The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Since end of financial year is coming up, anyone know how Maccas goes about handing out tax summaries for tax refunds?
They send you a statement by mail and you go on Metime and download a statement anytime. If you're using the MyGov program to do your taxes this year you should have it automatically calculated for you since they usually do PAYG for each weeks payments

Larche

HSC
They send you a statement by mail and you go on Metime and download a statement anytime. If you're using the MyGov program to do your taxes this year you should have it automatically calculated for you since they usually do PAYG for each weeks payments
Thanks, when do they usually come out? Next month?

proflayton

HSC
Do they tell you if you fail the interview.
I did my interview 3 weeks ago and have received nothing back from them - no email or nothing.
So does that mean I failed???

Larche

HSC
Probably. Call the store and check just in case.

Cazzaa3

HSC
I work at maccas im 17 almost 18 but im a part time worker and i get 10.50 an hour! You would get more then me as youd most likely get a casual position meaing they also pay casual loading, for the first 8 shifts or so when youre a trainee you will only make $8 but after youre trained you will get paid more. Closer to $11 or so an hour, there are also certain enterprise agreements with maccas such as a compulsory increase in pay atleast twice a year so the longer you work there the more you get paid. Hope this helped :)

Chronost

HSC
I work at maccas im 17 almost 18 but im a part time worker and i get 10.50 an hour! You would get more then me as youd most likely get a casual position meaing they also pay casual loading, for the first 8 shifts or so when youre a trainee you will only make $8 but after youre trained you will get paid more. Closer to $11 or so an hour, there are also certain enterprise agreements with maccas such as a compulsory increase in pay atleast twice a year so the longer you work there the more you get paid. Hope this helped :)
Casuals get about 20% more, so its actually closer to 13.50 not $11 dollars. I know when I was 17 and worked there I got around 13.68 or something like that.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Try the Apple and Elderberry drink guys, its real good!

kibvmmie

HSC
I worked at maccas for a little less than a year, finished training and up until I quit only got 3 hour fry shifts a week aka nO
my trainer literally refused to show me service so whenever I got put on it I had no idea what do to do so it seriously decreased my chances at shifts which really sucked because I'm the type of person who would literally work every opportunity given
it was an absolutely terrible maccas in the worst area possible so I ended up leaving due to travel inconveniences with my family (for a 7.50 wage I wasn't lovin' it yknow) and three months later got my current job at KFC
now my best skill is my service lmAO maccas apparently missed out on me

Chronost

HSC
I worked at maccas for a little less than a year, finished training and up until I quit only got 3 hour fry shifts a week aka nO
my trainer literally refused to show me service so whenever I got put on it I had no idea what do to do so it seriously decreased my chances at shifts which really sucked because I'm the type of person who would literally work every opportunity given
it was an absolutely terrible maccas in the worst area possible so I ended up leaving due to travel inconveniences with my family (for a 7.50 wage I wasn't lovin' it yknow) and three months later got my current job at KFC
now my best skill is my service lmAO maccas apparently missed out on me
Should definitely bring it up next time to the managers, usually girls are put on service anyways so I'm surprised they put you on the fryers.

mayngo

HSC
lol my sister was on dining and cleaning lots of times : /
How's maccas pay now?

Ayaaaxo

HSC
Ummm Im not too sure but my friend whos 17 in liek a few months and just got the job gets $7.50 hr and thats on night shift as well
im 17 and iv worked at maccas for over 2 years. im on a casual hourly rate of $15.30

mamehapumpkin

HSC
I have my first shift coming up (and it's also my first ever job..), just wondering what to expect on the first day? I read that you just watch training videos or something?
Also just to make sure, you get changed into your uniform at work, right? Don't go there in uniform?

edit: also curious, what is the pay for a casual 20 yr old?

the_matrix

HSC
Hi, I'm aware that this is the McDonalds thread but I think KFC will be similar?

I've got my KFC interview this Friday, what question/etc should I expect?
Do you think they'll hire me if I have an 8 day vacation coming up in 2 weeks? (I think this is why McDonalds rejected me because I had 2 vacations, each lasting for at least a week)

mamehapumpkin

HSC
Anyone know about the official training at maccas? I think I read you are paired with a trainer for your first 3 shifts, is this accurate? I only had a trainer with my on my first shift and I only learnt a few basic things, now I'm on my own and they expect me to do a bunch of stuff I haven't been taught to use or anything. Is this how it goes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)