the hsc cannot tell you how smart you are. discuss (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, people online can be different to offline, however, not being able to construct a coherent argument, that's all over the place and ultimately doesn't make sense, doesn't suggest a great deal of intelligence online or offline

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
funnybunny said:
UMMMM..since when did i say that? . .all i said was that ppl in med hav done the hsc and thus has given them the opportunity to pursue med as a career....
it seems that everythin u've accused me of implying is simply ur perspective on the matter..
Welll if u actually stop 2 think about it, entry into medicine IS segregated based on UAI/HSC (also umat/interview) and they do consider that as an indicator of whether u will be able 2 cope with the studies.....if u want to believe that being able to cope with med studies is a measure of intelligence, then its up to u.

NEXT TIME, plz post a reply that makes sense and that u've actually thought about ....* goes 2 rread a book that makes sense:wave:
Seriously tho, post your UAI.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Seriously tho, post your UAI.
i;ve already did it. - 99.9

so how about urs??

besides, stazi, i can build a coherent argument when i want 2, but it seems that in here, ppl simply change wat u say .. (as ASYLUM as done) so wat is the point?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
funnybunny said:

so how about urs??

besides, stazi, i can build a coherent argument when i want 2, but it seems that in here, ppl simply change wat u say .. (as ASYLUM as done) so wat is the point?
o oh kay./ i dunno why then you would 2 do that maybe? i tink dat intelligence is actually bout the uai becoz it makes sense, like all the doctors must be smart.. so they have high uaiz.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
funnybunny said:
lol...m8, u need better comebacks than taht!....seriously
that's not a comeback, not_that_bright is one of the most 'intelligent' people here, he gets very high university marks, he can lead a constructive argument, he's opinionated, he's clued into the world, etc etc.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
funnybunny said:
lol...m8, u need better comebacks than taht!....seriously
How does someone provide 'comeback' to
?
Personally I don't believe you got that UAI, your blatent misuse of any form of logic,your difficulty with the basics of the english language, and your simple minded ascertions lead to me come to the conclusion that as you are rather stupid. You are either a troll, a liar, or the HSC system is much worse than i've ever imagined.

funnybunny

HSC
stazi said:
o oh kay./ i dunno why then you would 2 do that maybe? i tink dat intelligence is actually bout the uai becoz it makes sense, like all the doctors must be smart.. so they have high uaiz.
hmm....r u tryin 2 make a point about my incoherent arguments?..cause i dont understand wat u mean....lol
or r u being sarcastic? . ...
well anyway, i thought u've already said smart can mean a lot of things ....yes, doctors are smart, if it means that they must acquire a vast amount of knowledge and then apply it to treat patients.

i dunno wat u mean...(im not tryin 2 be offensive or anythin)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
funnybunny said:
hmm....r u tryin 2 make a point about my incoherent arguments?..cause i dont understand wat u mean....lol
or r u being sarcastic? . ...
well anyway, i thought u've already said smart can mean a lot of things ....yes, doctors are smart, if it means that they must acquire a vast amount of knowledge and then apply it to treat patients.

i dunno wat u mean...(im not tryin 2 be offensive or anythin)
I was showing you what your posts sound like. They're stupid.

funnybunny

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How does someone provide 'comeback' to ?
Personally I don't believe you got that UAI, your blatent misuse of any form of logic,your difficulty with the basics of the english language, and your simple minded ascertions lead to me come to the conclusion that as you are rather stupid. You are either a troll, a liar, or the HSC system is much worse than i've ever imagined.
exactly my point when i said wat differnce would it make...
anyhow it's funny how u attack sum1's view by simply attackin the sum1 -
eg) "troll, liar" . "simple minded", etc

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
UMMMM..since when did i say that? . .all i said was that ppl in med hav done the hsc and thus has given them the opportunity to pursue med as a career....
it seems that everythin u've accused me of implying is simply ur perspective on the matter..
funnybunny said:
Then they link this with teh fact that u need a uai 2 get into uni and it is competitive. ...therefore, SMART people put a lot of effort into the hsc 2 get a high uai, and eventually get into their desired course... unlike those ppl who do not, and then start complaining...ppl like u, who started this thread..:wave:

So, i guess it's more like if ur smart, then u'll put more effort into getting a higher uai not the other way around....if u get wat i mean..but if u dont, u must hav not gotten a high uai:rofl:
Point A: Smart people are smart enough to put the effort into getting a high UAI, non-smart people aren't smart enough, and thus get lower UAIs to the one's needed in their degree yes?

Welll if u actually stop 2 think about it, entry into medicine IS segregated based on UAI/HSC (also umat/interview) and they do consider that as an indicator of whether u will be able 2 cope with the studies.....
doin well at uni, getting a job that u like, is a stepping stone 2 living out ur dreams and fulfilling ur lives ..
PPL who say that r pathetic, esp those with lower uai's who try 2 delude themselves by saying all this shit...WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD....THE REAL WORLD IS COMPETITIVE
...if u werent commited for the hsc, then it says somethin about everythin u will do later in life.........
Point B: Therefore, we can expect there to be NO dropouts, NO failures, NO 'non-smart' people in such degrees, because ultimately, such methods A) equip them with the necessary requirements for motivation factors, B) the 'stepping stone' effect, and C) the required intelligence to be 'smart' people in a course which should only be accessible to 'smart' people based on your logic, right?

