The New WRX? (1 Viewer)

fillstar

HSC
looks like an alfa because the ex- alfa romeo designer moved to subaru
go figure

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
photoshopped..meh, who cares, subaru surely wouldnt do that, it looks like shit, but then again, their concept 4wd hunk-o-shit supposedly impressed the hierachy at FHI or whatever...

go lamborghini...long live the tractors!

lengy

HSC
On the cover of the latest issue of MOTOR magazine is the look of the WRX STi. I dunno if it was a comgen or not but it's not that much different from the normal WRX and Impreza. Fail. They said it'd look different.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's still a hatch but it has huge flared arches... but it was made up- Subaru hasn't released the official photos yet I don't think of the new STi. Only the WRX.

And in hindsight, the WRX in this thread > new WRX by miles. I like the tail lights above (maybe it's a photochop?)- looks a bit like the Evo X tail actually.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Been looking at Impreza's all day cause I borrowed my Dad's over the weekend.

and I've come to ask the following;

HOW SHIT DO THE 08 MODELS LOOK?
and they only come in hatch. WTF SUBARU WTF?

genril

Banned
HSC
mr_brightside said:

I agree, but have you seen the 09 STI version? it looks fantastic.

Jiga

By 'looking at' do you mean over the net or at the dealership? I was critical of the new WRX when looking at photo's but I went to the dealer for a test drive and they actually look alrite, partly because Australia gets a different grill then overseas. I rated the new WRX in black, other colours, not so much. Also there will be a sedan, its coming next year.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
By 'looking at' do you mean over the net or at the dealership? I was critical of the new WRX when looking at photo's but I went to the dealer for a test drive and they actually look alrite, partly because Australia gets a different grill then overseas. I rated the new WRX in black, other colours, not so much. Also there will be a sedan, its coming next year.
net.

sure it's not that horrrible but they did mess up IMO

Jiga

Cars that are unique also dont sell!!! This new WRX is appealing to a wider crowd, not the boy racers who want a huge connet scoop and a deafening exhausts... and also happen to be a minority. Im half tempted to buy one at a future date.... WRXs have always been average looking cars but for me the issue in the past was their interiors were crap, ride wasnt great and they lacked features. This new WRX has a decent interior now, a significantly softer ride so its good for a daily driver and it also now has some decent features.... and its engine remains relatively unchanged so it still performs well.

If anyone is interested, here are some 'better' pics of the WRX (although they still dont do it any justice imo):

Last edited by a moderator:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
shit thats not too bad at all. How's the fuel economy?

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I hate it's tail lights.

Also it looks like: Holden/Daewoo Viva, Mazda 3 cross. Besides that I don't the front styling.

Jiga

shit thats not too bad at all. How's the fuel economy?
Its not great, think its like 10.9L per 100km or something like that.... 10% better then previous model but still in family 6 territory. Kinda expected though, its a prity quick car, still maintains 0-100km/h in 5.8seconds.

I hate it's tail lights.

Also it looks like: Holden/Daewoo Viva, Mazda 3 cross. Besides that I don't the front styling.
Go to a dealer and have a look would be my advice, I personally think in the metal the rear looks better, those pics dont do it any justice at all. Dunno about Daewoo comparison, personally I think its general shape is that of a Mazda 3, its rear lights are abit like a Lexus SUV and the front looks VERY loosely like the old Camry. Eitherway I think its an upgrade from the previous model hatch!!! :

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
mr_brightside said:
I really hate it. I've been driving around all weekend and there's a silver 08 model around. The front could pass (because it's pretty much the same as the last model), but the rear is ugly. In my opinion the last decent looking Subaru was the 03/04 model. Since then, they've gone down hill. Especially in ditching the sedan for a hatch, stupid idea.

As a hatch (imo) my Yaris owns the 08 Impreza looks wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)