The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

glitterfairy, lol.. ur soooo cute!
and someone threw sticks and tennis balls at you?? whyy?? throw them back at them! lol

siighh.. for me, another bad day full of kk!
shall treadmill/bike and rollerblade around the house, DDR lol... or whatever else i can to get rid of it later tonight

and study? omg... first woke up with a massssiiiive headache ... so i slept like allll day
then .... turn on comp... msn is evil! lol

heyyy you know what would be a maddd workout? lol ... eye toy! i was playing with my friends and it was soooo much fun... but my arms hurt like crazy waving around the air trying to chop imaginery tomatoes lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Scarecrow of oz! I want to be a calorie counter as well! I've started my research on it but I can't be bothered learning and memorising to count calories right now, i will in the holidays though :) so in the mean time you guys are gunna have to deal with me reporting what i eat :p

Overall: I'de give today a 3/10 it will increase to 5/10 if i goto the gym tonight though. That's a big IF though, it shall depend if i get enough readings done tonight to start on my report tommorow :)

Breakfast: I had 3 spoonfuls of last night's pasta (wanted to try it and it was nice) and then I made myself an ommelette with chicken.

Lunch: :S:S:S i had a slice CAKE lol birthday cake (from neighbour) the whole spongecake with LOTS of icing lol then i made myself a sandwich multigrain bread with this special sweet mayonaise chicken thing. The most beautiful spread in the world, not very healthy though.

Dinner:
A few bites of fried eggplant... then i had bbq (it was bbq but it had lots of oil for some reason ? :S anyway i had a peice of steak with a beef sausage and a half, mashed potato (processed powdered kind with bacon in it) a spoonful of creamy pasta salad, washed down with a glass of zero coke :p

Excercise: Nil so far (it might stay like this too if i don't get enough readings done! grr!) I'll make up for it tommorow though. The most excercise I've done today is walk to the kitchen to eat and goto the bathroom.

Study: Very disapointing ... I've read 2 articles so far and thats it :s ... need to read at least 2 more to be able to start writing..,I hate reading journal articles :(

HSC
N/A

pb said:
glitterfairy, lol.. ur soooo cute!
and someone threw sticks and tennis balls at you?? whyy?? throw them back at them! lol
I was performing at a friend's all-boys high school in the western suburbs (not saying western suburbs are a bad thing, just geographically stating) and I was rehearsing during school classtime on the field, in costume and with the other peoples I was performing with. A nearby bunch of seniors (obviously on a break... I hope) decided it'd be amusing to throw things at me.

I would have gone up and done something, but seeing as it would have been little 5 foot me vs about six reasonably built, 6-foot tall guys... :S

The guys/friends I was with wouldn't have helped out at all (but that's a really long story), so when I realised it'd be suicide for me to retaliate, I just changed (thank god for the dance-trained ability to sneaky change without showing anything)/packed up as fast as I could and got the hell out of there.

And I am never, ever, ever performing there again. Lesson learnt! (stupid sheltered north shore teenagerhood)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Oh and in other news girls (and boys that read this)

I've lost 0.5kgs since last Thursday :) (i know weight fluctuates depending on time so i try to weigh myself as soon as i get up in the morning- weekly-ish) got it down to a reading I haven't seen since the start of year 11!! :D

However not 100% sure it's going to stay off, I'm not getting too excited because when I lose 0.5kg it can easily come back if I don't work hard at keeping it which I've had to do in the past each time i lost 0.5kg... so wish me luck in keeping it girls! I haven't lost anything in the past 3 weeks which has been a downer ... stupid crappy plateus... this thread has REALLY helped in terms of tracking and motivation :)

HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
Oh and in other news girls (and boys that read this)

I've lost 0.5kgs since last Thursday :) (i know weight fluctuates depending on time so i try to weigh myself as soon as i get up in the morning- weekly-ish) got it down to a reading I haven't seen since the start of year 11!! :D

However not 100% sure it's going to stay off, I'm not getting too excited because when I lose 0.5kg it can easily come back if I don't work hard at keeping it which I've had to do in the past each time i lost 0.5kg... so wish me luck in keeping it girls! I haven't lost anything in the past 3 weeks which has been a downer ... stupid crappy plateus... this thread has REALLY helped in terms of tracking and motivation :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO! GO CLAIREGIRL!!!!!!
Your dedication is paying off, girl! :D

Also in other news, I haven't comfort-ate since the creation of this thread. I've also had the motivation (so far) to not leave assessments to the last minute! Looks like a win-win situation across the board!!!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

congrats clairegirl!!
definitely win-win across the board. i channelled the motivation from this thread and the desk thread to make me clean my desk properly (.. well, almost, but as good as i wanted it for the time being). it's taken me 6 months to get around to it and now i can see the table again and might use it for work. very happy.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

So i didn't goto the gym last night... and i paid for it too, i was seriously on my bed reading the whole day with trips to the fridge and toilet and my diet wasn't up to scratch either.

