The McDonald's Thread (2 Viewers)

akrinis

HSC
Looking back at the first page, it's incredible how just 5 years ago, the differences in the wages then and now is huge.

isabella77

HSC
would any one please write me how much McDonald pay to a 22 years old.I couldn't find any where their pay scale.
Thanks

cathy

speedofsound

HSC
after looking for a job EVERYWHERE locally, being rejected 38170 times i have finally given in and applied to my local maccas.

really, i just want the experience. i really do not wanna be 18 years old, HSC completed and never had any work experience before.

i went online to book my interview but the only times that are available are tuesday 9am-4pm - wtf? which i obviously can't do because of school. i guess i should just ring up... or will that not be much help?

isabella77

HSC
Friends I had an interview at Mcdonalds , well very strange thing, their system was down, their dumb manager asked me why I came? funny.
then another guy came and took all my details I have already filled in online system but he didn't ask any hours suitable to me question.

Thats it!

I don't know it was interview or he jsut took my info.shall I call them? or I wait for couple of days or a week?
after reading posts on this forum I was very hopeful I will get job on the spot but completely opposite happened to me.

By the way I saw very unwelcoming and rude staff there.

lambchop

HSC
N/A
just ring up and ask to speak to whoever is in charge of recruitment. If they dont know who that is ask for the store manager. They should give you a number or tell you when they are next in. get their name and pop in when they are there. they should fix you up

isabella77

HSC
just ring up and ask to speak to whoever is in charge of recruitment. If they dont know who that is ask for the store manager. They should give you a number or tell you when they are next in. get their name and pop in when they are there. they should fix you up
Yes I called the manager and he said oo you are the one who came for interview. I asked him straight away the job and he said " umm aaa, ummm I will email you"
Well does this means he will not hire me?
I am so stuck no one seems to hire me, Woolies, every time they turn me down,
coles no response even after applying 6 weeks. At Target rude lady took my resume and staked it with the pile.Office works no repose. Bunnings when ever I apply I get refusal with in minutes. on other hand my neighbour girl got job at bunnings without any previous experience. For me I have 2.5 years experience as a register operator. Is there something wrong with me or my luck is gone on holidays.
Well I will update you guys if ever i get any email from Maccas.

spence

HSC
I don't think it's likely they'll hire a 22 year old unless they're desperate for staff tbh

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yes I called the manager and he said oo you are the one who came for interview. I asked him straight away the job and he said " umm aaa, ummm I will email you"
Well does this means he will not hire me?
I am so stuck no one seems to hire me, Woolies, every time they turn me down,
coles no response even after applying 6 weeks. At Target rude lady took my resume and staked it with the pile.Office works no repose. Bunnings when ever I apply I get refusal with in minutes. on other hand my neighbour girl got job at bunnings without any previous experience. For me I have 2.5 years experience as a register operator. Is there something wrong with me or my luck is gone on holidays.
Well I will update you guys if ever i get any email from Maccas.
I had my resume registered on Coles' system for a year, with no response. Officeworks threw out my resume and I have 6 years retail experience, 3 at a supervisor level! Major retailers are constantly flooded with resumes - have you tried looking at smaller local businesses? Local newspapers are useful for this (I've gotten half my jobs through newspapers).

Try considering your age as well - as you're over 18 you may be able to apply for places where younger people cannot. I was hired by Telstra Retail (but I turned them down to go elsewhere), they only hire over 18's and pay rates are pretty good.

super.muppy

HSC
can anyone tell me vaguely wat they would ask for an interview??? ty :D

hn92

HSC
Heyya. well iive worked at maccas for around a year and got the job first try without any other experience ! woo lol

maccas is usually fun to work at, generally pays well, has fun people around that are our age, good experience for your c.v and is a relatively easy and stress-free environment/place to work.

the misconceptions surrounding macas employees annoy me. im a good student @ a selective school and yes i work at macas for extra money :) so no im not some dropout lowie like people think when you first tell them you work @ macas LOL :)

lol well in an interview they'll generally ask you:

your strengths
your weaknesses
what you know about macdonalds (the brand in general)
why you want to work there
prev exp.
etc etc etc.

good luck.
cheers.

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
Heyya. well iive worked at maccas for around a year and got the job first try without any other experience ! woo lol

maccas is usually fun to work at, generally pays well, has fun people around that are our age, good experience for your c.v and is a relatively easy and stress-free environment/place to work.

the misconceptions surrounding macas employees annoy me. im a good student @ a selective school and yes i work at macas for extra money :) so no im not some dropout lowie like people think when you first tell them you work @ macas LOL :)

your strengths
your weaknesses
prev exp.
etc etc etc.

good luck.
cheers.
drop out found.

hn92

HSC
lmao are you calling me a dropout ? hahaha

rightio mate. :)

h3da

HSC

your strengths
your weaknesses
prev exp.
etc etc etc.

good luck.
cheers.
Are you kidding? I've worked at two different Mcdonald's before and at the interview they asked me 'when can you work?' And that was it... Most of those managers are drop out kids from school and doesn't give a shit as long as you are young or whatever.. Apparently saving labour is the number one priority..

h3da

HSC
Funny how a lot of you like to criticize pay at McDonalds, when in reality you're being paid the same at any other retailer, sometimes even less.
That's why you move into other industries like Sales where you make more, the harder you work rather than one fixed salary..

akrinis

HSC
That's why you move into other industries like Sales where you make more, the harder you work rather than one fixed salary..
Yes, of course, but the problem with moving into said industry is that there are hardly any job opportunities, especially for high school students. Most people working in Sales are at least going to University.

vickyg

HSC
Hi this is vicky. I am in australia in student visa. I applied for Mcdonalds and got an interview call . being an indian,I would like to know how are the possibilities of getting a job in mcdonalds. I had already attended an interview in mcdonalds before 3 months but i was rejected. I am wondering whether i'll b successful this time around. how shud i present myself in interview? what questions i shud ask and what will be the interview questions like? pls reply. cheers..

vickyg

HSC
McDonalds interview query

Hi this is vicky. I am in australia in student visa. I applied for Mcdonalds and got an interview call . being an indian,I would like to know how are the possibilities of getting a job in mcdonalds. I had already attended an interview in mcdonalds before 3 months but i was rejected. I am wondering whether i'll b successful this time around. how shud i present myself in interview? what questions i shud ask and what will be the interview questions like? pls reply. cheers..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)