The half - Yearlies (1 Viewer)

philly17

I didnt go too crash hot yet I came 2nd so Im cool with that lets just say I passed yet need HEAPS OF PRACTICE BEFORE THE TRIALS LOL!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I passed my exam, however my mark was low (55%) so theres a lot of work before the trials. I think I came 3rd in the course.
My question was-:
Explain how an historians context influences their understanding and writing of history.
In your answer refer to the work of at least three historians.
It wasn't overly difficult, however I fell into the trap of writing a response that identified the relationship between context and the writing of history, but didnt explain and analyse it enough. I need to work on relating my responses directly to the question. Hopefully I can improve on this mark in the trials.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
we did ours on wednesday (first half yearly :( )
it wasn't too bad - the historian question was hardish but our thucydidies one was really really good...

awaiting results...

ms.cinderella

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Is anyone able to post their half yearly question up, or any of the practice questions please?
we had two sources, and then the following question: "with reference to sources a & b and at least two other sources, account for the changing approaches to the construction of history"

my class thought it was pretty hard.. i think it's cos we've never done an ext hist exam before.. so we didnt know how to approach the question.

but now we know! lol.. thank gosh it was only worth 5%... =)

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
the half yearly was pretty good... crammed the night before and got 80 % :p

SUNIL

HSC
OURS WAS OO ESAY>>WE KNEW THE SOURCE BEFORE THE EXAM>>SO CUD PREPARE...i goit 46/50

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
silly school put the exthist half yearly the afternoon after the maths exam..so i did absolutely nothin' to prepare for it! :D

.....still managed to ace it though.... :eek: ^^;;

SimpaticO

Happy Man
We definitely had a half yearly. I got 17/25 for one essay, and 19/25 for the other.

I did find it more difficult than any other conventional history essay questions I'd ever got. But then you have to remember that this is high order history so we have to show a deeper ability to analyse historiography.

Still it's a hard exam to face. I was happy though because I didn't do to badly and our teacher really helped us out by explaining the structure of the exam!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)