if u want to believe that being able to cope with med studies is a measure of intelligence, then its up to u.
Point C: You don't seem to be too sure on intelligence, could you please reiterate what intelligence the HSC measures?

u seem 2 think success in life is based on materialistic things and follow the masses who watch tv and see the lives of rockstars

I PITY U FOR UR PATHETIC VIEW ON LIFE..u seem to think that life is only aobut money and image ...pfft...
hmmm....u assume that ppl who want 2 do med/law/go into uni want money...seriosly u should hav a more open-minded view
again, it is u who is saying that money is everythin in life...
Point D: 'Smart' people are then all altruistic members of society, who would never think of private/personal gain before the better of the community right?

but all i'm, saying is that ppl who say that hsc doesnt mean a thing r wrong cause it IS a stepping stone 2 ur career ... but it isnt the only stone, if u get wat i mean....
theres many ways 2 get to wat u want 2 do , but the hsc is a great way 2 get the course u want which leads 2 a career u realli want 2 do.
Point E: There are alternative ways to get into uni, but these people are then not 'smart' enough to have decided this when they were back in high school, so we shall classify these as 'non-smart' people yes?

PPL who say that r pathetic, esp those with lower uai's who try 2 delude themselves by saying all this shit....WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD....THE REAL WORLD IS COMPETITIVE
Point F: Your point: The real world is competitive. People who say that the UAI doesnt equate to intelligence are pathetic and thus non-smart. They are deluding themselves. Because, the real world is competitive.

Lets try this logically.

1 The real world is competitive.
2. Those who achieve high UAIs are smart people.
3. Those who don't achieve high UAIs or get into their wanted course are non-smart people.

4. Non-smart people complain and are pathetic.

5. i)People use the HSC as a stepping stone into their career.
5. ii) A career can have multiple paths.

6. Because of 1-5 the HSC is a good measure of intelligence.

NEXT TIME, plz post a reply that makes sense and that u've actually thought about ....* goes 2 rread a book that makes sense:wave:
That more to your liking?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
Did you read my previous post ?

funnybunny said:
Welll if u actually stop 2 think about it, entry into medicine IS segregated based on UAI/HSC (also umat/interview) and they do consider that as an indicator of whether u will be able 2 cope with the studies.....if u want to believe that being able to cope with med studies is a measure of intelligence, then its up to u.
Didn't Lexicographer's case dismiss this point? Heck, the whole existence of GAMSAT and UMAT and all the interview stages dismiss the "good UAI makes doctors"stance.

funnybunny

HSC
stazi said:
I was showing you what your posts sound like. They're stupid.
lol....well, it'as as u said..u cant judge a person by how they act online
"not_that_bright is one of the most 'intelligent' people here, he gets very high university marks, " ..yet again..u fail 2 support ur other posts...how can u say that "intelligent" is getting "high university marks"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
exactly my point when i said wat differnce would it make...
anyhow it's funny how u attack sum1's view by simply attackin the sum1 -
eg) "troll, liar" . "simple minded", etc
funnybunny said:
pfft..
of course the uai is correlated 2 intelligence..
yes, it is true that the hsc is a lot of memorisation and regurgitation, but SMART ppl actually think about the future and they realise that getting into the course they desire at uni is a very important step in realising their career goals.

Then they link this with teh fact that u need a uai 2 get into uni and it is competitive. ...therefore, SMART people put a lot of effort into the hsc 2 get a high uai, and eventually get into their desired course... unlike those ppl who do not, and then start complaining...ppl like u, who started this thread..:wave:

So, i guess it's more like if ur smart, then u'll put more effort into getting a higher uai not the other way around....if u get wat i mean..but if u dont, u must hav not gotten a high uai:rofl:
Pot, kettle black? Calling the starter of the thread non-smart, and belittling those who didn't agree with your notions.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
"not_that_bright is one of the most 'intelligent' people here, he gets very high university marks, " ..yet again..u fail 2 support ur other posts...how can u say that "intelligent" is getting "high university marks"
The very same way you can justify high shcool marks equate to intelligence.

funnybunny

HSC
Point D: 'Smart' people are then all altruistic members of society, who would never think of private/personal gain before the better of the community right?

how can u conclude that from the fact that i've said that not-that-bright thinks life is all about money????? i hav said that not all ppl do med/law for the money....that does NOT necessarily mean that every1 does med/law JUST for alturistic reasons....
After reading post after post., i've just come to the fact that u and not-that-bright simply attack parts of an argument and then simply change the meaning of it, just so that u can actually win an argument.....pfft..pathetic
"The very same way you can justify high shcool marks equate to intelligence"
UMMM>>>when did i actually say that high school marks means u r intelligent..i've simply said that if ur smart then u'll put an effort into the HSC....WELL ANYHOW, SO BASICALLY, according to u , ur justifying stupidity with stupidity?
it's funny though - they way u maniuplate ppl's posts :rofl:

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
After reading post after post., i've just come to the fact that u and not-that-bright simply attack parts of an argument and then simply change the meaning of it, just so that u can actually win an argument.....pfft..pathetic

it's funny though - they way u maniuplate ppl's posts
Show where - put up or shut up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
funnybunny said:
I never said that he is intelligent BECAUSE he gets high university marks, I say that he's intelligent generally and (for example), he gets high university marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)