The history of Nuclear Physics? Weird topic? (1 Viewer)

123 B A N G

HSC
It's not set in stone but I was thinking about The history of Nuclear Physics for my MP. Too weird? I think it has potential, lots of moral questions can be raised. I don't know, is it too recent?

whitnall8

HSC
I'm doing the Manhattan Project (which is sort of related) and have narrowed mine down to two areas:

The impact of the Manhattan Project on the scientific community
The various beliefs of the Manhattan Project scientists as to their moral responsibility regarding the bombing of Hiroshima
I've certainly found a lot to write about when the time comes to begin drafting my essay, and there have been a lot of books written about the subject.

I think the main question was whether it is the scientists' responsibility to control what their work is used for, or what technological advances take place because of it (eg. the Atom bomb)

123 B A N G

HSC
Yeah I think I really need to narrow mine down. I was thinking of doing Nuclear Power in the media. My teacher was a bit concerned though that it is so recent that it does not have historical debate or differing views.

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
if you can get enough sources and are particularly interested in nuclear physics then go ahead.

note- most of the sources you find will be about nuclear physics itself and not the actual history of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)