The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Der Waffen SS said:
If you've failed to recognise his contribution then you're no metal fan, show some respect.

rass

HSC
The greatest metal band of all time is without question Metallica. Up until St. Anger, anyway.
I feel I owe them my life, as if I had never heard the black album I would most probably be emo. The last album I got before that one was Good Charlotte, "The Young and the Hopeless" (I know, I'm ashamed too).
Thank you, Metallica, for deterring me from my sinful ways, and leading me down the path to righteousness.
I'm gonna go listen to ...And Justice For All again.

HSC
i'm prety sure if you think marilyn manson contributed anything to metal, you're no metal fan

BeyondDeath

HSC
lessthanthree said:
i'm prety sure if you think marilyn manson contributed anything to metal, you're no metal fan
Quoted for troof.

Anyone here attending the Slayer + Mastodon gig?

iwannarock

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Quoted for troof.

Anyone here attending the Slayer + Mastodon gig?
i really wanted to go.

but no monies.

i wanna see mastodon more than i do slayer.

HSC
I am only going for Mastodon, should be an excellent gig. Oh and the guy who said Marilyn Manson contributed to metal should REALLY research something before he opens his/her mouth. Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin is where it's at. Marilyn Manson's music is NOT metal, does not even come close. Just because he has the 'corpse paint' does not mean he is metal. I am doing an English Essay right now, but that doesn't mean i like it? It's his image that makes you think he is metal, not his music, because all that has ever influenced is goth wannabes to be even gothier, and he's done more cover songs than originals. Don't get me wrong he is unique and i enjoy some stuff (in VERY small doses) but metal.... taking it TOOOOO far there kid.

Legham

HSC
kissfan said:
check out www.myspace.com/dredmetal for the next big Metal band and they are from Australia support local metal

these guys will be huge
They don't seem like anything special.. Didn't expect anything better though, coming from australia.. Australian music ftl.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
upthedownstair said:
Oh and the guy who said Marilyn Manson contributed to metal should REALLY research something before he opens his/her mouth. Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin is where it's at. Marilyn Manson's music is NOT metal, does not even come close.

I've been around longer then you sunshine, thus been exposed to metal music longer periods of time. It would be a good idea for you to save your argumentative energy, and use it for the points of view for the essay you mentioned!

upthedownstair said:
...Just because he has the 'corpse paint' does not mean he is metal. I am doing an English Essay right now, but that doesn't mean i like it? It's his image that makes you think he is metal, not his music, because all that has ever influenced is goth wannabes to be even gothier...

I'm assuming you've listened to "The Dope Show", or "Great Big White World", and immediately evaluated the music as Alternative or Glam-Rock? Then yes, you're right; Mechanical Animals is of a rockish tone. However, the albums released afterwards have screamed metal. Even before Mechanical Animals, the "Anti-Christ Superstar" album was a metal orientated release, and he continues to create quality "metal" music!

upthedownstair said:
...and he's done more cover songs than originals....
That's an absurd insinuation.

Legham

HSC
Yeah i do!! Just not thrash, cause its boring and shite :)

HSC
s-AINT said:
I've been around longer then you sunshine, thus been exposed to metal music longer periods of time. It would be a good idea for you to save your argumentative energy, and use it for the points of view for the essay you mentioned!

I'm assuming you've listened to "The Dope Show", or "Great Big White World", and immediately evaluated the music as Alternative or Glam-Rock? Then yes, you're right; Mechanical Animals is of a rockish tone. However, the albums released afterwards have screamed metal. Even before Mechanical Animals, the "Anti-Christ Superstar" album was a metal orientated release, and he continues to create quality "metal" music!

That's an absurd insinuation.
Ok, fair enough that you may see MM as metal, i admit he does have obvious metal influences, but i cannot consider him to be any part of the metal genre. Haha i have been into metal heavily for a long time too (even though you are older than me). The last part of my post was just me being an idiot haha

HSC
hurrrrr, hey this myspace says sad ex are jungle, so youre obviously wrong :rolleyes:

either way, if you think they're 'boring and shite' you're fucking stupid

Legham

HSC
lessthanthree said:
either way, if you think they're 'boring and shite' you're fucking stupid
"If you think they aren't boring and shite, your fucking stupid"

Both statements have equal correctness, yo. Opinions ftw.

But on the subject of metal, i suggest every metalhead go check out Nomans Land.. kickass band.. They're Russian Viking Folk metal.

Their Myspace

They don't have Mjolnir on their myspace :( that's my favourite song by them..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)