The Hon Justice Sir Harry Gibb (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
In light of the recent passing of Sir Harry Gibb on Saturday. I wanted to express my condolences and sympathies to a man who was truly a great member of our High Court bench. His strict logic of the law and issues surrounding are truly inspirational to the direction of the High Court in this country. In his later years, Sir Harry spent his time defending our constitution against proposed changes including the republican issue. He will be sadly missed.

X

xeuyrawp

Jonathan A said:
In light of the recent passing of Sir Harry Gibb on Saturday. I wanted to express my condolences and sympathies to a man who was truly a great member of our High Court bench. His strict logic of the law and issues surrounding are truly inspirational to the direction of the High Court in this country. In his later years, Sir Harry spent his time defending our constitution against proposed changes including the republican issue. He will be sadly missed.
Here, here.

Can you please change the "lex legum.." thing in your sig now:)

santaslayer

HSC
If society tolerant and rational, it does not need a Bill of Rights. If it is not, no Bill of Rights will preserve it." Justice Gibb

So true brahhhh...! :p

X

xeuyrawp

santaslayer said:
If society tolerant and rational, it does not need a Bill of Rights. If it is not, no Bill of Rights will preserve it." Justice Gibb

So true brahhhh...! :p
Same thing could be said about Law in general.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Oh I see, he's one of those anti-Bill of Rights people.

X

xeuyrawp

011 said:
Oh I see, he's one of those anti-Bill of Rights people.
I don't think many Australians are pro-BoR. There's no need to have one at the moment.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
The last essay i wrote was about how a BoR is justified. And yes, we do need one. =P

X

xeuyrawp

011 said:
The last essay i wrote was about how a BoR is justified. And yes, we do need one. =P
Are you serious? Can I please read it?

Jonathan A

HSC
011 said:

One of the only thing I agree with Bob Carr on is his stance on the Bill of Rights. He is against it. The freedom of religion, conflicts with the freedom not to be discriminated, e.g. a religion excluding women from priesthood.

Do we want more people suing? Do we want a BoR turning into a business-type right system as in Canada? Leave it the way it is...

X

xeuyrawp

Jonathan A said:
One of the only thing I agree with Bob Carr on is his stance on the Bill of Rights. He is against it. The freedom of religion, conflicts with the freedom not to be discriminated, e.g. a religion excluding women from priesthood.

Do we want more people suing? Do we want a BoR turning into a business-type right system as in Canada? Leave it the way it is...
Jesus. You said something worthwhile.

santaslayer

HSC
I don't really care about the future effects of the BoRz...it's just the money and time involved in completing something we have already in statutes...common law....whateva...

itll take foreva to finalise something as big as a BoRz...minor lobby groups protesting about stuff...blehhh...

but anyway Jonathan A....we DO need more people suing! :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
A Bill of Rights isn't appropriate for Australia. If we knew how it applied to us, we'd find ways to abuse it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)