The New Commandments (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Thou Shalt NOT ever sms thine every thought/activity/bowl movement and then get shitty when thee does not answer as she can not give half a fuck.

Thou Shalt not buy me soft toys and expect me to swoon... honestly.

Thou Shalt not EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER say "I Love You" after only 2 hours of knowing each other and think that will get you in my pants.
Not even after 2 days
Not even after 2 mother freaking weeks.
or months.
It scares me. It scares me alot.

Hmm

actually Thou Shalt not say the forbidden words of "I Love You" unless I say it first.
or unless you TRULY mean it...

Let's just not say it ever and stay happy and simple.

/composed.

edit: hmm I freely substitute thou's with thine's with thy's with thee's... appologies if the tence/meaning/objective/nominative/tone/fuck all of it is mixed up and makes No sense. fuck fuck.. FUCK i hate old english,

THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK OLD ENGLISH AND THINK IT SOUNDS CLEVER.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
lol

I'm not a phone person, which can be a problem, in fact... unless it was some topic I knew and had an opinion on it and wanted to discuss it... I'm pretty much quiet. Therefore relationship fail.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
In otherwords - the l word is off limits unless prior permission is granted?

:p
Pretty much. Damn word should be abolished from the english language.

And Lengy NOT being a phone person is a good thing.

*Ahem*

Thou Shalt Not ring me up, thus disrupting my peace, only to ask "Whatcha Doin'?" then remain on phone totally content with describing their surrounds, spattering the non existent convo with comments such as "Yeah.. soo.. I'm on my bed. Looking at my ceiling. Is that a dead bug?".

lengy

HSC
Yeah but it's sorta unfortunate as relationships tend to be based off communication and when you don't it sort of fails. If you're the kind of person who's content with not going out all week, not seeing anyone all week, or talking to anyone then it's sort of hard to find someone of similar lifestyle.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
thou shall not expect phone conversations lasting more than 5 minutes

and even thats excessive, damnit i am a man, iam used to calling for a reason, 99% of my phone convos go like this "heya, you coming out tonight?" ..." ok what time are you coming?"... " cool, seeya then"

lengy

HSC
Exactly. I don't get people who call for reasons other than that unless they really needed comforting for some emotional trauma where I couldn't see them in person.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Yeah but it's sorta unfortunate as relationships tend to be based off communication and when you don't it sort of fails. If you're the kind of person who's content with not going out all week, not seeing anyone all week, or talking to anyone then it's sort of hard to find someone of similar lifestyle.
Are you implying that this is you :)?

lengy said:
Exactly. I don't get people who call for reasons other than that unless they really needed comforting for some emotional trauma where I couldn't see them in person.
I believe that true friends are those who call you even when there is no purpose. if someone only calls me when he/she needs something from me (like hw) or wants to say something 'important', i'd be highly disappointed.

it's easy to fall into that whirlpool of fear thinking "omg, why does this person only call me when he/she wants something? I hope it can be something as random as 'look, today I saw an electric pole with red stripes and it sorta reminded me that I have to do my laundry real quick'..... sharing these things that might seem trivial could make you feel a bit closer to your friend, as if you can talk about anything and not worry about boring him/her. u won't have to bear the burden of having to squeeze out some interesting stuff "you did today" in order to communicate/interact.

lengy

HSC
My closest friends don't get up to much, so we don't have much to talk about. We just call up asking each other out for an event and no more than once a week. If we chat it's on MSN, and even that's rare. We all don't go out that much and that's fine by us.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tlodg said:
it's easy to fall into that whirlpool of fear thinking "omg, why does this person only call me when he/she wants something? I hope it can be something as random as 'look, today I saw an electric pole with red stripes and it sorta reminded me that I have to do my laundry real quick'..... sharing these things that might seem trivial could make you feel a bit closer to your friend, as if you can talk about anything and not worry about boring him/her. u won't have to bear the burden of having to squeeze out some interesting stuff "you did today" in order to communicate/interact.
Rofl, whirlpool of fear. Yeah thats a shitter when you discover that in a relationship, usually too late.

The fine line with this in relationships is that being a listener usually puts you into the friends category, whereas the quick active chat seems to initiate a more 'hey i want to get into your pants' thing. And not talking at all well, there are people who enjoy that, the unsaid is almost as powerful as what is, and if you can find someone who enjoys just sitting there and knowing what is going on and what shit means, then thats as valid as those that are explicit.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Rofl, whirlpool of fear. Yeah thats a shitter when you discover that in a relationship, usually too late.

The fine line with this in relationships is that being a listener usually puts you into the friends category, whereas the quick active chat seems to initiate a more 'hey i want to get into your pants' thing. And not talking at all well, there are people who enjoy that, the unsaid is almost as powerful as what is, and if you can find someone who enjoys just sitting there and knowing what is going on and what shit means, then thats as valid as those that are explicit.
LOL

A lot of people just pretend to hear, they aren't really listening. They neglect how important simply listening (not needing to retort with something witty and 'interesting') is.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think its difficult to gauge when someone is a good listener and likes you and when someone is a good listener and is a friend, and more times than not, most people end up being the latter because of the trust which kinda grows from it. Thats probably why its not a popular path.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
I think its difficult to gauge when someone is a good listener and likes you and when someone is a good listener and is a friend, and more times than not, most people end up being the latter because of the trust which kinda grows from it. Thats probably why its not a popular path.
I don't get it..?

did u mean 'likes you' as in relationships or as in friends?

cuz if it's friends' like then it sounds as if your friend can be a good listener but not necessarily like you.

and what do you mean by "end up being the latter because of the trust which kinda grows from it"?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I mean that a good listener is sometimes hard to pick up where their intentions are I guess :)

Since they don't really say much haa

tlodg

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
I mean that a good listener is sometimes hard to pick up where their intentions are I guess :)

Since they don't really say much haa
that's true..

so there are pros and cons to everything....

I guess "listeners" aren't always good then.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
- Women shalt not assume men know every single sublte hint.
- Men shalt not assume that when she says "nothing's wrong" she means it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)