I went to the gym this morning and felt incredibly weak... however i did manage with much difficulty to do 6.7k's and 570 calories burnt 50mins on cross trainer.

Because of that incredibly bad day yesterday... I have decided that the rest of the week including the weekend shall be, one carb'd meal a day (probably lunch) and the rest shall be veggies and white meat and no servings of fruit during the weekend. Trips to the gym everyday except one day of the weekend and I'm going to the gym again tonight for a proper resistance training session.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Btw thanx guys :D

I'm not getting too excited about the half kilo weight loss because I know I'm going to have to train hard to keep it off until I'm safely over that 0.5kilo line... until then its serious dedication to keep it from fluctuating and hopfully the weightloss will be consistent in the coming weeks.

Reviewing my progress ... i stated at the start of this thread that I wanted to lose 3-4 kilos before the holidays. I change that to 1.5-2kgs loss instead... I have to be realistic :)

mserica

HSC

Weight update for me is that i have some how lost 1kg, dont ask me how i have done minimal excercise i think its the stress of the upcomming exams... (especially since i am still consuming a high amount of chocolate) - though i have excercised more this week than last so lets see if the 1kg stays off!!

now i must get back to cramming for an exam!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

iambored said:
congrats clairegirl!!
definitely win-win across the board. i channelled the motivation from this thread and the desk thread to make me clean my desk properly (.. well, almost, but as good as i wanted it for the time being). it's taken me 6 months to get around to it and now i can see the table again and might use it for work. very happy.
hehe thats awsome honey... you cleaned your desk, it takes an awful lot of motivation for moi to clean my room. Lets hope your desk stays uncluttered! :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

mserica said:
Weight update for me is that i have some how lost 1kg, dont ask me how i have done minimal excercise i think its the stress of the upcomming exams... (especially since i am still consuming a high amount of chocolate) - though i have excercised more this week than last so lets see if the 1kg stays off!!

Wow thats excellent! :D:D:D CONGRATS HONEY!

It's probably your metabolism and the amount of muscle which allows you to burn a lot of calories even whilst sleeping than your average joe blow and if you combine it with excercise... you end up being a calorie burning machine :p ... which is why it's like "whoa how did i lose 1kg"

Excellent keep up the good work!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO! GO CLAIREGIRL!!!!!!
Your dedication is paying off, girl! :D

Also in other news, I haven't comfort-ate since the creation of this thread. I've also had the motivation (so far) to not leave assessments to the last minute! Looks like a win-win situation across the board!!!!!!
I know what you mena with the last minute assignments, I've been doing them weeks in advanced and I too haven't comfort-ate since this thread started.

I have however eaten bad food when I was hungry i.e cake, lots of cheese... shall incorporate some type of contingency plan if this happens again.

HSC
N/A

mserica said:

You're one of those lucky people whose metabolism actually goes on hyperdrive when stressed, aren't you? One of my close girl friends is like that. I am insanely jealous! :p

EDIT:

I just wanted to let y'all know that since clairegirl got on my back for not eating enough fruit and vegies, I have felt sufficiently guilty enough to do something I've never done before... I have gone out to the shops and bought myself a baby cos lettuce to eat to increase my vegetable intake! :O (current level - basically zilch because I eat like an eight yr old, and mum has to "hide" vegetables in my food to make sure I eat it :p)

Not only that, but for breakfast/lunch I had a turkish melt thing with chicken shnitzel (can't spell the darn thing), cheese, tomato and some lettuce!!!

Let's see if I can get myself to start eating salads... I'm going to start off with babycos/bread/egg/meat/cheese (the only reason there is so much "stuff" in this proposed salad is to block out the bitter taste of the vegetable :p), and plan to throw in other stuff like carrots...

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
You're one of those lucky people whose metabolism actually goes on hyperdrive when stressed, aren't you? One of my close girl friends is like that. I am insanely jealous! :p

EDIT:

I just wanted to let y'all know that since clairegirl got on my back for not eating enough fruit and vegies, I have felt sufficiently guilty enough to do something I've never done before... I have gone out to the shops and bought myself a baby cos lettuce to eat to increase my vegetable intake! :O (current level - basically zilch because I eat like an eight yr old, and mum has to "hide" vegetables in my food to make sure I eat it :p)

Not only that, but for breakfast/lunch I had a turkish melt thing with chicken shnitzel (can't spell the darn thing), cheese, tomato and some lettuce!!!

Let's see if I can get myself to start eating salads... I'm going to start off with babycos/bread/egg/meat/cheese (the only reason there is so much "stuff" in this proposed salad is to block out the bitter taste of the vegetable :p), and plan to throw in other stuff like carrots...
Yay for vegetables and fruit :D and I love my meat in salads. The salad I have for dinner tonight has copious amounts of steamed chicken in it. You have to try this glittter is beaut... it gets rid of the "bitter taste" as well.

