• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

bustinjustin

HSC
karenc12 said:
Well unfortunately i won't be able to go the the melb concert because its the NIGHT BEFORE my psych exam. grrrrrr
Aww :(

I managed to get tix yay... but I cheated, my, er, friend's boyfriend's friend booked the tix for us lol so I got to sleep instead hehe

mizosoup

HSC
I am psyched!

It has been confirmed that John Mayer will be hosting sound check parties for the two Australia dates in November.
If you have purchased Australia tickets through the Local-83 pre-sale you are automatically on the list to attend.
We will post sound check start and end times as soon as we get that information.

Local-83

The Palais Theatre
Lower Esplanade
Melbourne, Australia
11-01-06

Enmore Theatre
130 Enmore Rd
Sydney, Australia
11-03-06

***Sound Check Party Rules ***

1. You may only attend the sound check party if you bought tickets through the Local 83 pre-sale.

2. Only the person who holds the membership to Local 83 can come to sound check regardless of the number of tickets that you buy.

3. You will receive an email from Music Today a couple days prior to the concert with the time and location for the meetup.

4. Please bring a valid photo ID. The name on the ID must match the name on the Local 83 Membership used to buy the pre-sale tickets. No name substitutions, period.

5. No video cameras, no professional cameras (i.e. cameras with detachable lenses). You can bring a small point & shoot type camera, but we retain the right to ask you to put them away. We also ask that you refrain from using any video recording features on your camera.

6. The actual length of sound check that will be open to fan members will vary from day to day. Sound check is work time for band and crew, so please be a respectful guest in our workplace.

Thanks everyone... we hope to see you on the road

Local-83

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sooooo glad I joined L-83 now, what with the presale and ticketek selling out in 3min or whatever it was, and now THIS! FINALLY SOME MAYER LOVE FOR THE AUSSIE L-83ers!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

bustinjustin

HSC
Re: I am psyched!

mizosoup said:
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sooooo glad I joined L-83 now, what with the presale and ticketek selling out in 3min or whatever it was, and now THIS! FINALLY SOME MAYER LOVE FOR THE AUSSIE L-83ers!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Aww I wish i'd joined Local-83 now, I suppose it's what I get for being lazy and cheap

But yes, thanks 2ndbest, see you all there too!

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
that merrick and rosso interview is kinda funny

haha with the zoo comment

you could tell john got irritated with that wonderland part, asked him if he wrote for the girls and he;s like "have you heard this album?"... considering he's moved so far away from that now.

And then jessica simpson. two subjects that wouldve just pissed him off, you could hear it, they could hear it.

But <3 for the "jessica needs to know that wonderland is closed"

cute ending.

helmut

HSC
i'm taking it that if he was doing a second show he would have announced it by now...?

:(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
helmut said:
i'm taking it that if he was doing a second show he would have announced it by now...?

:(
like in 2004, he did a small show, came back months later and did a bigger show, several of them in Australia

Don't sweat, he'll be back

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
FUCK!!!!

okay my friend travis works at the arias and he passed him and was in teh same room so many fucking times he goes up to john and says "I've got a friend who's crazy about you etc" and got John to call me

after much coffumblement I finally said "OMG its IS YOU"

and he asked me twenty questions like "are you coming to my show?" and I said yes. "which one, enmore or?" and I said yes/ and "there for soundcheck?" and I said "yes"

And I said to myself FUCK i need to say something. And I did what every other stupidly brain exploding fan did when their dream lover calls them and went "I'm speechless, I'm so sorry. I've got so many good things to say to you but I can't. You're amazing."

and he said "awww thank you. Why don't you stay on the line, I have to go and do a rehearsal, you can hear me play"

So I did and Pete Murray was singing some crappy song while John soloed in it and sung backup. I swooned. I felt serenaded. I am still blushing./.

When I got off the phone, I thanked Travis incredibly. I owe him so much, I got off the phone and I ran around the house screaming. The household had a heartattack. Chris my boyfriend was shaking his head throughout the phone call.

John.... he's just so real, I can't emphasise this. I mean, you see him on the tv and he's talking to everyone but then he was just talking to me and only me and no one else and its totally surreal. Its like it never happened. His voice OH HIS VOICE so sexy. I feel so saddened at the same time, cuz he doesnt feel like it happened.

I had a dream of John a while back, I was backstage and I kept asking him for hugs. The worst thing is that dream felt more real than what just happened and it uber sucks.

But I'm going insane

I cant concentrate

I cant believe i said what every other fan said.

Im part of the blur that is his fans

I cant do my assignments anymore

FUCK, I'm too insane with glee and happiness and I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

bustinjustin

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
FUCK!!!!

okay my friend travis works at the arias and he passed him and was in teh same room so many fucking times he goes up to john and says "I've got a friend who's crazy about you etc" and got John to call me

after much coffumblement I finally said "OMG its IS YOU"

and he asked me twenty questions like "are you coming to my show?" and I said yes. "which one, enmore or?" and I said yes/ and "there for soundcheck?" and I said "yes"

And I said to myself FUCK i need to say something. And I did what every other stupidly brain exploding fan did when their dream lover calls them and went "I'm speechless, I'm so sorry. I've got so many good things to say to you but I can't. You're amazing."

and he said "awww thank you. Why don't you stay on the line, I have to go and do a rehearsal, you can hear me play"

So I did and Pete Murray was singing some crappy song while John soloed in it and sung backup. I swooned. I felt serenaded. I am still blushing./.

