The Idiot’s Guide to studying just prior to, and during the HSC exams (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
glitterfairy, if u dont mind me asking, wat UAI did u get ?

k8tus

HSC
thank you, what you have done is sooo wonderful....i thought that my study that i had done was nothing but its not ...yay...but yeah... i had a sister do her hsc but she is bloody useless when i asked her about it, so coming on here and seeing this was excellent, thanks again....

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
glitterfairy!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Have I told you how much I love you??! If I didn't express that enough at the BB Meetup then I shall express it now.....

I <3 Lyn :) ----> to follow on from Llama's post earlier :p

and a freakin gun of a booty-shaker too!! lol

HSC
N/A
studiousbiatch said:
thanks so much for that glitter, it was really helpful :)

BUT i have a very screwed up timetable- wondering if you could help me individually like with how i should manage studyign everything between now and then? would be so appreciated.

20th- Adv. Eng Paper 1 (and my bday :mad1: )
23rd- Adv. Eng Paper 2
24th- Geography
25th- Ancient Hist
26th- Business studies
31st- Gen Maths
3rd- Eng Ext 1

terrible i know.
thanks!
Ouch :/ Damn, that's tight!

Best advice is to just study every moment you have (within reason) before the 20th rolls around. Have a long hard think about which of the 4 tightest subjects (Eng Adv, Geo, Ancient and Business Studies) are your weaker ones and if you can squish some of that into earlier study days, then do so.

Eng Adv is normally ok if you know your stuff, and do lots of practice essays.
Geo - didn't do this, can't comment
Ancient - is normally annoyingly hard to study. Give as much time to this as you can spare unless it's one of your strengths
Business studies - didn't do this, can't comment

Good luck!!!!!

HSC
N/A
sando said:
glitterfairy, if u dont mind me asking, wat UAI did u get ?
92.95 :)

I'll be honest, I really didn't try as hard as I could have (you will hear this from so many people though, it's almost not worth mentioning lol) for everything except English Extensions for the entire year until a few weeks before the HSC (however I had damn good teachers that taught me how to think on my feet, damn clever classmates and joyful scaling that helped my UAI immensely, I'm sure).

The studying guide I've listed here is not going to guarentee one a magical/unrealistic hsc mark or uai increase... that's not my intent or expectation from what is basically 'last minute' planning like this. However I of all people know how hard starting things can be without a 'template' of sorts (as opposed to diving straight into the deep end and half-killing yourself in the process), and that it is ALWAYS worth using your time and energy as effectively as possible (as opposed to just totally giving up and missing out on any extra marks you could have achieved in the external exams), so that is the reason for creating this thread :)

wm_abusef said:
and a freakin gun of a booty-shaker too!! lol
*dances* oh yeah! :D haha, hello and best of luck to you and Lanelle and the other bloggers I've met too :)

Last edited:

rocknroll

HSC
Thanks

THANKS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. I ONLY SAW THIS POST 4 DAYS BEFORE MY FIRST EXAM BUT IT STILL IS GONNA HELP HEAPS.

IF U WERE HERE I'D KISS U
AND KISSING STRANGERS IS NOT SOMETHING I DO OFTEN
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niknik610

HSC
thank you glitterfairy!!!! if we all get 95+ you will know why now..!!! wahahaha
you're the best!!!!

aristos

shorty p
HSC
thanks heaps for the post...its awesome!!! goodluck to everyone n i hope that we all kill it!!!

schmoph

HSC
wow thank u, it is 1030 pm night b4 2006 eng aos AND music one theory exam, i am now calmer after reading that, will ATTEMPT to get some sleep but WILL be calm tomorrow morning after last min cramming! wooosah! thank u for the guide, why didnt i find it earlier!

Last edited:

bernie bro

HSC
man u got problems.. uv alredy finished skool and ur still on this site... get a life ur not even doing ur hsc as if u relli giv a f*** how we go in the hsc newayz.. so shutup u bloody geek and u giv pedo advice... and yehhhhhh

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
bernie bro said:
man u got problems.. uv alredy finished skool and ur still on this site... get a life ur not even doing ur hsc as if u relli giv a f*** how we go in the hsc newayz.. so shutup u bloody geek and u giv pedo advice... and yehhhhhh
This, ladies and gentleman, is the perfect example of a dickhead.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey. Thanks alot for that GlitterFairy.
I'll use that advice to assist me next year when I am doing my HSC.
And by the way Bernie, unlike you there are many people here who appreciate what Gillter is doing for us, so i would suggest you shut you trap. Yes she has finished her HSC, but her efforts to help others with their HSC is to be commendable. So keep that in mind before you open your trap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)