The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The first official A-League game starts this Sunday, 28th of August.

Teams are:
Sydney FC
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Central Coast Mariners
Adelaide United
Perth Glory
Queensland Roar
New Zealand Knights

Good luck to all teams and hopefully this venture will be a success for soccer Australia.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
transcendent said:
The first official A-League game starts this Sunday, 28th of August.

Teams are:
Sydney FC
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Central Coast Mariners
Adelaide United
Perth Glory
Queensland Roar
New Zealand Knights

Good luck to all teams and hopefully this venture will be a success for soccer Australia.
Correction...

The first official A-League game started 94 minutes ago.... Newcastle Jets vs Adelaide United.

I'm SO getting out to the SFS for the big match!! Can't wait!

Newcastle 0
Adelaide United 1 Veart 19
(71 mins)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I hope this A-League thread stays afloat unlike my other ones.

As for last night's matches - the Newcastle v Adelaide game was a bit poor, but Carl Veart was awesome, as I expected. The Perth-Central Coast match was a bit better and that goal from Noel Spencer was awesome for the firts match of the A-League.

As I have said before, I hate the A-League and the way they've gone about it - but in the name of football in Australia I hope it succeeds so it won't have to further strain the football in NSW and ultimately, so that (the real) football becomes the dominant code in Australia.

As for tips - Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners. The other teams have excellent players but it seems that some of the key players aren't up speed yet (i.e. Ned Zelic and Ante Milicic). Expect a close competition.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
We already have a football thread though. Do we need another one just for the A-League?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Yes cause I don't follow other countries. I want specific talk on the new A-League here. I don't want to hear about 'foreign' countries' football, just Australia's.

T

timbk2

i dont like the fact that all away teams must wear the same white away strip. even when the colours of each team wont cause any confusion (newcastle gold and dark red of adelaide). ... would be a much more 'colourful' spectacle if they were able to wear their colours.

You dont see liverpool wearing their white away strip against everton..

T

timbk2

the teams with clashing colours should wear the away jerseys.. but if it doesnt clash.. then why not wear the clubs colours

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
transcendent said:
Yes cause I don't follow other countries. I want specific talk on the new A-League here. I don't want to hear about 'foreign' countries' football, just Australia's.
Don't read the posts about other countries then. This thread would barely be active anyway, based on how slowly the other thread moves when we talk about Ozzie footy in there.

transcendent said:
I wish they'd show A-League on free to air television. I don't have cable.
No-one wanted to buy the rights, and based on how shabbily it got treated on Seven last time it's better to have it on Fox Sports where they guarantee us two live games per week and the other two games on delay.

Fox also puts in a lot of money into production values and promotion of their product. Those reasons ands many more show it was a safge move to give it to Fox.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Plus, I'm getting Fox on Wednesday so it turns out good for me.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
HeCtic said:
Don't read the posts about other countries then. This thread would barely be active anyway, based on how slowly the other thread moves when we talk about Ozzie footy in there.
Hehe, forgive me if I'm wrong, but perhaps a contributing factor is that there has been NO football in Australia for the last 16 months . . .

Apart from that, though, it's understandable.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'm getting every channel - I had it two years ago and I miss it dearly. It's awesome now - all this football - plus I have the Macedonian channel for Macedonian internationals and the occasional league game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)