When I got off the phone, I thanked Travis incredibly. I owe him so much, I got off the phone and I ran around the house screaming. The household had a heartattack. Chris my boyfriend was shaking his head throughout the phone call.

John.... he's just so real, I can't emphasise this. I mean, you see him on the tv and he's talking to everyone but then he was just talking to me and only me and no one else and its totally surreal. Its like it never happened. His voice OH HIS VOICE so sexy. I feel so saddened at the same time, cuz he doesnt feel like it happened.

I had a dream of John a while back, I was backstage and I kept asking him for hugs. The worst thing is that dream felt more real than what just happened and it uber sucks.

But I'm going insane

I cant concentrate

I cant believe i said what every other fan said.

Im part of the blur that is his fans

I cant do my assignments anymore

FUCK, I'm too insane with glee and happiness and I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ohmygod.
That's amazing.
[We probably all] somehow, or want to understand, but at the same time we don't, because he only talked to you - oh man I was excited enough just seeing him on the arias, so I can only imagine how you would've been!
Don't feel bad about being speechless and all... you handled it better than any one of us could in the heat of the moment .
On that note, best of luck with stuvac!

helmut

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
garrrrrh!!!
so jealous!

mmmm sexy voice.
i'm still hopeing for late release tickets.... which is not going to happen

bustinjustin

HSC
Omg I'm dying with excitement here...

I'm spending the morning learning every single lyric as possible with a, er, journey from 'room... to 'heavier...' and right through to continuum.

bustinjustin

HSC
That was worth every ounce of pain and every second spent queuing, waiting, anticipating, and listening to the Hampdens.

Can't wait 'til next year, and am definitely joining Local-83 this time around!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Woke up at 5am to go to channel 7 sunrise where John played, earned a spot in the studio audience. John looked like he was buggered with the early morning

Lined up at 10am. Was 10th in line.

Concert soundcheck was awesome, he played vultures and belief, then we were told to leave. Then he started playing Why Georgia and we all went "nooo" and John told security "aww, let them stay" Seemed like only 50 people were there.

Actual concert, I was dead set centre, second row. I held a sign which said "sign me" which got signed.

John threw a pic here and there, I caught one.

The guy next to me scored a drumstick and had his phone taken by John to film himself playing the guitar massively up close.

The night was gold.

He's coming back in April....

not sure where but definatley blues and roots at byron bay

mizosoup

HSC
Hey Steph...I think if that was you, I saw you in line yesterday. I was the chick in the green tank top and jeans a few ppl in front of you in the line.

But yeah...killer concert. Can't wait til April!!

Last edited:

mizosoup

HSC
here are some of my better photos...

The Door 7 crew at arnd 2pm

Soundcheck

The crowd from 1st row :D

Rach and me (I'm the one on the right)

You can figure the rest out

bustinjustin

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I held a sign which said "sign me" which got signed.
Whoa lol that was you! At the time I thought 'how inspired', still do!

Mad blog nonetheless biomic. Hope my own vids turn out as good as yours. Remember seeing you and your friend around.

If there was one thing that spoiled my own experience, it was a stuck up woman next me who stood near-motionless and cross-armed for the show's entirety, sour faced and seemingly unmoved (while her boyfriend jumped up and down like crazy). Maybe she just didn't like showing emotion, but her tut-tutting whenever people pushed closer to the stage (and thus in front of her) was off-putting and really detracted from the camaraderie.

John threw a plecturm at my feet but the guy in front of me picked it before I could get to it :(

Oh did anyone else run into evermore afterwords? Amongst the bystanders around me at the time I was the first to recognise them, and several people took photos with them just in case they were famous...

Friends and Ididn't get to the til about past 6pm and felt somewhat 'behind', we got centre spots, about 6th row or something at first but left and bolted for JM shirts knowing they'd run out of smalls. Pity the Hampdends weren't bad enough as hoped to scare people away. In the end we ended up closer but on the right side facing the stage, the side John came to the least. Thought it was a great mix, the crowd, much unlike the ravage of screaming 14yo's as predicted by the enmore box office. It was also interesting to meet people who'd bought their tix off e-bay... the price they paid was astonishing yet remained undisclosed... truly dedicated people (financially anyway)...

Kinda hope he's at the enmore again in April and just plays a series of small gigs there rather than the one big one somewhere dank and hollow - didn't get to go previously, but still can't see the Hordern or Entertainment Centre doing him or his music any justice - can anyone who's been to his other concerts attest to this?

Last edited:

helmut

HSC
horden didn't do him much justice, acoustics were okay but you didn't get the whole intimacy factor that you get at the enmore.
sure it was a good concert [2005?] and he got the crowd going and all, but i feel so stupid to have not lined up for tickets to the concert the other night!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)