The Office (2 Viewers)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
It's like a real office.
Heads up Captain Obvious. Its not called a mock-umentary for nothing.
haha touché.
Office is great, only watched a few episodes (always miss them) but quite good. also have reliably good reviews from a certain fan (TaperJeansGirl)

Last edited:

ChrisE

HSC
everything on tv looks bad in comparison to the office..... no sorry thats becasue everything else on tv is poo. i like how in true british comedy style they ended it after 2 series', just like fawlty towers. makes each episode much more precious and they didnt kill the concept.

Skeeta

HSC
yep its a funny one.. my b/f brother has box set and every time i go over there thats whats on the TV.

My fave one is (xmas special i think) the fundraiser where the boss does the dance scene

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
No, thats the "Comic Relief" episode in series 2. I love that episode.

“Neil make me laugh though, because, you know, it’s his interfering, it’s his timing. Going on about he wants some report doing-it’s red nose day, you know. Ooh, what’s more important, you Neil, with your report, or some starving children? Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Lenny Henry say? I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on comic relief day and Dawn French is going ‘Where you going, you haven’t done the washing up. You haven’t put the rubbish out.’ ‘Do it yourself I’ve gotta save some Africans!’.”

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
best office quote:

"go and get my guitar" hard to explain here, but for those who have seen the episode, i think you will agree

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I can read women. And you’ve got to know their wants and their needs, and that can be anything from making sure she’s got enough money to buy groceries each week to making sure she’s gratified sexually after intercourse.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
absolution* said:
No, thats the "Comic Relief" episode in series 2. I love that episode.

“Neil make me laugh though, because, you know, it’s his interfering, it’s his timing. Going on about he wants some report doing-it’s red nose day, you know. Ooh, what’s more important, you Neil, with your report, or some starving children? Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Lenny Henry say? I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on comic relief day and Dawn French is going ‘Where you going, you haven’t done the washing up. You haven’t put the rubbish out.’ ‘Do it yourself I’ve gotta save some Africans!’.”
Yeah that episode was on tonight.
I love the stuff that Gareth says when Rachael is sitting on Tim's desk.
Tim is really hot.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I agree that Tims hot, and a good actor also.

Yeah, that is probably one of my favourite episode series 2, ep 5. Looks like next week will be the last for all you tv minion office lovers..

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Just a heads up to everyone, Ricky Gervais aka David Brent aka Co-writer of the Office will be on Parkinson this week. Check your local guides.

HSC
Does anyone else watch 'The Office'?

I've only watched the first season, and i'm completely hooked. Gareth is the funniest character, but David Brent has the best lines.

I still think the funniest 10 minutes i've ever seen on TV was in the episode of the motivational speaker. Gareth and his lesbian sisters fantasy. David Brent and his "Room 421 (whatever) doesn't exist... sometimes the complaints are false"...

And it's not just the clever lines. Some of the fart gags are just soo good. The stapler in jelly thing was really funny, but Tim hiding all of Gareths posessions was hilarious.

So yeah... if you haven't seen it, GO WATCH IT!!

HSC
Tim (Martin Freeman) has also been in the "Ali G" movie. Dawn (Lucy Davis) was in "Pride and Prejudice", Gareth (Macenzie Crook) has been in "Pirates of the Carribean" and Chris Finch (Can't remember his name) has been in "The Bill". Macenzie and Finchy's appearence was after "The Office", and Martin and Lucy's appearences were very much supporting roles. That is part of the framework of "The Office", you can't have superstars trying to be normal people, it just can't work. As Gervais said himself.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Tim's going to be Arthur Dent in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' movie...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)