• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The HSC Advice Line thread (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

physician said:
dont tell me u called for physics....

cause when i was on he had 3 ppl on hold....I had only been speaking for 5 minutes
You should have called at a less busy time.

Mandy101

HSC
It was all over in seven minutes... and I waited for four. I could barely hear the teacher who was helping me out, but I got a little bit of benefit out of it at least :)

HSC
I rang 3 times last night to the Studies of Religion line, and I had the same lady all three times, she spoke softly but was very helpful and a very nice lady. Tonight I rang the Legal Studies one three times, as I had questions at various times with different sections, I had one lady talking about institutionalised inequality and she spoke about her "lazy husband", and drew a comparison to her own life and what she was going through (related to the topic......i think) and turned out to be a lady who is part of the LSA, who writes trial papers, whilst the lady I got the second time, (same as the last time as well) was helpful but bit pushy at the end, but I won't whinge, they do a good job. DanielleM you must have rang them at a busy time, but then again English is a big topic as compared to say Legal.

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Help with Chem was really helpful. Even if the teacher had absolutely no idea about Chem of Art.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
could anyone tell me the dates for each line??? i've lost my note

HSC
N/A
what are the odds of getting your teacher on the line?
i got my english teacher today...
lucky i didn't say something on the lines of "thanks for all the help...the teachers at my school are terrible..." phew..

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I spoke to a nice catholic school teacher with a groovy english accent, wasn't any help though.

HSC
So did I, she helped me with heaps of stuff. We spoke for close to an hour! Apparently it was not busy at all.

HSC
N/A
i am just wondering..
what are the type of questions you guys have been asking?

mine are:

#run down of syllabus; for english
#essay structure; economics
#do you have to draw/copy the diagram; maths

i really want to (but embarrased) to ask them what colour pens they like reading...i know its pathetic...but you never know....a black/blue can make a difference. :)

i bet you guys have asked lame questions too! come on...share them!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
holla back girl said:
i am just wondering..
what are the type of questions you guys have been asking?

mine are:

#run down of syllabus; for english
#essay structure; economics
#do you have to draw/copy the diagram; maths

i really want to (but embarrased) to ask them what colour pens they like reading...i know its pathetic...but you never know....a black/blue can make a difference. :)

i bet you guys have asked lame questions too! come on...share them!
I write in blue simply because I find it easier to read when I'm going back over my work. And in maths I have this structure... question numbers in red, working in blue, number plane axes in red, graph in blue and/or black (if there's two graphs on the same axes then I'll use one black and one blue). lol.

HSC
N/A
Dumsum said:
I write in blue simply because I find it easier to read when I'm going back over my work. And in maths I have this structure... question numbers in red, working in blue, number plane axes in red, graph in blue and/or black (if there's two graphs on the same axes then I'll use one black and one blue). lol.

hey..
do you think we're allowed to draw graphs in pencil for maths...
i usually do a lot of mistakes in them...if i could do it in pencil...i can easily rub it off instead of re-drawing it

radhika87

Pro
HSC
i dont think its acceptable to be doing graphs in maths and for that matter, u shouldn't be using pencil for anything. If u make a mistake in your graph, simply put a big cross (X) through it and draw the correct one underneath, because apparently if the one you crossed out is infact the correct one, then you'll get some marks for it but if you've done it in pencil and completely erase it, u can't possibly get any marks.
I strongly suggest u do everything in pen and NEVER use liquid paper. Just cross it out, but not beyond recognition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)