• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (2 Viewers)

stargaze

HSC
I thought it was a pleasant way to end. A bit cheesy how they had flash forwards to the oh-so-wonderful future that happened, but I guess that's what the fans (inclusive of myself) want.

I thought season 4 was a bit of downer tho. It all became a bit too patchwork-y and it's as if it continued for the sake of continuing.

HOWEVER, i am a fan and will miss it. I'm pretty sure Arena will air season 3 soon though. Imo i think the first few eps of season 1 was some of the best teenagy drama on tv ever.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
kate_is_me said:
The last few scenes from Ryan looking around the empty house and having season 1 flashbacks until the end were awesome. I thought it was great how everyone grew up. Ryan actually becoming an architecht, Julie going to college. Heh how awesome was Kaitlin and them with their 'Team Julie' shirts. Thought it was a bit weird to have Bullet and Frank both there like some crazy dysfunctional family, but it was sweet. Awww tear.
Oh so he was an architect.

I thought the closure was far too rushed and tacky but i did like it, honest!

But boy did seth sh*t me in the second to last ep. He was just so ... childish :eek:

Btw ryan was the main character then? Considering all those flashbacks and all.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
It was nice how Julie didn't end up marrying either Frank or Bullit. And yeah the whole "Team Julie" thing was pretty cool.

Oh and Kirsten and Sandy's daughter grew up too. You can't help but feel a bit warm and fuzzy. :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
kate_is_me said:
The last few scenes from Ryan looking around the empty house and having season 1 flashbacks until the end were awesome. I thought it was great how everyone grew up. Ryan actually becoming an architecht, Julie going to college. Heh how awesome was Kaitlin and them with their 'Team Julie' shirts. Thought it was a bit weird to have Bullet and Frank both there like some crazy dysfunctional family, but it was sweet. Awww tear.
Agreed.

The flashbacks and from then on was the best part of the whole episode. Ryan achieved his dream, Seth and Summer meet with their destiny and Coopers\Julie achieved and became a family.

Was sad\awesome how Ryan saw that kid and asked if he needed help just like Sandy did all those years ago. Since I haven't exactly seen season 1 it was interesting seeing those flashbacks.

:( Well that's all there is a pretty good end...BANG!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
so much for "somebody is going to die!" :eek:

ahahaha when it showed ryan as an architect walking towards his car i was thinking 'maybe something will fall on him an he'll get crushed to death'

but thankfully it didn't and it was all round happy ending. but i wanted to find out what happened to pancakes and her kits!

*Minka*

HSC
I will admit it - I shed a bit of a tear watching the last few scenes. I like the ending - everything came full circle (I think thats the phrase I mean).

*Lozzie*

HSC
i thought it was a good ending ..... sad that its over though

i was waiting for someone to die but glad noone did

NO MORE OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Rinni

HSC
Ohhhh it's all over :( I'm happy and sad all at once. But I really like the way it ended, moving in a full circle with ryan and the kid...

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Team Julie for life. She was the only character on this show that was consistently entertaining. Props for the actress that plays her.

K.

HSC
Skeeta said:
Haha fuck. I promised myself i was NOT going to cry when I watched the finale.

I was going sort-of-okay until the last few scenes.

I am pathetic.
lol it was so cheesy, you can't help not crying. I'm pathetic too :wave::wave:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Rinni said:
That was ryan and marissa's song though
Yeah. it was played in one episode, and it wasn't really that big a deal. The only reason it was so big Down Under is because Youth Group are Aussies and it was seen as their big break, so they used it on every ad possible. Like we did with Evermore two years ago. In reality, there are plenty of other songs that have been used on the show that hold more importance and nostalgic/emotional value. "Forever Young" would have most likely seemed like an off-choice for Americans/Brits/Canucks/every other viewer except us.

booties4

HSC
Personally it was a very satifyimg ending...although i would have liked someone to die!
What i found funny is that at the end, when they did the "6 years later", The producers had made no attempt to age any of the characters, they all looked the same as they did 6 years before.

tennille

HSC
Jachie said:
Team Julie for life. She was the only character on this show that was consistently entertaining. Props for the actress that plays her.
I agree. I also think Sandy was a fantastic character. I will never forget him repeating the word "yogalates" earlier in the series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)