Lettuce, capicum, sprinkle of red onion strips and chicken and if you put a lil ricotta cheese in it... omg *droool*

PS: I'm going to put a photo of myself up tonight (taking my lead from glitter), the photo i have in mind shows all the target spots i want to target.

HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
PS: I'm going to put a photo of myself up tonight (taking my lead from glitter), the photo i have in mind shows all the target spots i want to target.
Should you go through with this, you have my utmost respect.

I kinda deliberately posed/dressed up for my photo, because I don't have the guts to show myself off in a neutral manner (so that people can actually see my lovehandles, and my belly bulge, etc etc). As much as I hate to admit it, I still have niggling feelings of insecurity and low body self esteem at times that get the better of me, even though I try to constantly and actively promote other people to love themselves for who they are. So in a nutshell, I'm hypocritical enough to tell other people that they're gorgeous just as they are (and to believe it myself) and yet not have the guts to truly love myself just the way I am :(

Or maybe we're just our own harshest critic. Who knows? I'll stop rambling now, in any case. :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
Should you go through with this, you have my utmost respect.

I kinda deliberately posed/dressed up for my photo, because I don't have the guts to show myself off in a neutral manner (so that people can actually see my lovehandles, and my belly bulge, etc etc). As much as I hate to admit it, I still have niggling feelings of insecurity and low body self esteem at times that get the better of me, even though I try to constantly and actively promote other people to love themselves for who they are. So in a nutshell, I'm hypocritical enough to tell other people that they're gorgeous just as they are (and to believe it myself) and yet not have the guts to truly love myself just the way I am :(

Or maybe we're just our own harshest critic. Who knows? I'll stop rambling now, in any case. :)
You do have guts because you posted your pic matie, be proud :D

... I persoanlly think its okay to critisise yourself as long as its realistic and its a source of motivation not used as a source of insecurity... i'de write more but my mate's looking over my shoulder

HSC
N/A

Whoooo I'm beginning to turn omnivorous instead of being a total carnivore/bread and dairy eater :p

Breakfast: Half of a turkish melt with chicken, cheese, tomato and some lettuce

Lunch: The other half of the turkish melt with chicken, cheese, tomato and some lettuce

Dinner: baby cos lettuce salad with smoked chicken and egg. Also a glass of milk because I felt remarkably unsatisfied with dinner... maybe I need to eat more when there are leaves involved? :confused:

Study: Giving myself a night off before diving into SOC289 essay because I've just handed in BBA250 today.

Exercise: Am planning to do more pilates-ish stuff. Planning to concentrate on stretching out calves, and working out lats, abs and obliques. Should probably also work on pirouette preps...!!!

EDIT: Ack, two hours after dinner and I am HUNGRY! Currently snacking on crackers and cheese. If I'm still hungry after this I'll go make myself more salad.

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

lol salads are nice, depending on whats in them

anyhooz...no boredom/junk food snacking today just cuz i wasnt at home =D

breakfast: muesli
snack: mandarin
(1pm... tummy gumbled like crazy so i felt like i was gonna die during my tute lol)
lunch: 1 sushi roll, apple
dinner: 2 sushi rolls, carrot juice and this seafood and tofu thingy that my mum made (i was really hungy lol)
snack: mandarin
snack: apple
im gonna get sick of sushi lol... but its like the only edible thing at mac centre

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

Sushi is one of my favourite foods!!! :D:D

If I knew how to cook the rice properly and roll the sushimat properly, I'd eat sushi every day!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Overall: Bloody good! :D, got up went straight to the gym, 6k's and 550 calories burnt (i dunno i posted it before)... bought copious amounts of bok choy, english spinach, pears, okra and chicken tenderloin cuts, went to uni, went to the gym again in the night, at home now :)

Brunch: One slice of multigrain bread, with capsicum, lettuce, steamed chicken salt/pepper.

Lunch: large skim milk cupacino (sp?) and two slices of multgrain with cheese, chicken, capsicum and lettuce.

Dinner: I just got home so I'm eating it as we speak, don't think i can finish it but its got lettuce, capscium, red onion, salt/pepper and steamed chicken in it.

Excercise: Gym in the morning straight after i got up 6k's 550 calories or something on cross trainer.... night time went to the gym again... this time treadmill.... 3.2k's and i can't remember but i think i burnt off 200 calories i dunno can't remember but i walked at brisk pace for 25 minutes and then ran the 5 minutes coz medium was finished.. then resistance training for 25 mins.

Study: Wrote half of my introduction for my psy307 :) and helped a friend out with psy222.

And now for that photo I promised ... lemme find it first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)