• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

ALLLICE

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
We should start our own club :p
it'll start off with me just watching u and juLnHi make ur sandwiches.....then some day when everyone feels I'm capable enough *gasp* i too will get to make one

but for real...the making ur own sandwich thing is a good idea....it'd be better than me just getting hot chips from the SAM food court

K.

HSC
but those divine lemon chicken and avocado foccacias from sandwich stop are worth every cent of its $6.50.

HSC
N/A
my food vice at uni are those quiche lorraines from Marxine's. It's warm, it's real food, it's UNDER FOUR DOLLARS (like $3.30), therefore win.

Unless they're run out of lorraine and only have spinach :(

HSC
N/A
cul302 assessment due friday. 1500-2000 word creative writing piece... in a GENRE.

Eww. So not in the mood :( I've recently discovered Virtual Villagers, too...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ALLLICE said:
Sleep: usually between 1 & 3am and i didn't get up until 2pm today (today's my day off)

Exercise: walking around uni and to and from the bus stop :p

Food: whatever i want...today i ate half a box of jatz crackers and some cookies..that's all. But I'll have a reasonably wholesome dinner soon

Diagnosis: technically i should be dead.

What i plan to do about my mess of an existence: well...I'd like to eat healthier and have some sort of normal sleep thing going on...but hey..I'm definately not overweight so screw the food thing ..I'll eat what i want while my metabolism can still keep up.

..man I'm lazy

EDIT: Does anyone have any advice about getting some normal sleeping patterns?....I've tried going to bed earlier but i can never get to sleep :(
changing your sleeping patterns to sleep earlier = excercise!

(im such a hyprocrit!)

ALLLICE

HSC
clairegirl said:
changing your sleeping patterns to sleep earlier = excercise!

(im such a hyprocrit!)
gawsh reading that again makes me realise how careless i am with my health :/

I think I've gotta make some changes...and yeah maybe exercise would make me sleep better eh

ALLLICE

HSC
On the topic of health and such (and since this thread has been so quiet)...since starting uni I've become hooked on coffee :eek: I used to hate the stuff.. I think it began with me drinking those free coffees on the SAM card just cos they were free...then I developed a taste for the stuff. I'm sure this was factored into their budget when they decided to put the free coffee onto the cards...it's a conspiracy :uhoh:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, my addiction for this semester has been those god damn nice kebabs and burritos *drools*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah they're definitely a great addition to an otherwise lacklustre and generally awful canteen.

I can eat real food again!

Kegs

HSC
Seriously, 4 felafels in a week plus lentils at home = v. sick Kegs. Took me like 2 weeks to get back to normal. Was not cool. Apart from that, I think I am getting more and more unhealthy, if that is possible, as the years pass. Am trying to have fresh squeezed juice everyday, but sometimes I cant be bothered to juice it.
Gah... back to assignment.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I've only had the tacos so far and they were pretty nice.
Which chips glitter?? I've decided my second year snacks of sushi and burger bar chips aren't doing it for me anymore and need to find new snacks.
Any other suggestions anyone?

Kegs

HSC
Go to the Macq centre. Go to the Indian place. Ask for a plain lassi and vege samosa. $4 (used to be $3!). It is an awesome snack, plus it is good for you to walk over there.

HSC
N/A
iam - apparently if you buy a kebab meal, you get chips and a drink with it.

As for lunch, I've started trying to eat at home or bring food from home. I'm semi-successful - as I'm not really into the cooking thing the bringing lunch from home thing is highly subjective to whatever we had for dinner the night previously.

Marxines is fast becoming my food stop of choice, though. Their quiches aren't too bad (about $3.30) and they have been getting in cool other savoury things too. Failing that, sandwich from the SAM shop...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh yeah i saw that marxines had arancini. i want to try one!

i always forget that marxines has food, i think i'll make my way through their food for snacks

i can't usually be bothered to go to mac centre, plus any energy i get from the snack i buy will be used by the walk so there's not much point (besides fitness, but that's another story), but when i do go there i will be sure to buy what you recommended kegs

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
He recommends a beef kebab or felafel with a bottle of non-coke affiliated beverage.

I myself recommend an Apricot Danish with a warm hot chocolate or coffee as a perfect pick me up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)