The Justice Game (1 Viewer)

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
Hey guys, if any of you yr 12's are doing the justice game by geoffrey robertson I can help you..

I did it for "telling the truth" last yr, and got a band 6 in english, and although it was VERY BORING it's one of the texts that not many ppl do (they mostly do frontline) so therefore if your essay is good it'll stand out. the cases I did were
-the trials of Oz
-romans in britain
-michael X on death row
-prisoner of venda
-show trials
-diana in the dock

feel free to ask me any questions or send a pm if you need help!

kibb

HSC
congrats on the band 6.... ill keep that in mind... can i use it as a related text if my prescribed text is frontline?

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
kibb said:
congrats on the band 6.... ill keep that in mind... can i use it as a related text if my prescribed text is frontline?
hmm i dunno about that one. probly not cause it's already a prescribed text. but ask your teacher to be sure

kibb

HSC
yer thats wat i was wundering.... i wasnt sure if we were able to or if we were if it was then advisable to do so...

Jake xSVHCx

HSC
Hey,
im in one of the few classes out there doing justice game
we have to write an essay
question is:
("Texts represent their own truth through a concious and planned selection process"
How do the texts you have studied represent their own truth in relation to 'Telling The Truth'
In your answer make reference to robertsons The Justice Game and TWO other related texts of your own choosing)

Im a bit stuck
I was just wondering if you had any pointers and key issue/points i should talk about and any good ideas of related texts
our teacher says chicago (the movie) is good as a modern text and then someting like merchant of venice or something?
I dunno
any help would be much appreciated
wb
love jake
xoxoxoxox

HSC
Any related texts that really work well with it?

And did you talk more about Robertson's techniques or the courtroom techniques?

General pointers?

duckz

HSC
Looks like I'm one of the unlucky classes to do The Justice Game. I can't seem to think of any good Focus Topics for my cases. Prisoner of Venda and Romans In Britain. Just on a side note, my 2 supplementaries are Ode on a Grecian Urn and Breaker Morant. Any ideas?

kesh1

HSC
N/A
Hey.
I was just wandering if you have any suggestions for related texts?
I am doing the Michael x on death row case and diana in the docks.
For my assessment, one related text has to be visual.
I was thinking of the crucible...or is that overdone.?

Litmate

HSC
N/A
Hey just wondering if anyone knew of a digital copy of this text? I prefer having an electronic copy so I can save time by not having to type the quotations again... any ideas?

dsanchez-92

HSC
Hey guys, if any of you yr 12's are doing the justice game by geoffrey robertson I can help you..

I did it for "telling the truth" last yr, and got a band 6 in english, and although it was VERY BORING it's one of the texts that not many ppl do (they mostly do frontline) so therefore if your essay is good it'll stand out. the cases I did were
-the trials of Oz
-romans in britain
-michael X on death row
-prisoner of venda
-show trials
-diana in the dock

hey, i was wondering if u had any notes on trials of oz, michael x or dian in the docks, email me them if u can, thanks, daniel-sanchez-92@hotmail.com

quieteyes

HSC
Hi there,
I was wondering if you had any notes you'd be willing to send on the chapters? Most specifically Trials of Oz, Romans in Britain, Michael X on Death Row, and Diana in the Dock?
My email is writing_lover@hotmail.com
Thank you. :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
So I see in the Syllabus that the Afterword can be used as well. So uhh, can we use it?

Stubs_001

HSC
Hey mate,
i'm currently studying The Justice Game and was wondering if you could send any notes that you had?
my email is stubs_001@hotmail.com
anything you have would be appreciated
cheers.

sophie.p

HSC

-the trials of Oz
-romans in britain
-michael X on death row
-prisoner of venda
-show trials
-diana in the dock

Its great you're keen to help us! I need it for this topic! haha
At the moment we are doing trials of Oz and Michael X on death row, do you have any notes on those that you would be willing to share?
Thanks so much xx

krewsada

HSC

-the trials of Oz
-romans in britain
-michael X on death row
-prisoner of venda
-show trials
-diana in the dock

Hi, I was wandering whether you could give me some notes on Micheal X and Prisoner of Venda.
Thanx So Much P.S my email is sushiwasabibrother1@gmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)