the OC (9 Viewers)

Cicciolina

HSC
Mischa Barton/Marissa is 5'9 I remember because it's my height :D
Oliver is... a creep. Grr
Lol about Merethrond posting more than me and eLmo combined in this thread.
Hmmm oh Luke goes through several personality makeovers. In this one, he was just one huge dork.
Loooove Rooney though. The lead singer was in the first Princess Diaries.

Last edited:

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
LUkes new found enthusiasm is way too exaggerated.
its almost annoying in a way, as if he's naive to EVERYTHING.

Yes id have to admit i like him better this way, but no1 like him goes from a sad jock fixing a tire to a happy rooney fan who embraces Seth Cohen's playstation.
However, all in all, a good episode.. a bit tedious in some parts though.. it seems to feel a bit long at about 9:05 pm every episode for me personally.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Atotoi said:
However, all in all, a good episode.. a bit tedious in some parts though.. it seems to feel a bit long at about 9:05 pm every episode for me personally.
they're all too short for me, 9:05 comes around too fast, as does 9:30, i could sit until at least 11:30

how u doin?

HSC
apparently the oc finished last in its timeslot last week - behind csi, all saints and THE BILL! i don't get it, its the best show on tv, how can it lose to teh bill!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Really?! We have to convert more people! :uhhuh:
..how do they do this rating thing anyway?

how u doin?

HSC
no idea. but it was in yesterdays herald sun. apparently the pannel is on its last legs too (ratings wise). i just hope the oc doesn't get axed again.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
how u doin? said:
apparently the oc finished last in its timeslot last week - behind csi, all saints and THE BILL! i don't get it, its the best show on tv, how can it lose to teh bill!
the bill is cool. I used to watch it before OC.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I know.
It sucks... I think i really lost interest when that shelia had a baby with des.. and then later on when that old lady (judy?) was sleeping with her son.. ugh.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
how u doin? said:
lol the bill?? everyone i know loves the oc.

Althea

how u doin? said:
Nooo! Maybe they should move it to another day.... one with less competition?

And what is it with crime shows anyways? Not only has Ten 'changed' Sundays to all-time crime but now have super-crime Saturday too!

I'd not be happy if the OC got axed now... but when Ten move it to a later timeslot, we'll know their up to something.

Althea

iambored said:
everyone i know loves the oc.
Me too! So what's going on?

Okay, I know nothing of ratings and how they work so excuse my ignorance :eek: but say for example a person really likes the OC but decided to watch their all time favourite All Saints instead and would tape the OC, would that count towards its ratings?

how u doin?

HSC
like i said, i dont know how the ratings thing works either. but the article i read was all about how while the oc had a cult following of devoted viewers, it was getting its arse whooped.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Althea said:
Me too! So what's going on?

Okay, I know nothing of ratings and how they work so excuse my ignorance :eek: but say for example a person really likes the OC but decided to watch their all time favourite All Saints instead and would tape the OC, would that count towards its ratings?
id like to think it would count toward ratings but i doubt it... because when you watch the tape you wouldnt be watching the ads, so im sure theyd be able to track whether you taped it or not...
another thing i found funny was, what if you have like 1000000000 people watching it on 1 tv?

i dont mind if they move oc to a later slow, as long as its not on thursday, friday or saturday.... and preferably before 12...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Ok so this is how ratings work:
"1. Establishment Survey
A large-scale survey is conducted to define the population to be represented and its characteristics.
Respondents to the survey form a pool of households from which the panel homes are recruited.
2. The Panel
Panel homes are selected according to a statistical design which provides recruitment criteria that guarantee
that the panel represents the Australian TV audience.
3. The Peoplemeter
A peoplemeter is installed on every TV set in each household. It records and stores four pieces of information:
time, TV set on/off, channel tuned, persons viewing.
4. Transmission
Every night, the data stored in the peoplemeter is retrieved automatically via telephone using AGB production
software."

I don't even know anyone on this so called "panel"

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
eLmo said:
..I liked Luke in this episode - even if he was being annoying..at least he wasn't an arse..
I thought Luke was so funny in this show. A couple of his lines almost brought me to tears in laughter. He reminded me of Aston Kutcher in "That 70's Show":D!

eLmo said:
..and it looks like Oliver gets even creepier next week :(
Hmm, I kind of feel sorry for Oliver now:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Reshie said:
is it me or do most of the guys find Summer sooo hot....and alicia silverstone...wow goin off topic...
Summer, yes, although sometimes more than others. Alicia Silverstone, not so much:).

Reshie said:
and does anybody know if the OC got nominated for any Emmys...its all over and that im just wondering
I don't think so, although some of the cast presented an award:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
And Summer is up to something... she took the whole Seth/Anna thing way too calmy... and did anyone see how she sidled in between Seth and Anna at the end of the episode?
She just didn't want to seem hurt, she definitely cared, poor Summer:(.

Althea said:
I don't think Luke has completely changed.... he still didn't think twice about calling the others at the Rooney concert freaks.
Isn't that how it goes, when people get a hard time they give it to others. He just wants to feel better about himself;).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
TurboTom said:
i predict a seth marissa break up... has to happen sooner or later :p
Hahaha:p!

Cicciolina said:
Loooove Rooney though. The lead singer was in the first Princess Diaries.
Ever since someone mentioned them in the other thread about The O.C.'s music, I have been getting into them heaps but I haven't been able to find their album yet:(.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)