The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (14 Viewers)

*Minka*

HSC
politik said:
Haha: "Brazilian enthusiast Craig Foster said he was overcome with emotions when he heard the former World Player of the Year's decision; "I'm still moist from hearing Reinaldo's comments. I can't wait to see him line up for Australia against Brazil in the World Cup with Fernando Rech by his side. But we need to emulate the Brazilians more. Our jerseys should look more like there's. We should move from Oceania and into CONMEBOL. Instead of playing our home fixtures in London, we should play them at the Maracanã. It's time for a revolution, not an evolution Mr. Lowy."

Reinaldo joins a long list of foreigners that have been poached by the Socceroos which include Mark Viduka, Zeljko Kalac, The Ned Zelic, Josip Skoko and Tony Popovic from Croatia, Vince Grella and Marco Bresciano from Italy, Mark Schwarzer from Germany, Ahmad Elrich from Lebanon, Archie Thompson from New Zealand, Harry Kewell from England and Tim Cahill from Samoa.

Robbie Slater refused to comment on the situation because he had lost his piece of paper. "
HAHAHAHA!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
umm..nevermind what i said...anyway. how did the german coach get to to togo. i read on mX... *shrugs* its all the red cards fault.... *Sigh* oh well. at least togo tried their best and nearly scared them.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
South Korea 2-1 Togo. Good effort by the Togolese...especially considering that they were a man down for most of the second half.

*Minka*

HSC
On another note, I will seriousy VOMIT if I have to hear that fucking 'you raise me up' shit by Westlife ONE MORE TIME.

Uggggh.

- L1n -

HSC
"The Tormentor of Italy has become the Tormentor of Togo" Ahn Jung-Hwan does it again.

Great Korea won now "What971" is gonna come on and start wanksta talk.

Bad luck to togo but in the end Korea was just the better team, they can't really complain considering that foul was pretty desperate and it did derserve a red card, the free kick could of being saved the keeper just stood there, if that was buffon no goal for sure.

- L1n -

HSC
*Minka* said:
On another note, I will seriousy VOMIT if I have to hear that fucking 'you raise me up' shit by Westlife ONE MORE TIME.

Uggggh.
That song was a classic till westlife hit it.

- L1n -

HSC
politik said:
Or that crappy Il Divo/Braxton track. Pure pain.

The official '06 Cup song is the best!

"Herbert Grönemeyer
(The Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Anthem)
(Grönemeyer, Silva, Bagayoko, Doumbia)

To win again
To never stop finding
Moving as one
Is the word for home
Begin to place
Yourself in the big frame
When you dream
When you dream
Away...away

verse 1:
En avant pour la victoire
En avant pour la victoire
C'est le moment de l'espoir
C'est le moment de l'espoir
Let the sweet air
Fill our hearts
Walk on and celebrate the...
Day the day the day celebrate the day etc.
Grab your drums
Paint your soul
Feel the roar and celebrate the...
To win again
To never stop climbing
The rising road
Of ultimate faith
Unity
The world in a heartbeat
When you dream
When you dream
Away...away"

It's that track they play on the ad cuts on SBS... The 'Ole Ole Ole' one.

Toni Braxton is only eye candy she has some crappy vocals, out of anyone they could of picked to sing it why il divo and Braxton. Geez i would so prefer a more in ur face song, ala Bring Back Ricky Martin. "Here we go, ole ole ole"

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Great Korea won now "What971" is gonna come on and start wanksta talk.
I almost wish that Togo won now:mad1: . Just joking...she suffered enough yesterday with the Japs losing. Let her enjoy her moment of glory I say...we've all had ours. This is what the world cup is all about. :).

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
I almost wish that Togo won now:mad1: . Just joking...she suffered enough yesterday with the Japs losing. Let her enjoy her moment of glory I say...we've all had ours. This is what the world cup is all about. :).

I can already imagine some of the new words that could pop up. Ur right about the 2nd part GO TRINADAD.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Matt#1 said:
I almost wish that Togo won now . Just joking...she suffered enough yesterday with the Japs losing. Let her enjoy her moment of glory I say...we've all had ours. This is what the world cup is all about. .
Well said matty :)

*Minka*

HSC
- L1n - said:
Toni Braxton is only eye candy she has some crappy vocals, out of anyone they could of picked to sing it why il divo and Braxton. Geez i would so prefer a more in ur face song, ala Bring Back Ricky Martin. "Here we go, ole ole ole"
I would have picked Shakira or someone that is actually fun to do the song.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
politik said:
France's official lineup for the match:
16. BARTHEZ Fabien
3. ABIDAL Eric
4. VIEIRA Patrick
5. GALLAS William
6. MAKELELE Claude
10. ZIDANE Zinedine (C)
11. WILTORD Sylvain
12. HENRY Thierry
15. THURAM Lilian
19. SAGNOL Willy
22. RIBERY Frank
No Saha or Silvestre :(. Perhaps Saha will come on in the second half. Where is Trezeguet? Is he injured...or just not selected in the starting line-up?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
edit: Domenech has left Trezeguet on the bench. Dropping Trezeguet whose scoring record is second to none is a big decision. It says to me he plans to move the Swiss defense around if he can rather than put a target man like Trezeguet up to battle it out with big defenders. Could pay dividends for him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
half-time: FRANCE 0-0 SWITZERLAND. I think that France might sneak this one 1-0.
Also...how timid have Henry's shots been? He is normally lethal in such situations for Arsenal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)