The "how to be sick and dying at uni" thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
the thing about me and cough medicine is that it becomes a dependancy. I start off with normal dosage. Within a few days it's gone to double-dosages. By the end of the week I'm drinking straight from the bottle basically every hour :(

I'm sure that's not good...

HSC
N/A
Well, I caved in last night and took some cough medicine. I just figured "this is no way to live!", and was able to sleep after two tablespoonfuls of cough medicine :)

On the "bright" side I have woken up with no voice. *raises eyebrow*

Skeeta

HSC
coughing does HORRIBLE things to your vocal folds, so if you have a bad cough its no wonder you have no voice

the best thing you can do is swallow instead of coughing (if you need your voice back) and try to avoid clearing your throat. The best thing to have is butter menthols, as it lubricates the voice instead of drying it out like strepsils or others do.

HSC
N/A
happily I haven't been coughing much today, but whatever I did yesterday (and only yesterday, wasn't coughing prior to that) must have pushed it over...weird, I've coughed worse for several days straight and never lost my voice from it before. Mike's right, this is a really screwed up strain going around :(

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth taking cough lollies or not... as a singer I've been taught to avoid ANYTHING that coats the throat like the plague (mostly because it gives you sense of false confidence and allows you to screw up your throat further with no pain... lol) and secondly because at work (where I need my voice) I'm just going to be yelling at kids for 2 hours anyway. And I think that will make things worse :p

ahhhh I hate being sick *text messages her boss to ask if she can take over class tonight*

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah, its SARS v2.1 :(
Like Web2.0 - we make up rules and spread the disease :p

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
feel better glitterberry. i know i do.
glitterberries, huh? No wonder you're feeling so good! :p

In other news, my voice is officially bad/non-existent enough for my mum to not recognise me on the phone :p

(those of you who've met me know that I have a pretty... recognisable voice lol)

iwannarock

HSC
i've been sick since sunday.

im a little bit better, but still have a blocked nose.

i haven't been to uni at all this week.

lemsip cold n flu MAX is the greatest.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Knocked myself out for 5-6 hours today straight after uni, feeling better

CieL

HSC
I got a vaccine shot...

Had one back in yr12 and didnt get sick for a yr.... had one a few months ago (cos dr warned us of some flu spreading from NZ or some crap) and haven't been sick since then either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)