the Iliad (1 Viewer)

urumi

In a room, in a house, in a suburb, in a state, in
HSC
hey all,
I'm actually doing my vce, but the vic board is dead. I have to prepare an analysis on the Iliad according to assessment criteria, and I'm a bit confused about criterion 1:

• explanation of the socio-historical, artistic and intellectual contexts of the prescribed works

uh, what does this mean?
Ironically, I understand the more complex criteria, but this one is just not clicking with me.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
hmm... this is like one of the yr 11 topics for hsc students, perhaps if u post in the prelim thread

hmm..i shall try to help
basically try to write about what the iliad tells u about the society, the art styles and ideologies... but u should ask ur teacher to be sure

X

xeuyrawp

Zhang San Feng said:
hmm... this is like one of the yr 11 topics for hsc students, perhaps if u post in the prelim thread

hmm..i shall try to help
basically try to write about what the iliad tells u about the society, the art styles and ideologies... but u should ask ur teacher to be sure
Yeah, that's right.
Basically it's just the social context- "history without the politics" as a social historian put it:)

Basically, anything that is just about Dates/battles etc aren't relevant unless they directly influence how the people lived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)