The HSC is unfair because.... (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I just want to know what sort of crazy endings people will give when they finish this sentence.

I'll start. The HSC is unfair because.....

-the guy who has the funniest or most intriguing creative writing piece in AOS, doesn't always get 15/15.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
The HSC is unfair because after 13 years of schooling your ability to go to uni all comes down to one final year.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Sprinkles~ said:
The HSC is unfair because after 13 years of schooling your ability to go to uni all comes down to one final year.
yea... that is pretty awkward.

volition

arr.
HSC
The HSC/UAI is unfair because it pretends that one number can be used to sum up a person’s ability to do anything, it doesn’t matter that I could have done completely different subjects to what I want to do at university. Who cares that some other guy would make a much better lawyer than I would, as long as I make the law cutoff and he doesn’t?

The HSC/UAI is unfair because there's no way this system can realistically pretend that it accurately sorts 60000 students across about 600 different schools, studying different subjects to increments of .05.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
volition said:
The HSC/UAI is unfair because it pretends that one number can be used to sum up a person’s ability to do anything, it doesn’t matter that I could have done completely different subjects to what I want to do at university. Who cares that some other guy would make a much better lawyer than I would, as long as I make the law cutoff and he doesn’t?

The HSC/UAI is unfair because there's no way this system can realistically pretend that it accurately sorts 60000 students across about 600 different schools, studying different subjects to increments of .05.
Very well said!

It also doesn't take into account that things can happen in those final years of school that can prevent someone doing their best, which then screws up their chances of getting into uni. The EAS is crap, 4-5 points on your UAI is no help at all if something really messes up your marks.

There are so many stupid things about the HSC and UAI, you could go on forever.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
the hsc is unfair because my stupid cohort made my assessment marks near useless...

(92 in English exam, 84 assessment mark, ranked 4th in assessment ranks....wtf)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The HSC is unfair because when the results come out, BoS has to listen to every single member bitching about their results.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
^

LOL!

*not related to this topic*
I personally think HSC is one of the better systems in the world. Knowing what my friends oversea have to go through, I consider myself lucky.

powcy

HSC
The HSC is unfair because a Visual Arts Major Body of Work that took a whole year to do is of the same value as an hour-and-a-half History and Criticism paper. I think that's nuts :p well, I'm not complaining about my marks, though :D

haque

HSC
mitsui said:
^

LOL!

*not related to this topic*
I personally think HSC is one of the better systems in the world. Knowing what my friends oversea have to go through, I consider myself lucky.
I agree, but maths should have the most weighting for our uai and english shouldn't be counted(lol joking)
But at the same time different people have different talents and the hsc deals with only academic side which isn't a complete indication of someone's talent.

HSC
the hsc is unfair because it doesn't you don't need to understand the subjects you are studying and still get a good mark. you can memorise essays, rote learn and regurgiatate your way to a good mark.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

watatank said:
the hsc is unfair because it doesn't require any talent/know-how. you can memorise essays, rope learn and regurgiatate your way to a good mark.
rote learn?

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
The HSC is unfair because...

1. Its based on how u rank within ur class, y should how the brilliant accelerated mathematician being in my class screw my marks even further? Or the kid who how he got over band 1s in the SC is a mystery? Ranking arent really accurate to true ability. nor how much offort u put in. I dont deserve my rank in english cos i neva did any work in that damn subject.

and

2. English being compulsary. Now, i do know some guys who r freaky english people, but lets face it, its mostly girls who excel at it. and its a stupid pointless subject anyway :burn: <english haters unite>

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The HSC is unfair because:

- Life is unfair and school shouldn't reflect real life
- The highest level of anything is roughly equivalent to year 8 in Asian schools

annastar

HSC
The HSC is unfair because two girls that I know faked illness to apply for misadventure in the chem and physics exams. One girl has been 'sick' during every exam period since year nine. EVERYONE knew what she was up to, but the school still allowed her to file unquestioned, because she had a doctors cert.

Whoah, my first post and I used to it whinge.

Optophobia

HSC
The HSC is unfair because... Those who are naturally good at school are submerged in a crowd of people who are simply good at remembering their ABC's.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
blah blah blah because.......the guy with access to the best English notes wins.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
The HSC is unfair because:

- Life is unfair and school shouldn't reflect real life
- The highest level of anything is roughly equivalent to year 8 in Asian schools
Your answer wins:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)