The legals ripoff of the businesses game thing (1 Viewer)

Azreil

HSC
charlesdinio said:
is the case real or made up?

tried to read up on it, couldn't find it
Everything I've found is incredibly dense and difficult to read.

Pretty much, case about vagrancy/vagabonds. Police charged them with the intent to loiter (yeah, huuuuuuge charge) and had to prove their actions had led to reasonable suspicions they would undertake the crime they were accused of.

charlesdinio

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
its like parole, and remissions (time in prison is reduced for good behaviour - does not exist anymore) and other stuff, i think...

answer my question
remission doesn't come in the syllabus there, but its a smart addition, it was abandoned in the Sentencing Act 1987 from memory

charlesdinio

HSC
Azreil said:
Everything I've found is incredibly dense and difficult to read.

Pretty much, case about vagrancy/vagabonds. Police charged them with the intent to loiter (yeah, huuuuuuge charge) and had to prove their actions had led to reasonable suspicions they would undertake the crime they were accused of.
hahaha thats a MASSIVE charge!!! They were acquitted? surely.. haha

Jackets

HSC
charlesdinio said:
No you wouldn't get caught unless you made a substantial claim

i.e. in the case of R v. Charlesdinio (1998), after shooting his de facto, was acquitted because he was unaware what he was doing was a crime.

or something completely impossible, other than that, it should be ok!

Just pray you dont have a case law freak reading your essay lol
Fuck yeah! I think I'm gonna make up EVERYTHING other than legislation. I did it for Legal Studies, Economics, and Business Studies and wasn't caught out once.

'A brief history on human rights', authored by Dr. Max Shur and peer reviewed by the University of South Australia, showed that human rights abuses had more than doubled in the last decade.

Would you be able to spot that?

B

bekmay

Anita8888 said:
hey does anyone know where i can find world order info. apparently the heinemann textbook doesnt provide enough info and I'm pulling my hair out.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks xx
the cambridge text book is really good... & recent.
um here's its website http://www.cambridge.edu.au/education/nswlegal/hscweblinks.html
scroll down to Section E: World Order, and it has heaps of links to other relevent websites that helped put it together. includes stuff on treaties, un, peacekeeping, ICC, league of nations, NATO and EU stuff... even random stuff like live 8 concerts and some NGO stuff.
GL xo

charlesdinio

HSC
Jackets said:
Fuck yeah! I think I'm gonna make up EVERYTHING other than legislation. I did it for Legal Studies, Economics, and Business Studies and wasn't caught out once.

'A brief history on human rights', authored by Dr. Max Shur and peer reviewed by the University of South Australia, showed that human rights abuses had more than doubled in the last decade.

haha thats great, no!

"peer reviewed" hahahah im using that.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Jackets said:

i can, i just google it, if there is no book by that name, its made up =P. however i'm not a hsc marker obviously.

charlesdinio

HSC
Anita8888 said:
hey does anyone know where i can find world order info. apparently the heinemann textbook doesnt provide enough info and I'm pulling my hair out.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks xx
Have you checked this site for resources??

I would be using notes by this stage, dont worry about the text book!

Jackets

HSC
'Dead Beat Dads avoiding the childcare bullet', a news article published by the Australian on July, 2008, showed that even with the implementation of the Child Care payment board, father's were still able to avoid paying child support. This shows the ineffectiveness of the law when it comes to family law. :D

charlesdinio

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
i can, i just google it, if there is no book by that name, its made up =P. however i'm not a hsc marker obviously.
With thousands of essays to read, they will presume it is true lol

Azreil

HSC
charlesdinio said:
hahaha thats a MASSIVE charge!!! They were acquitted? surely.. haha
Nope. It was 1937, they were found guilty =p

As for making things up... do it all the time. Did it all through business studies and got 94. Did it all through my legal trial and got 3rd in the year. Will do it in the HSC.

Discretion question:
Investigation--Police have the discretion to investigate a report or ignore it when given to them.

Arrest--The police have the discretionary power to arrest someone, or serve them with a summons to be at court at a certain date.

Bail--If arrested, the magistrate in a bail hearing has the discretionary power to grant or deny bail, depending on the individual circumstances.

Committal--The judge has the discretion to rule on whether a prima facie case exists.

Trial--The magistrate has the power to rule on objections, and on whether precedents stnad, etc.

Deliberation--The jury (or the judge) have the discretionary power to find guilty or not guilty.

Sentencing--Between the guidelines of minimum and maximum sentencing, magistrates have the discretionary power to hand down an appropriate sentence.

Security classification--IF imprisoned, the prison staff have the discretionary power, after an initial time in maximum security, to choose a security classification.

Parole--After the non-parole period decided by the sentencing magistrate, in a parole hearing, a magistrate has the discretionary power to grant or deny parole.

Outline two different types of human rights, giving examples.

charlesdinio

HSC
Azreil said:

As for making things up... do it all the time. Did it all through business studies and got 94. Did it all through my legal trial and got 3rd in the year. Will do it in the HSC.
haha you're kidding.. I also got 94 in business, how ironic. BUT I didnt make anything up.. I feel jipped.

Same with legal! except, I spent so many sleepless nights on AUSTLII lol

Azreil said:
Collective human rights are those afforded to particular groups, predominantly minorities, for example the collective right to self determination. This was a policy whereby minorities could govern themselves, set their own leadership and make more decisions with funding assitance from the Government

Individual human rights are those inherent, inalienable rights afforded to each and every human regardless of characteristics or demography. For example, the international covenant on economic social and cultural rights highlights that individuals have a right to join/ form trade unions, to equal pay for equal work, to social security, to stike etc.

