• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The new Joker (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
sam04u said:
I wasn't being sarcastic, It's an actually 'doable' Idea. You're just assuming it wont work because It ruins your little 'profile' of 'Batman' characters. It's not my fault you run around in a batman suit and defend your batman characters so adamantly. It's not like I was saying that batman should get new super-powers, it wouldn't change the story at all. ass-hat.
I don't read the comics, and I've only seen 2 of the movies. Nor am I saying that it's necessarily wrong to cast a black person as the Joker.. IF suited the role. But you said yourself that you wanted Chappelle for the controversy value.. to 'sell'. Here are the facts: Dave Chappelle is not an actor, he's a comedian, and what's more, he's one of the highest profile comedians in the world right now. That, is precisely the reason NOT to cast him. People will struggle to take such a high profile comedian with thus far, untested acting abilities. The fact that he's also a black guy just makes it worse. Unless if he had hidden stores of acting talent that thus far no one's taken advantage of, the movie's on a slippery slide to a B-grade freakshow.

Tawbonga

HSC
So much doubt, but he was so perfect in the role in the end... such a shame.

RIP Mr Ledger.

heshiyun

HSC
jebbie said:
i really dont think that heath will do a good job...

sorry* heath </3

*only not really
Benny_ said:
I think Christopher Nolan has just made the mistake that will kill the new Batman franchise.
SiZmOs said:
hmmm only time will tell. though ledger has surprised me in the past... i hope he's capable of doing it again..
jebbie said:
yeh but he's always in corny sappy movies. or just downright craps movies. imo

i dont think he will be able to pull it off.
rip heath

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)