• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Israeli occupied territories, legal or illegal? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quirkyfly

I think what israel does to palestinians is wrong... purely by looking at the numbers of civilians killed by israeli actions vs palestinian actions, let alone if we were to look at the number of lives on each side inconvenienced. On the other hand of course israel does have some good reasons for what it does, I do believe that some of the people in control in palestine are not able to be properly negotiated with and force this sort of harm onto their own people.

NO REASON CAN EVER JUSTIFY WHAT ISRAEL IS DOING!

Negotiate? LMAO.
Negotiate to quietly give an entire land to power-hungry forces?
I think not.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
History seems to indicate that those whose land is conquered by another lose it.

NO REASON CAN EVER JUSTIFY WHAT ISRAEL IS DOING!
No reason? If for instance Hammas was launching attacks on israel which threatened the lives of far many more israeli citizens than the palestinians whom israel has (very arguably for the most part accidently) killed then I would say it seems justifiable.

Your attitude of 'NEGOTIATE? LMAO' is the sort of thing which keeps peace from happening, on both sides. Why should Israel argue with people whom are sworn to the destruction of israel? Why should Palestinians negotiate when they have a right to all the land? The reason why both sides should negotiate is because neither side can win if they do not.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
History seems to indicate that those whose land is conquered by another lose it.
Which was the point I was trying to make, quirkyfly.

What other justification do you have that Palestinians own the land? "Because the just do!" is not a valid one, by the way.

Q

quirkyfly

Which was the point I was trying to make, quirkyfly.

What other justification do you have that Palestinians own the land? "Because the just do!" is not a valid one, by the way.

In contemporary society, unlike the times of Caesar where one just conquers everything fanatically, illegally dispossessing a land does not constitute as owning it.

This isn't a dibs game.

It's about a home, an identity... it's about life.

Nowadays we have institutions, and international laws and regulations, and this is considered ILLEGAL.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
In contemporary society, unlike the times of Caesar where one just conquers everything fanatically, illegally dispossessing a land does not constitute as owning it.

This isn't a dibs game.

Nowadays we have institutions, and international laws and regulations, and this is considered ILLEGAL.
What is 'illegal' matters little to me compared with the question of what is 'fair' and even then we have to look at it from a practical, pragmatic point of view in regard to what is politically possible.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

This isn't a dibs game.

Yes, I believe they're called Articles of War, and it ain't illegal at all.

Q

quirkyfly

What is 'illegal' matters little to me compared with the question of what is 'fair' and even then we have to look at it from a practical, pragmatic point of view in regard to what is politically possible.

I don't need to answer that.
The whole situation is unjust and unfair.

Q

quirkyfly

Okay in your perfect world what happens tomorrow to the state of Israel? Its inhabitants?

Those that were born there?

In my perfect world, there would be peace, and your avatar wouldn't exist. BLLEEEEUUUGGHHH

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I'd agree that there are some things israel does which are theoretically illegal, but until you actually get me some sort of a ruling (which you won't) it's pointless. You can't state whether something is definitely legal/illegal until it's been tested through the courts and even if it was found illegal all that international law rulings are for the most part is just fodder for opposition groups in that country.

So let's just leave that whole stream of argument aside. What do you think is just? Should the israeli's currently living in israel be given say.... 3 years to make preparations to move to germany, usa, uk, australia etc etc and the land given back to the Palestinians? Do you think this is even remotely politically feasible? I don't... So I can't imagine why someone would continue to press for the point given that being so stubborn hurts any prospect for a real, FEASIBLE peace.

Last edited:
Q

quirkyfly

Okay in your perfect world what happens tomorrow to the state of Israel? Its inhabitants?

Those that were born there?

Palestine should consist of both peoples integrating peacefully, but the land should be governed under Palestinians and named Palestine.
Much like before the declaration of the war, where all was peaceful.

Q

quirkyfly

What the hell are you on about you idiot. Answer the fucking question.

What happens to those currently residing within the state of Israel? Do you drive them into the sea?

Of course you haven't thought this through at all, you're just spouting the same nonsense bullshit that some older family member told you and you're thinking it's some brilliant and unique nugget of thought.

Honestly, I can't think clearly with that picture up.
BLLLEEUUUUUUGGHHH

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Palestine should consist of both peoples integrating peacefully, but the land should be governed under Palestinians and named Palestine.
Why? What's your justification?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
There is no way that you'll be seeing either group entirely giving up their sovereignty.... also yeah, i have no idea where you've got this idea of a peaceful palestine. Can you give a date on that?

Q

quirkyfly

Deriving from the utterly immature manner in which you're approaching this situation, doling out unfounded prognostications and refusing to respond to valid points, I would say it is not far from reasonable to postulate that you're an ill-educated dolt who knows next to nothing about the conflict.
Oh, poignant. Really.

They contrived 'Operation Cast Lead' to be masked as a retaliation, when it was planned six months earlier - in reference to the Gaza siege. Definitely, wanton murder, as evident in previous years, those [].

Your triviality is comical, because your experience and knowledge is equivalent to that of a tiny pebble. You have no idea what it is like. You're an insecure, inconsiderate [], that's what you are.

Usurping a land, and murdering people is not valid as a justification for their purposes.

You disgust me, you zionist. Your points are flawed with discrepancies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Seems like this has been another successful disinformation operation. All my fellow israeli intelligence operatives should meet at meeting point X at 18:00 for beer and meat.

Q

quirkyfly

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Do you know ANYTHING about the history of Palestine?!

Did they sit around singing folk songs and tying ribbons out of flowers.

Okay your knowledge of the topic is nil. You're done chief, pack it up.

Comparable to today, it was peaceful.
So shove it, you narrow-minded son of a donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)