The Great Gatsby/Talented Mr Ripley (1 Viewer)

alextaberner1

HSC
Hey Guys

have a speech coming up on how both texts resonate with each other. i need to refer to one character from each text, techniques and context.

Q) what's the best way to start a speech (i suck at intro's)

thanks guys!

basketballer001

HSC
In the texts “The Great Gatsby” and “The Talented Mr Ripley”, many similar techniques were used including narration, symbolism, themes, characterisation and cinematic tools to convey the message intended. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s most valuable literary technique was his decision to employ a narrator who was a participant in the story, but, more so a spectator than an actor. This creates a complex point of view, which forces us, the readers, to interpret and make judgements about the narrator and to speculate the concept of the ‘American Dream’. In turn we are challenged to contemplate the ideas of the themes equality, identity, corruption and responsibility which flow throughout the novel.

HSC
ahhhhh!:eek:
I haven't seen Ripley yet coz i was on hospitality work placement but I have a speech due on Thursday where I'm in a group and we have to present a pitch for a movie/tv series that adresses both texts and their themes (ie. The American Dream) I've got absolutely NO IDEA!!!! so far we decided on a fiction movie about the main characters from both Ripley and Gatsby (with different names) Its knda gay but we don't actually have to create the thing we just have to talk about how it would represent the two texts and the american dream...
its stupid adv eng assesment #3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)