• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

sk1001 said:
Why would you like to live in France? So you can turn over cars at night?
No, dream job involves working/living there (fashion or features editor for French Vogue) and cause the bf wants to work there in some fo the good restaurants (he's an apprentice chef). Except it'd be piss hard trying to watch a-league games over there. But in terms of living in Australia, Í love Newey, but it pisses me off when people are call us "Home of the Knights", pretty sure we have other things that are much better than a dumb ass NRL team (e.g: Jets :) ).

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

ZaraKu said:
No, dream job involves working/living there (fashion or features editor for French Vogue) and cause the bf wants to work there in some fo the good restaurants (he's an apprentice chef). Except it'd be piss hard trying to watch a-league games over there. But in terms of living in Australia, Í love Newey, but it pisses me off when people are call us "Home of the Knights", pretty sure we have other things that are much better than a dumb ass NRL team (e.g: Jets :) ).
Shhhh hey. Not so loud on the Jets. The got the wooden spoon this year.

sk1001

HSC

Middleby bashed by Sydney fans.

DOG ACT.
CAN YOU STOOP ANY LOWER?

ZaraKu

HSC

And I agree about the Middleby bashing incident, I personally don't give a stuff about Sydney FC but that was a pretty low thing to do, just cause a player is leaving the club, what a bunch of idiot snobs.

Mike Larry

HSC

sk1001 said:
Middleby bashed by Sydney fans.

DOG ACT.
CAN YOU STOOP ANY LOWER?
lol, it wasn't bashing. it was more of a 'confrontation' in which middleby was unhurt.

edit: lol my mistake- reports this morning quote robert middleby saying there were punches thrown. i was going by what was on fox sports last night.

Last edited:

sk1001

HSC

Mike Larry said:
lol, it wasn't bashing. it was more of a 'confrontation' in which middleby was unhurt.
WHO ARE YOU KIDDING?

He then kneed me and started throwing helicopter punches," Middleby said last night.
Sydney FC star Robbie Middleby attacked by &squo;fans&squo; in carpark | The Daily Telegraph

His mate just stood there, and he kneed me and starting throwing punches.
Sydney midfielder Middleby assaulted by fans | A League News | tribalfootball.com

UNHURT? THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT. THEY KNEED/PUNCHED THE KENT INFRONT OF HIS OWN WIFE.

HOW CAN ANYBODY DEFEND SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

DOG ACT. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT SYDNEY. ENOUGH SAID.

ZaraKu

HSC

Agreed, you don't something like that, esp. in front of someone's partner.

Same old Sydney...

sk1001

HSC

another trophy in the cabinet....

sk1001

HSC

it's all gone quiet in here all of a sudden..

blue_chameleon

HSC

Probably due to the only NSW team in the finals being Central Coast.

Even though we're in, I don't like our chances.

ZaraKu

HSC

Same, considering they only had a day's preparation. So onto version 5, who's looking foward to the new competition (Nth QLD and Gold Coast) and how do you think they'll fare up? (even though the season doesn't start to August/September..)

blue_chameleon

HSC

Same, considering they only had a day's preparation. So onto version 5, who's looking foward to the new competition (Nth QLD and Gold Coast) and how do you think they'll fare up? (even though the season doesn't start to August/September..)
Version 4 is still running, silly.

ZaraKu

HSC

I'm aware of this, but it's version 4 finals now, which only supporters of the 4 teams care about. BTW, congrats to Melbourne, Adelaide, Coasties and Queensland on making the finals.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

They won't, but they really should consider a 36 match season where each team verses each other home and away twice. The current season is just too short and an insult to football. It should be first past the post too like every other domestic football league in the world.

blue_chameleon

HSC

They won't, but they really should consider a 36 match season where each team verses each other home and away twice. The current season is just too short and an insult to football. It should be first past the post too like every other domestic football league in the world.
The thing is that the teams in the comp don't have enough followers to allow the option of cutting the finals out and making it like the EPL to be financially viable.

Think about it. I struggle to find a team sport in Australia that where their competition does not have finals. It's a pretty tough psychological thing to grasp that teams don't play finals, and I dont think it would be viable financially for the competition as a whole for the foreseeable future.

As much as the EPL rocks, I think it's ignorant to say we should follow their format.

blue_chameleon

HSC

As i posted a while back, the sooner we realise we are a feeder continent to Europe like South America is the day football really progresses in this country.
Yeah, I agree on that hey.

Doesn't change what I said though. :)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

I know lol. I agree with you, I'm just wishful thinking.

What is the draw for this season going to be then?

9x3 = 27 rounds? It's getting slightly better i guess. I would rather abolish the pre-season cup and play more rounds. Same for the AFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)