The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

wintering

HSC
McDonalds :(

i started at mcdonalds a few days ago. my manager HATES me already. i'm gonna get fired within the week.

so far i have:
- stupidly dragged a wet mop through the work area
- left the mop bucket in the dining area
- pressed the wrong button to stop the frier timers
- cleaned up some wet napkins on the floor when i shouldn't have, because apparently they were soaking up a mess
- failed at making chips. i cannot make chips. i have NO idea what i'm doing wrong. they just won't go into the damn boxes :'(
- not put a lid on a coke properly
- i think that's all

i'm perplexed as to why the training program is so highly regarded. thus far my training has involved being assigned to another cashier and following that person around. they show you how to do some things, but... my person was not particularly adept at explaining things in a way that makes sense to a complete newbie.

i'm on cashiers on my next shift. i've have practically no experience using the interface and serving the customers, because i've been assigned to do dining and other shit for hours. anyone can wipe tables/sweep floors/change rubbish bags, because these are basic things which everyone has done before. i don't think that's real training. why am i expected to be useful before i've been fully/properly trained to do things? :( :(

/ whinge

spence

HSC
Re: McDonalds :(

wintering said:
i started at mcdonalds a few days ago. my manager HATES me already. i'm gonna get fired within the week.

so far i have:
- cleaned up some wet napkins on the floor when i shouldn't have, because apparently they were soaking up a mess
- failed at making chips. i cannot make chips. i have NO idea what i'm doing wrong. they just won't go into the damn boxes :'(
- i think that's all

i'm perplexed as to why the training program is so highly regarded. thus far my training has involved being assigned to another cashier and following that person around. they show you how to do some things, but... my person was not particularly adept at explaining things in a way that makes sense to a complete newbie.

i'm on cashiers on my next shift. i've have practically no experience using the interface and serving the customers, because i've been assigned to do dining and other shit for hours. anyone can wipe tables/sweep floors/change rubbish bags, because these are basic things which everyone has done before. i don't think that's real training. why am i expected to be useful before i've been fully/properly trained to do things? :( :(

/ whinge
Believe me, there is no way you are as bad as some of the people I've trained

jordankuai22

HSC

you should shit on the fryer and put it in burgers while having a friend film the whole thing.

next, release this on the internet. = downfall of mcdonalds

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC

Mate, I worked at Maccas for 3 years(Finally Quit) and It always takes time to know how to do everything. Takes most people on fries about 2-3 weeks to start to master it. I found it easier to hold the fry box in one hand, and use the other hand to shove the fries in with that plastic scoop, whist in the air. Its called "One-handed Fries" in my store.

You did the right thing by picking up those "wet" napkins as that mess should have been cleaned with a mop straight away, no delay. Coming from the most strickest maccas in Oz, we cant leave mess like that otherwise we will be "Suspended".

greekgun

HSC

jordankuai22 said:
you should shit on the fryer and put it in burgers while having a friend film the whole thing.

next, release this on the internet. = downfall of mcdonalds
lol. If u do this u will be a legend.

Anywho its impossible to get fired from maccas...i have a friend who works at maccas who was making the burgers at the back and got bored so he started throwing the patties like frizzbies at the customers through where the chips are supposed to go. The mangaer saw the whole thing according to him and only gave him a dirty look. And maccas is the bottom of the working food chain (excluding being a hobo and begging for money) so relax they wont fire u.

spence

HSC

Yeah basically the only reason people get fired is from really fucking up, or repeatedly not turning up to shifts. But they can just stop rostering you

efhat

HSC

i worked at maccas for a year and it was ok, but my manager was a bitch who slept with all her employees lol.....she made it hell so i had enough and called her nasty things then quit.....haha srsly find a better place to work, maccas is like slave labour

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

That's how you learn, learn from your mistakes and gain experience while you're at it in a new job environment. We all go through that. All managers are bitches, they think they have power over you because their title is 'manager = telling people what to do' but don't forget they started out like you did, so maybe one day, your manager may be taking orders from you. :)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

efhat said:
i worked at maccas for a year and it was ok, but my manager was a bitch who slept with all her employees lol.....she made it hell so i had enough and called her nasty things then quit.....haha srsly find a better place to work, maccas is like slave labour

Sounds like what I would do, sleep with co-workers. Flexible hours did the job :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

stick it out

my friend, worked at maccas for like 7 odd years now.

amount in bank=$48,000

Evilo

HSC

Ask the manager for extra training from an assistant manager (or "not - <name>") if you're having issues. Don't get worked up - especially if you're doing your best.

greekgun

HSC

My mate who works at maccas had a shifts from 4pm-8pm, went home and did some homework and later went back to work and did his 12am-7am shift and then went to school. And during double accounting he slept through the whole class so we got out the permenant markers and drew dicks on his face, took pictures and gave them to the media student who do that end of year magazine thing. Anyways, i felt like sharing that story.

Edit: ive heard that if u do a no show for one of ur shifts a maccas twice, u get fired. Is this true?

Pace_T

HSC

dw maccas has reputation for not firing the shit cunts
i remember working with one fuckwit who couldnt speed up AT ALL and made heaps of mistakes but worked there for years.
the thought of firing him never crossed my boss's mind. arghh

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC

Yes, no shows get "suspended". Suspension at Maccas is Hilerious

siihieng

HSC

i went to the McD interview @ Clayton and was not accepted by McD.

Poor me.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad

wintering said:

so far i have:
- i think that's all

/ whinge
Yeah, Hungry Jack's claims that their training is "world-class", which is an absolute joke. The managers expected me to be able to do front counter on my second shift without ANY training at all, except dining room.

Three years later, I'm a Team Leader and trainer. Looking for another job. But stick it out and you'll be fine. =]

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

I work at McDonalds, it's ok usually. I don't like dining room at all. Most of the customers are ok. I've only been working since a few months ago, it gets easier and you pick up stuff quickly. I don't know if I want to stick around for the rest of my school years though...

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

You get over working at Maccas, suck it up and then get trained in cafe and bludge :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)