The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

i will be taking a break from the hsc to watch wanderers vs mariners at parramatta stadium on saturday night. Can't beat $9 concession tickets for us students
Nice.

I'll be in the members zone (OMG OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITING)

It'll be my first ever club football match.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

i admire pardew for what he has done but i doubt he will last more than 2 more seasons
We'll see what happens.

Our current start to the season has been quite poor and we need to improve on all fronts if we are going to be in for a shout of Europe again next season. Similarly, our board is known for doing nonsensical things so I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

How about QPR? Awful as predicted.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

swansea also looking down atm

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Last edited:

lpower3

HSC

Diving is the most sensationalized thing in world football..

racism adn goal-line technology are the two single biggest threats to the game, however this gets the headlines...

imo if you are willing to risk a yellow or red card to win a freekick/penalty and give YOUR side a better chance of winning, than the dive is worth it.. this is the reason guys like Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale and Besart Berisha (to a lesser extent) will be champions and the perceived "good guys" in the game will never win trophies

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Diving is the most sensationalized thing in world football..

racism adn goal-line technology are the two single biggest threats to the game, however this gets the headlines...

imo if you are willing to risk a yellow or red card to win a freekick/penalty and give YOUR side a better chance of winning, than the dive is worth it.. this is the reason guys like Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale and Besart Berisha (to a lesser extent) will be champions and the perceived "good guys" in the game will never win trophies
It's very difficult to argue that it's sensationalised if so many players are willing to bend the laws of the game willingly to gain an unjustified advantage.

Besides, divers deserve the "cunt" label they pick up. I hate looking at Luis Suarez's face. He's a prick of the highest order.

lpower3

HSC

It's very difficult to argue that it's sensationalised if so many players are willing to bend the laws of the game willingly to gain an unjustified advantage.

Besides, divers deserve the "cunt" label they pick up. I hate looking at Luis Suarez's face. He's a prick of the highest order.
Each to their own:)

Geordies had a bit of a night to forget against the Rags last night. Defense for the first two goals was absolutely shambolic at best

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Each to their own:)

Geordies had a bit of a night to forget against the Rags last night. Defense for the first two goals was absolutely shambolic at best
It was pathetic. We haven't gotten out of second gear this season. We've been abysmal bar the Bordeaux game.

deswa1

HSC

Liverpool :(

I still haven't seen highlights- will check those out soon.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

pfft

you people

when you think diving you should all think of that italian diving bastard at the '06 world cup

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

the atmosphere at the wanderers game was unbelievable. i have never seen a club with such passionate fans. bring on the derby in 2 weeks time. i unfortunately will not be attending that one despite having the season pass since mathematics is 2 days after the game and then extension a couple days later

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

everton still flying high.
Can't say I begrudge you guys.

I hope Everton beat out Liverpool for seasons to come.

Speaking of high-flyers, West Brom and Steve Clarke have certainly been doing well.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

the atmosphere at the wanderers game was unbelievable. i have never seen a club with such passionate fans. bring on the derby in 2 weeks time. i unfortunately will not be attending that one despite having the season pass since mathematics is 2 days after the game and then extension a couple days later
Does the Season Pass include away games?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Oh, you went? Shame it was a bit rainy at times. But I got there just before kick-off, and it was pretty awesome.

The atmosphere I agree, was fantastic. Like really fantastic. You could always hear the RBB, and when you couldn't, you could hear the Yellow Army (?) and then of course when everyone boo-ed the referee... ohhh so good

Does the Season Pass include away games?
No

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

yeah, the rbb though they only take up one bay, are possibly the loudest in the a-league. it was dissapointing that the rain came bucketing down during the last 10 minutes and we were not prepared for it.

lpower3

HSC

yeah, the rbb though they only take up one bay, are possibly the loudest in the a-league. it was dissapointing that the rain came bucketing down during the last 10 minutes and we were not prepared for it.
troll?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Rain bucketed in the middle of the match though. It wasn't bucketing in the last ten minutes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)