• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
I've just decided that the bikini bottoms I got are too small. Stupid me for not trying the size up (line was massive didn't want to loose my place, had another bikini same size/brand and figured if that one fit, this one should as well). I think I just passed the border from "comfortably curvy" to "fuck, I think I'm getting fat" (maybe I put on a kilo, but on a small frame like mine, it shows.)

The exercise regime starts tomorrow. No, not tomorrow. Everyone says tomorrow. It's 3:22am! It starts TODAY!

I think I will also track measurements. Hopefully it doesn't send me off the deep end again :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You haven't abused enough junk food and alcohol to call yourself fat! :p

*takes title away from all girls in here*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you're always really nice like that asy. i agree too btw

and glitter, does the other one still fit? meaning that this particular pair are a smaller make rather than that you're fat.

i need to find swimmers.

HSC
N/A
I actually don't know. The old one has a bit of an interesting cut where there's some extra fabric that kinda covers up for any 'maybe a half size too small' issues. I think the top half is also cut quite big in comparison to the new one (I feel like I'm falling out of the new one :/)

Tried on the extra size up today - feels better, so I bought it :) I'm trying to convince myself that it's all part of the 'set' - one bikini bottom for when I'm skinny, the other for when I'm not feeling so skinny :p (this is RIDICULOUS - I have way smaller than average hips, I never expected to have problems with this sort of thing) I'm also trying to convince myself that the swimwear brand is "one of those" that cuts a size smaller than it markets, seeing that all my other clothes are still fitting me fine.

NB: DJ's has a 30% off sale on swimwear at the moment :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Bah sif you have a 'problem' geez, so insecure, you look fine

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I wish :( Indoor soccer was fun during high school, we'd smash each other up against the netting!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ta for the NB glitter, if i get time i'll check it out, unlikely to be for another week though, it'll probably be finished by then :(

sounds like a 95% chance that it's a difference in sizing ;) . haha i love the fact that you say it's ridiculous, i hate when i get into the - i am insane and i know it but i can't help it - mindset.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, you girls seem to get into it quite a bit don't ya!

Hmm indoor soccer..........

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
ta for the NB glitter, if i get time i'll check it out, unlikely to be for another week though, it'll probably be finished by then :(

sounds like a 95% chance that it's a difference in sizing ;) . haha i love the fact that you say it's ridiculous, i hate when i get into the - i am insane and i know it but i can't help it - mindset.
DJ's is open till 10pm, I think. Maybe go there tonight? :D

Last year, Myer and DJ sales carried on into January - it's unlikely they'll sell everything they want within the 3-4 trading days after christmas (let's also not forget they keep a lot of the good stuff in storage and only take it out gradually over sales period).

I do get frustrated with clothes sometimes, like when sizing just isn't right and I know it. Or in aforementioned instance when I'm not sure where it's sizing, or whether I've just put on weight, and not knowing for sure drives me nuts!!! Gah. Especially when I normally, if anything, have to go a size down in bikini bottoms/skirts, because of my screwed up proportions. Me no like thinking system overhaul :(

That being said, I'm pretty obsessive over proportions and 'neat finishes', ie total ban on body fat hanging off sides, no threads hanging loose, hems ending "just so", etc etc (if it's cutable, I'll cut, if not then I'll fold it up, or something). Everyone has their nitpicky points... this is just mine lol.

Oh and mike :p

A friend of mine told me once that "stress comes with the territory", and I feel a similar one (and more relevant to this situation) is "constant re-evaluation of body image comes with the gender (or occupation)" :p

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol, analysing is good, but when it starts to convince you that you're something you're not then it starts to be a worry thats all :)

HSC
N/A
oh but the world is subjective :p who's to say what is so, and what is not? :p

ooh, birdie has landed! bbl :D

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
theres barely stock at the back in myer :(
and my friend at work mention things are usually heavily discounted near the end of stocktake sales to get rid of items.

HSC
N/A
Hrmmm, weird, they kept on pull stuff out of thin air earlier this year (I picked up some great stuff in the first week of Jan). Has anyone checked up on DFO's?

In terms of swimwear at myer, none of it's on sale so it all looks like it's on the racks lol (except for maybe stuff at Miss Shop?)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm pretty sure i read here that myer didn't have a sale on swimmers, it starts tomorrow, too bad that if my local myer had stock i liked i would have bought it full price

HSC
N/A
oh my

did someone say chocolate crackle? That sounds divine...

You know what I love? Those plain, almost noodle-y type things people buy. Then crush up, then pour melted chocolate all over. So then when you eat it it's chocolatey, and still has a crunch. Someone gave my family some for christmas, I discovered the box two nights ago. Mmmm

(yes, the box is empty now :p)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yup i made chocolate crackles.. and yup i ate the rest :| (well my dad ate like 2).. then i made those peanut butter thingies on the side of the box too!

ooh i bought swimmers yesterday... it's on sale at bardot.. well its either on sale or the price just went down.. anyhooz, it went from $60 to $30 and i <3 it! lol

anyhooz.. new years resolution: to graduate!

btw lol @ glitter's sig... it's sooo true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)