The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

and the game has four ticketed sections sold out

This is going to be amazing! I haven't been to a home game since the Roar - because of holidaying, and more recently, sickness - but I am going to be so there tomorrow night chanting from the terraces with the RBB.

Shame I couldn't rope any friends along to the game, but oh well. I tried.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Our entire season makes me cry.

So bad.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

it's just so beautiful :cry:

So I should be expecting 18 000 or so? On a Sunday night too...

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

Hooooooooooooooooolyshit, what a bullshit loss. The attendance was amazing though, 16,387 people attended. Oh the chants were amazing haha. Shadow did you see the amount of bottles chucked at mariners end after the ref didn't give the penalty LOL dat flare as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Hooooooooooooooooolyshit, what a bullshit loss. The attendance was amazing though, 16,387 people attended. Oh the chants were amazing haha. Shadow did you see the amount of bottles chucked at mariners end after the ref didn't give the penalty LOL dat flare as well.
of course i did

I was expecting 18000, it certainly looked like it. Place was nearly full <_<

About ten of the ticket counters must not be working :p

Did you join in the 'Who do we sing for?' chants to the terraces? SO GOOD. I'm like in the other end of the stadium, away from the RBB but you still got a quite a few of us doing the chant. And I found that lots of people in my bay are rhythm challenged. But oh well. Good times nonetheless

Oh and it was throwing a bottle at Mat Ryan because the goalkeeper kept taking his bloody time with the goal kick, plus I echo Tony Popovic's sentiments in saying that the refereeing is 'terrible' and pre-empting what Craig Foster will say, it's a 'disgrace'.

I didn't like that, tbh - but... srsly, the refereeing was terrible.

> push shinji ono
> award free kick against shinji ono

> take goal kick aimed at player who is in an offside position when the kick is taken
> don't give offside.
> don't give offside when it happens for the second time
> don't give offside when it happens for the third time

Trifiro red card was fair enough, and on replays Mark Bridge... dived.

But despite the loss, I got involved in a terrace chant. I'm happy 5eva now. :)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

of course i did

I was expecting 18000, it certainly looked like it. Place was nearly full <_<

About ten of the ticket counters must not be working :p

Did you join in the 'Who do we sing for?' chants to the terraces? SO GOOD. I'm like in the other end of the stadium, away from the RBB but you still got a quite a few of us doing the chant. And I found that lots of people in my bay are rhythm challenged. But oh well. Good times nonetheless

Oh and it was throwing a bottle at Mat Ryan because the goalkeeper kept taking his bloody time with the goal kick, plus I echo Tony Popovic's sentiments in saying that the refereeing is 'terrible' and pre-empting what Craig Foster will say, it's a 'disgrace'.

I didn't like that, tbh - but... srsly, the refereeing was terrible.

> push shinji ono
> award free kick against shinji ono

> take goal kick aimed at player who is in an offside position when the kick is taken
> don't give offside.
> don't give offside when it happens for the second time
> don't give offside when it happens for the third time

Trifiro red card was fair enough, and on replays Mark Bridge... dived.

But despite the loss, I got involved in a terrace chant. I'm happy 5eva now. :)
WE SING FOR WANDERERS! Hahaha I love the chants hahah yeah they were pretty unsynced LOL. There was a mariners support in my bay doing his own little chants and stuff haha pretty weird.

Yeah, I really disdained this ref, joined in the "Ref is a wanker" chant haha. Whenver the ref was close to my terrace and bay this guy next to me would keep saying shit at him haha it was freaking hilarious but yeah the ref kind of deserved it. I can't wait till next game though love the atmosphere of being there.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Chants will get better with time. And yeah, when the Mariners scored about fifteen people in my bay cheered. I'm like 'wtf are you doing in the members section' but then again some Sydney FC people were there at the last derby at Parramatta stadium too... hmm

And yeah, there was a guy in my bay that screamed 'OFFSIDE' about twenty times.

Happened so much that I actually thought the second goal was off-side and then I was like 'wait, no it's not - oops'. But oh well.

Win some, lose some.

Hopefully we'll win against the Heart on Australia Day and I really do hope the rowdiness and poor behaviour on the part of the RBB members who threw stuff on the pitch don't scare off people from coming. I really don't want to watch Channel 9 or 7 news tomorrow because they will have a field day - and that's not good for this club. Throwing stuff on the pitch isn't on. That left a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, chant how crap the ref is but when it comes to the point of disrupting the game and having your own players cleaning up the field and telling the support group to stop... that's not good.

I loved the atmosphere, and if we can get 15 000+ each match like today, it'll be amazing. Even Graham Arnold - the CCM coach - was like 'oh crap' with the atmosphere. It's really daunting.

It's a real shame I couldn't rope any friends to the game today, I'll be sure to rope a few in for the Heart game. We might win that one too. And hopefully the crowd will be awesome as well. Nice, big and healthy. Loud.

Seriously, the terraces chanting - when half the RBB pointed to the east, and half pointed to the west terraces...

ohhh. so good. You just don't get that in other codes.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

Hahaha yeah, this one guy after the game mcbreen went to the away supporters bay to like show his gratitude and this one guy kept yelling at him "McBreen you're a gronk!" He's was bloody infuriated after that 2nd goal =/

I absolutely can't wait till Australia day it's gonna be great 7:45pm start this time I'm going to go in super early because ffs it took me forever queing up for prepaid tickets I was really frustrated because I missed like the kick off because of it. Yeah the shit that the people were chucking onto the pitch was pretty rude I mean it's your own turf bro why ruin it. I hope the crowds keep getting bigger too the more the merrier :L My friend told me he's been training his vocal chords for chants on Australia day haha.

I have a really good feeling about the match against Heart, think we'll win.

Yeah I have to agree it was amazing when they were pointing to each terraces and how both responded really well :D good to see that spirit.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I think we all were a bit pissed off with the second goal. That said, credit to the Wanderers for really playing well even with ten men. I noticed we didn't change shape or formation, we just had Mooy as the sole defencive midfielder.

Australia Day match should be awesome, hopefully the crowd will be big - and yes, go in early. As for me, season tickets - I just had to wait five minutes in line to get into my bay :p

Also, I'll be learning the new chants as well. Just in case randoms on the train start chanting, and expect me to join... again.

It's the Wanderers jersey - there's like an expectation to go with it! Awesome to see so much of the crowd with jerseys. There's a lot of spirit there.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

Eshayss lol, I'm so pumped for Australia day, so far away though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Who do we sing for?!?!?!!?!

J18134

HSC

so happy to see this thread until i see all the wanderers support in the last few posts.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

wanderers are fantastic

what are you

an (east) sydney fc fan

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

most of the ppl who use this site and have gone through or are in the process of going through the process of the hsc live out west, so it comes as no surprise for me.

cant wait for australia day.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

hoping i can drag along a few friends to the game

should be awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)