Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Better off.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Worse off

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Mdzabakly

HSC
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...t-alp-struggling/story-e6frf7kf-1226438261564

THE carbon tax isn't working out as bad as had been feared but Labor's primary vote is languishing around the 30 per cent mark in the latest Fairfax/Nielsen poll.

While the result is a slight improvement for Prime Minister Julia Gillard, the ALP vote trails the coalition 44-56 per cent on a two-party basis.
That would see a six per cent swing to Opposition Leader Tony Abbott and obliteration for the government if an election were held now, Fairfax reported.
The poll found nearly four in 10 voters (38 per cent) said they were worse off under the carbon price and compensation package, while 52 per cent said it was making no difference.
Labor's primary vote rose two points in a month to 30 per cent, and its two-party vote also increased by two points to 44 per cent.
Conversely, the coalition's primary vote eased one point to 47 per cent and its two-party vote slipped two points to 56 per cent in the poll of 1400 people.
Mr Abbott leads as preferred prime minister by 45 to 44 per cent but when compared to Kevin Rudd, the former prime minister wins hands down at 57 per cent (down two points) to Mr Abbott's 36 per cent (down one point).
On the question of preferred Labor leader, Mr Rudd beats Ms Gillard by two to one (60 per cent, down two points) to 31 per cent (down one)
So has the carbon tax affected you or your family?.

na110793

HSC
My father owns a small business (pastry cook). Primary ingredients and electricity have shot up.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It has effected all Australians (for the most part, negatively, they have moved backwards in real monetary terms).

Mdzabakly

HSC
It has effected all Australians (for the most part, negatively, they have moved backwards in real monetary terms).
Both study's from the treasury , and independent bodys would disagree. I read somewhere than one study found that Australians will actually be better of than the treasury predicted

Mdzabakly

HSC
My father owns a small business (pastry cook). Primary ingredients and electricity have shot up.
Evidence please ?
Last power bill and latest bill. Or are your assertions based on just what ur dad has said

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Both study's from the treasury , and independent bodys would disagree. I read somewhere than one study found that Australians will actually be better of than the treasury predicted
So if everyone is better off, then where do the environmental savings come from? You can't have it both ways. Either the carbon tax is effective, everyone pays more and we reduce our carbon footprint (even if it is only a miniscule amount; 0.0002 degrees of 1 Celsius even when taking the best warmist scientists data). Or the tax is ineffective, we pay less (as you claim) and the carbon tax is useless.

Mdzabakly

HSC
So if everyone is better off, then where do the environmental savings come from? You can't have it both ways. Either the carbon tax is effective, everyone pays more and we reduce our carbon footprint (even if it is only a miniscule amount; 0.0002 degrees of 1 Celsius even when taking the best warmist scientists data). Or the tax is ineffective, we pay less (as you claim) and the carbon tax is useless.
Cost is not dependent on the effectivity of the tax. The extra cost is dependent on how the tax effects industries which are being taxed. Just because extra costs are lower than expected dosent mean the tax is ineffective , I just means that it hasnt affected the economy as much as ha been claimed ( ridiculous claims by the libs). The environmental savings can be found In the soon to be applied changes of industries into cleaner energy , and cleaner technology. The Oct has provided a program to fund this change ( money gained from the carbon tax ) which will inturn reduce carbon emissions .

na110793

HSC
Evidence please ?
Last power bill and latest bill. Or are your assertions based on just what ur dad has said
Last power bill: $1,860
Current power bill: $2,224

The power bill clearly stated, "The new carbon tax has taken effect. You will see an increase in your bill".

The utility company is called "power direct".

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The carbon tax will add 0.7 per cent to the CPI.
The price of most goods will increase by less than one half of one per cent as a result of a carbon price

Last power bill: $1,860
Current power bill: $2,224

The power bill clearly stated, "The new carbon tax has taken effect. You will see an increase in your bill".

The utility company is called "power direct".
yeah nah

na110793

HSC
The carbon tax will add 0.7 per cent to the CPI.
The price of most goods will increase by less than one half of one per cent as a result of a carbon price

yeah nah

he throws out his bills after he pays them, but I remember the amounts clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
electricity prices in NSW have been rising for years, even before this tax was announced they were scheduled to go up heaps, a price rise doesn't tell you how much, if any of that was the result of the carbon price.

I'm not even sure if the carbon price would be implemented for this quarterd electricity, and if it was I'd be surprised if it was backdated before july 1st when the tax came in. If his electricity came in the past month, it would at most be carbon taxed for a week or two, unless they're backdating the tax into last year? Which seems unlikely.

na110793

HSC
electricity prices in NSW have been rising for years, even before this tax was announced they were scheduled to go up heaps, a price rise doesn't tell you how much, if any of that was the result of the carbon price.

I'm not even sure if the carbon price would be implemented for this quarterd electricity, and if it was I'd be surprised if it was backdated before july 1st when the tax came in. If his electricity came in the past month, it would at most be carbon taxed for a week or two, unless they're backdating the tax into last year? Which seems unlikely.
You're going to sit there and tell me that the massive, unexplainable (we had new, energy efficient lighting and refrigeration installed last July) rise in our small business's electricity bill doesn't correlate with the introduction of the carbon tax?

It is implemented for quarterly electricity, and because that specific utility provider is marketed toward small business, they can use it as an excuse to raise rates and blame it on the tax.

na110793

HSC
Bull, if he threw them away how is he going to do his tax return ( esp since he owns a bakery)
also... its not all the carbon tax....

http://www.smh.com.au/business/how-dodgy-forecasts-inflate-your-energy-bill-20120727-22xxf.html
Electricity, water and gas have never been an issue for him. His other primary ingredients (flour, eggs, sugar, etc.) are WAY more expensive, so he does tax returns for those instead. He has checked with his accountant and a lawyer, and this is legal.

Also, I call bullshit on your article. The SMH has a habit on pushing pro government propaganda, even if it means creating alternative truths in regards to the carbon tax. Since the tax was going to affect 9/10 families and almost all small businesses (with electricity being one of those), by taking the blame away from the carbon tax and putting it on say, bad "forecasting", people change their minds.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Electricity, water and gas have never been an issue for him. His other primary ingredients (flour, eggs, sugar, etc.) are WAY more expensive, so he does tax returns for those instead. He has checked with his accountant and a lawyer, and this is legal.

Also, I call bullshit on your article. The SMH has a habit on pushing pro government propaganda, even if it means creating alternative truths in regards to the carbon tax. Since the tax was going to affect 9/10 families and almost all small businesses (with electricity being one of those), by taking the blame away from the carbon tax and putting it on say, bad "forecasting", people change their minds.
Dude. This is the truth, there are facts in THERE.
Energy usage is going down , whilst the company'a forecast a raise in demand and this prices rise.
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/what-you-need-to-know/buildings/publications/energy-use.aspx
http://theconversation.edu.au/powering-down-has-australian-electricity-consumption-hit-its-peak-3044
http://bree.gov.au/documents/publications/energy/energy-in-australia-2012.pdf

Last edited:

na110793

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)