The link between gene expression and repair of body tissue (1 Viewer)

Thatstudentm9

HSC
Hey guys i did this 4 marker question which i will attach below. Please suggest some ideas which i could expand on or some info that i can include to bump my response up. Thnak you [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
Define gene expression

Provide an example of gene expression: A section of a gene is used a template and copied in the form of mRNA. The mRNA is used for in the process to match the right protein during the translation stage of protein-synthesis. This allows genes to code and express proteins correctly e.g. the proteins present in cell membranes, maintaining the structure of the cell.

Write out the relationship between protein and the maintenance & repair of body tissues: Without such proteins constituting to cell membranes, there will be deformation in cell and body tissue (e.g. capillary walls).

Describe why the relationship is important: If these proteins are not expressed, they will hinder common metabolic processes (for the cell membrane example used here). Hence, it is important that the correct proteins are expressed to ensure the repair and maintainenace of body tissues, sustaining cell metabolism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)