"The HSC is not the end of the world..."sureee (1 Viewer)

HSC
They tell you that. They say, "there are so many, other, alternative paths toward your study", but you try telling that to my parents.

I was wondering, since nobody gets a hold of your UAI but you, if its devistatingly low, would you lie to everybody?

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
My UAI is going to be around 40 and I have no problems with telling people that's what I get if I get it.

I wasn't particular good at school obviously (although I didn't try to study really) but I have my ambitious goals and I'm already going through with most of my plans.

If people treat me differently because of a number I don't think they're people I want to be around.

Scissors

HSC
DaveYoung said:
My UAI is going to be around 40 and I have no problems with telling people that's what I get if I get it.

I wasn't particular good at school obviously (although I didn't try to study really) but I have my ambitious goals and I'm already going through with most of my plans.

If people treat me differently because of a number I don't think they're people I want to be around.
my brother got 48.35. lol.

joshoh

HSC
DaveYoung said:

Well said bro.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
DaveYoung said:

Even if those people are paying you for your time and effort?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Scissors said:
my brother got 48.35. lol.
haha my friend's eldest brother got 97.55, the next brother got 98.65, the next sister got 98.00

then he got 52

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
They tell you that. They say, "there are so many, other, alternative paths toward your study", but you try telling that to my parents.

I was wondering, since nobody gets a hold of your UAI but you, if its devistatingly low, would you lie to everybody?
You could, but if you need to lie then they're the type of people you're gonna have to keep lying about it to come uni offers etc.

Just tell em, mine was heaps lower than what I was expecting and honest to god nobody cares once uni starts.

Terje Bekken

HSC
Ok You homosexual, tell your parents that they can go jump and that you are going to live your own life.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
moll. said:
Even if those people are paying you for your time and effort?
I'm not getting a job.

I'm self employed.

I'm not interested in having people buying my time.

MonKazzar

HSC
Uhm, I know someone who got 30's, but from the looks of it they seem to be doing fine now. I guess HSC matters a lot more for people who have no chance to do anything else?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
DaveYoung said:
I'm not getting a job.

I'm self employed.

I'm not interested in having people buying my time.
That's what my hooker said.
Needless to say, she learnt her lesson.

beksta21

HSC
gibbo153 said:
haha my friend's eldest brother got 97.55, the next brother got 98.65, the next sister got 98.00

then he got 52

at least he didn't get an asterix.
that would really be an epic fail.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Prolly would tell close friends.. maybe...
really depends, I mean if I get so low I don't get into uni I'd have to admit it.

danz90

HSC
Well, I know quite a few people who didn't do that well in their HSC... and now they are heaps loaded and successful. My uncle, for example, didn't do that well in his HSC, only has HSC as his qualification, and is now a managing director of a company, drives luxury cars (which he changes/buys every few months lol), has a MANSION near the water.... and he's lovin life.

Don't think the HSC is the end of the world... really.
BUT, in saying that...

If HSC is going to be the qualification you rely on.. then it will not be a good thing when your employer sees it (considering you're HSC is pretty poor).
Then again.. if you eventually get a degree, or some sort of certificate or diploma at TAFE/college, I'm sure your employer will be more interested in that, than your HSC.

Again, I still don't get when people say that "ohh I screwed up my HSC, but like i'll do some sort of alternative pathway into uni"... when they weren't competent enough to gain a good HSC in the first place (unless of course there were bad circumstances - health, other issues etc).

Meh, that's my two cents.

kevinx3

HSC
Experience > Qualifications But there's been a million threads about this. OT, if i get a 79.95, chances are i will say 80.00... etc

HSC
danz90 said:
Again, I still don't get when people say that "ohh I screwed up my HSC, but like i'll do some sort of alternative pathway into uni"... when they weren't competent enough to gain a good HSC in the first place (unless of course there were bad circumstances - health, other issues etc).

Meh, that's my two cents.
Not so true...HS doesnt really give you a lot of choices with subjects that you WANT to study anyway and also people are different ages by then. They learn they really want to do something etc...

I got a good enough uai to get into what i wanted but i notice i do way better now that i'm studying what i want instead of my hs subjects. So i think it's actually a big difference for some people

--------

to the original subject:
Yeah it sorta sucks that people will judge others on what they got. I didn't believe it when i was told that the hsc is not the end...but once you reach uni you realize it was SO overrated xD It's even laughable haha....You study with people who have 10-20uai marks below you but who cares! It's not about hs academics. It's about being good in your subject field at uni. It's a whole different ball game and trust me..it REALLY means nothing when you find other ways to do/study what you want. :)

I know my parents lied to some indian 'friends' about my sis/bro's marks because there is that whole pressure and prejudice but after a while no one really cares anyway.

I found it really rude when people i wasnt close to tried asking for mine...I just told them it was personal and none of their business as politely as possible...it's your personal information after all. Don't feel obliged. People can think what they like.

Only dumbasses that have nothing but academics going for them will judge you by it...Everyone knows it doesnt actually express ones intelligence. haha!

danz90

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
Not so true...HS doesnt really give you a lot of choices with subjects that you WANT to study anyway and also people are different ages by then. They learn they really want to do something etc...

I got a good enough uai to get into what i wanted but i notice i do way better now that i'm studying what i want instead of my hs subjects. So i think it's actually a big difference for some people
true... everyone in their own circumstances I guess.

miche11e

HSC
hmm... if i got a low UAI, i would probably tell my close family and friends and just tell everyone else i went OK.

Uni was what i planned for next year, but if i couldnt go, i would probably get a job in the field im going for just for the experience. I dont think it would be the end of the world, but it would still change my life probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)