Briefly define the types of crimes that can be committed against the individual

Jackets

HSC
The case of Shar v. Irving(2004), where an Indian woman was forced by her father to wed another older Indian man had the marriage rendered void because of the forceful nature of the marriage. There was no consent.

YEAHH!?!!

cxlxoxk

HSC
Azreil said:

Discretion question:
Investigation--Police have the discretion to investigate a report or ignore it when given to them.

Arrest--The police have the discretionary power to arrest someone, or serve them with a summons to be at court at a certain date.

Bail--If arrested, the magistrate in a bail hearing has the discretionary power to grant or deny bail, depending on the individual circumstances.

Committal--The judge has the discretion to rule on whether a prima facie case exists.

Trial--The magistrate has the power to rule on objections, and on whether precedents stnad, etc.

Deliberation--The jury (or the judge) have the discretionary power to find guilty or not guilty.

Sentencing--Between the guidelines of minimum and maximum sentencing, magistrates have the discretionary power to hand down an appropriate sentence.

Security classification--IF imprisoned, the prison staff have the discretionary power, after an initial time in maximum security, to choose a security classification.

Parole--After the non-parole period decided by the sentencing magistrate, in a parole hearing, a magistrate has the discretionary power to grant or deny parole.

i don't see "plea bargaining" anywhere isn't that one way discretion is used in the criminal process.

also there are more than 2 types of human rights there are 3 :S...isn't there? although only 2 are officially recognised.

or did u mean collective and individual like the person above said?

Last edited:

charlesdinio

HSC
Jackets said:
The case of Shar v. Irving(2004), where an Indian woman was forced by her father to wed another older Indian man had the marriage rendered void because of the forceful nature of the marriage. There was no consent.

YEAHH!?!!
haha funny you should say that.. have a look at the case Di Mento v. Vissalli (1973), its VERYYYY similar, they were even indian hahahaha

knots&crosses

HSC
Azreil said:
NATURE:
Universal: Everyone is entitled.
Indivisable: No one is more important than the other.
Inalienable: No one has the right to take them off you.
Interdependent: Each depend on all the others.

Development:
The Magna Carta, Declaration of Independence of the United States of America, The Declaration on the Rights of Man and the United Nations Declaration on Human Rights are all important documents which outline the development of human rights; contemporarily, however, it has been the increasing impact of globalisation and awareness and lack of acceptance of human rights abuses that has developed the idea of human rights as the above in the minds of many people.

Describe 3 law systems.
I meant the listing of tings under that syllabus dot point, like sovereignty, universal suffrage, teade unionism and so on...

but in answering your question would it be
Common law system: Derived from british law and works adversarialy where two parties fight their case and the role of the judge or magistrate is to judge based on points of the law in terms of arguments put forward

Civil law system: derived from Roman law and used in parts of central europe. A highly codified system base on an inquisitorial way of judgement where the judge is more active by asking parties questions.

I dont know about a third one but im hazarding a guess at: (if incorrect please let me know)

Customary Law: The internal rule governing aboriginal and torres strait islander affairs and senetencing to crimes. these are not written, but oral traditions which are led by experienced elders.

next question: List and describe the factors affecting the definition of crime and criminal behaviour

Jackets

HSC
charlesdinio said:
haha funny you should say that.. have a look at the case Di Mento v. Vissalli (1973), its VERYYYY similar, they were even indian hahahaha
Yeah, the thing with my made up cases is that there are in fact real cases out there that I briefly remember the points of, and so I just fill in some extra details and make up a fake case. :D

Like for example, I know there was a case of a transsexual male who was refused the right to marry his wife because they were both women. Now, I don't know the exact points of the case, so I just make them up!

Azreil

HSC
charlesdinio said:
haha you're kidding.. I also got 94 in business, how ironic. BUT I didnt make anything up.. I feel jipped.

Same with legal! except, I spent so many sleepless nights on AUSTLII lol
I could do that.... I learn my legislation, but there are so many cases and media reports that I can make them up without stressing.

Briefly define the types of crimes that can be committed against the individual
Homicide: when the action of one person causes the death of another eg manslaughter, murder, infanticide, death by reckless driving.
Assault: may not actually include physical contact (Barton v Armstrong [and that's a real case]), but may cause fear for the safety of oneself, or unconsenting physical contact eg causing GBH, aggravated, etc.
Sexual assault: sexual contact without consent eg too many to name but rape, molestation, etc.

As to the HR question:
Can be answered with 1st/2nd/3rd generation
or
Individual/collective.

And it didn't say outline THE 2 types, simply 2 types.

charlesdinio

HSC
knots&crosses said:
next question: List and describe the factors affecting the definition of crime and criminal behaviour
Economic and Social - some people committ crimes because they can benefit materially from society, thus they do not feel it as wrong in committing crime and only see the gains

Genetic Theories - The most that can be said is that it is possible that some peoples genetic makeup can contribute to their criminal behaviour

Self Interest and Greed - evidently, more crimes are being committed because due to the human vice of greed, more individuals are wanting to gain quicker and easier, thus slef interest and greed is increasingly prevalent

Political - to oppose the actions of governments. usualyl occurs peacefully through demonstrations, however, in prolonged cases it can lead to large scale violence

Other theories - i.e. differential association, anomie theory etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)