• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I'm going in April... I am not a HUGE fan but I enjoy his music, and besides, I didn't have to pay for it :) Apparently he puts on a really good show so I'm looking forward to it.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Hmmmm. so many good songs to choose....Neon, daughters, 3x5, that one bout his brother Ben "He looks just like his Brother John, but on a 18 mth delay" (whats it called??) Hey Loz...(Here_I_am that is.) rememba the effort it took u to get me to listen to his CD??? U were like...its soo good, juz listen to it! And now i Luv him! hehehe.

tranquil

INTP 5w4 sp/so/sx.
HSC
You guys heard his two new ones? He's played "Hummingbird" and "Distance" at recent concerts. ... Pretty cool.

Well I've got 6+ hours of his mp3s ... 3 concerts and a bunch of other video files on my comp ... his dvd ... Room For Squares ... Heavier Things ... and can play a lot of his songs including rare stuff ... I think I'd be the most obsessed fan here, but who knows.

I'm starting to like Jason Mraz's stuff more ... check him out if you haven't already.

Oh and I'm seeing him perform in April too.
:cool: Can't wait.

B l e h.

HSC
love his facial expressions roflll

i'm not a big fan but my cousin is totally into him

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
hhwwaaa!! Finally someone else who likes him!! I love John Mayer. He is great!! I went and saw him this year in concert....!! MY god, he sounds better live than recorded!!And yes, he is totally a hottie, and he has a great sense of humour! :eek:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
haha, he's funny when he sings... you gotta love the facial expressions.
i really liked his stuff in the first and second album, but i was pretty disappointed in the third one (heavier things or something like that)
his lyrics are the sweetest. he's so damn talented!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
not a big fan of john.. i get really crapy from looking at his annoying face lolz
1 fav song from him : love song for no body :)

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
anyone heard victoria? really good song.

he has an awesome voice.

Cicciolina

HSC
I love John Mayer! His facial expressions and him slobbering all over the microphone make me cringe though :| His songs are so sweet though, I listen to them constantly.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
john mayer's a bit of a champ!! i like the album 'room for squares' i havent got the other one!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
don't get Heavier things, i didn't thikn it was too great. but room for squares was my fave cd for a couple of months :D
go love song for no one! it's the best

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
john mayer is shit
he plays the soppy girly card way too much
and he has thousands of screaming girls, so he must be doing it right and well.

personally i think hes got good talent in playing and singing, although some songs are quite bad. (ie body is a wonderland)

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I like a few of his songs but not a huge fan overall... I went to see his concert (someone else paid :)) and I thought the supporting act was better than him :p

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I adore JM. Unfortunately a lot of people can't see past songs like Your Body Is A Wonderland [of which I still like most versions]; he's a great songwriter and his guitar playing is fantastic. Shame about the 'guitar faces' though. ;)
I've got copies of about 30 different concerts, ranging from 1999 to this month, and each one has something special about it. He's not an artist who sings a song the same each time; he'll improvise, he'll cover different songs in the middle, he'll do an extended solo, and he really involves the audience in the show. Great performer. :)
A lot of people don't like the 'pop song' quality of his music, but there's still songs like Covered In Rain and Come Back To Bed that get away from that.

Victoria is a really sad song. My understanding is that it's not about something that actually happened, but still, it's so upsetting. LA Song reminds me of it a lot too, they're both really emotional. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)