The Football Thread (3 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
re: The Official Football Thread

Holman to score a last minute screamer to knock arsenal out of the group stage.

He'll need skill first though.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Holman to score a last minute screamer to knock arsenal out of the group stage.

He'll need skill first though.
LOL, yeh, but doesnt AZ have that former spurs striker, who is now one of the best in the dutch league..

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

former spurs striker - best in dutch league

sounds about right.

Charizard

HSC

Even Salomon Kalou was a prolific goal scorer in the dutch league.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Even Salomon Kalou was a prolific goal scorer in the dutch league.
oh yeah, forgot that he was a Feyernood youth player. Umm..do you guys know about this world-class ivorian academy by the name of "ASEC MIMOSAS"....as apparently most of the top ivorian/ghanian players are from there.

eg. Romaric, Drogba, Kalou, Kalou. B (this guy was a flop), Aruna, Eboue, K. Asamoah, Muntari...list goes on and on... :blah:

Charizard

HSC

Pretty much there whole national team then ?

I don't know the exact figures but id imagine ivory coast doesnt have a huge populatiob, so for many players to come through one academy isnt surprising.

There is probably only a few academies anyway.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

18 million is a fair bit.

also, it was probably established by foreigner, like alot african football academies.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Bolton Wanderers 2 - 3 Liverpool
Came from behind two times, Gerrard scored in 83rd minute. Good result, but not all too convincing. Defence must improve, nearly had a heart attack, we cannot afford any draws against teams like Bolton.

johony

HSC

arsenal played so much better. although i loved the jeering from all the man utd fans behind arsene when he was sent to the stands and didn't know where to go.

Roy9

HSC

Will have to watch both the Real Madrid and Utd vs Arsenal games when I have the time..... trust Diaby to score an own goal just as I put him in my fantasy team

Charizard

HSC

meanhile Ashley Cole scores his like 3rd ever goal since joining chelsea for man fantasy points.

Roy9

HSC

Oh yeah, I knew that Cesc was out injured so I made Modric my captain... he got injured as well. I'm like cursing these players or something

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Bolton Wanderers 2 - 3 Liverpool
Came from behind two times, Gerrard scored in 83rd minute. Good result, but not all too convincing. Defence must improve, nearly had a heart attack, we cannot afford any draws against teams like Bolton.
This is great news for the rest of the EPL as Bolton are probably a team in the lower-areas of the epl table.

THUS; if Liverpool can only manage a 3-2 win against them, then I wonder how they will go against more solidified defences in Fulham, Man Utd, Chelsea. :blah:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

meanhile Ashley Cole scores his like 3rd ever goal since joining chelsea for man fantasy points.

WOOT! ashley cole had a brilliant game, and although u guys probably know this; he used to be a striker (devastating pace) at the Arsenal youth academy!

BUT wenger told the Under 18's and Reserves Coach to make him into a Full Back, and didnt he do well at the highbury!

To sum up, Its all smiles as Chelsea needed an explosive LB, and Arsenal required a pretty solid-goal scoring CB, so a good swap deal for Gallas and Cole. :blah:

HSC

penalty for man utd against was reminiscent of the penalty "won" by eduardo against celtic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)