not inspired.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Katy, you gotta relax. At the end of the day, it's just a popcorn movie, really. Even if it does have snippets of deeper/life lesson moments.

GJV said:
Actually it was; "Is there somewhere you have to be? A hideous skirt convention, perhaps?"
:rofl: I was laughing out loud for most of Emily's and Nigel's lines in this movie :D

Edit: Katy, to do a spoiler thing, put: [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] around it but without the spaces.

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
i saw this last night
it was more clichéd than i'd expected, but meryl streep put in a great performance

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah, it was pretty predictable, particularly if you know the story behind it. I'd compare it to Pirates of the Caribbean, in the sense that an average movie was saved by a single virtuoso performance.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yeah...it was okay i guess... :)

3.5/5.. (im not that demanding eh?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)