The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
**blu_rose** said:
i am absolutely ecstatic!

YAY WE WON

so i got 2 questions though:

1) why was kalac playin. i mean the difference between schwarzer and kalac is pretty obvious, so why would guus risk us losing?

2) why was the third goal for aust dismissed?
Full-time whistle was blown before the ball hit the net.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Well done to the boys, however, I'm very disappointed with Harry Kewell.

I said to my brother before the game - "Watch Harry Kewell. He'll play shit the whole game - hogging the ball trying to score so he gets all the glory and at the end he'll score a vital goal and he'll be a national hero." How I was right.

Regardless of this and other low-points (i.e. Kalac, Referee, etc.) we are in the second round and that's all that matters.

P.S. Graham Poll is a dead man.

otay

HSC
Just got back from my exam (face painted, hair dyed as promised, the Nazis wouldnt let me wear my wig though) and I don't give a shit if I passed. Today is the best day of my life. My eyes have been teary the whole morning. Our boys have so much heart. We are a quality outfit but to be fair aren't as naturally gifted as other nations. But the heart and passion we play with, second to none. FUCK ITS GREAT TO BE AUSTRALIAN

Kalac....I don't even know what to say.

Simunic, what a disgrace.

English ref. Where's your guide dog?

Guus. Made up for mistake of playing Kalac by bringing Bresciano and Kennedy on at the right times. Please, play shwarzer!

Fifa, thanks for letting Harry Play

Kewell, you FUCKING LEGEND

Bruce Arena, how does the egg on your face taste? Wanker

and Finally....

Lucas Neill is the fucking most awesome person ever. I am so glad he's Australian, his spirit let alone talent is incredible. You fucking beauty. WOooooohooooo

Time to start betting to pay for having to repeat the course I have an exam for on tuesday.

BRING ON THE AZZURI

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
AHAHAHAHA SQUEE AND OTHER ASSORTED RANDOM WORDS OF GLEE AND JOY

I wish I hadn't slept though my alarm.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
it had to be harry.

most awesome night ever. well, morning, rather.... circular quay was absolutely packed by the time i got there at 4 haha so i couldnt' find ian, howie, tim etc but found other friends and also made new ones!

cried when we scored our first goal hahaha and as little as i know about soccer, i was swearing my eyes out about that goalie kalac. after our second goal, i cringed and hid behind shoulders every time the ball went near croatia's side... and then... couldn't stop grinning and shouting myself hoarse.

bring on italy!! lol it'll be interesting, i live in a very italian area and everyone has both aussie and italian flags up...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
fuck how did the bloody ref miss the hold on Viduka but one of the Croats at the start of the match. Kalac is shit as. Cahill was all over the field attacking and defending, he should get some recognition. Great work by Guus entering Aloisi and Bresciano. Bresciano was a real attacker when he charged in you can tell the difference cause the Socceroos were starting to lose it and weren't playing as well as the first half.

omg bubz i wish i was at Circular Quay i would've kissed you. awesome awesome game!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i hate those ref from last night match...srsly...as if aussie wudve got a penalty after that croatian dude touched the ball...we were soo jibbed...stupid ref

and what happened to Shwatzer (or what ever his name is)...we needed him in this match...why didnt he play?...his the best aussie goaly i know...i well i only know him and the dude that played this morning..but im bummed coz of that too

but we got through and thats all i care about

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Generator

HSC
N/A
A good outcome, if not the greatest match result or overall performance - though we dominated the match, the Croatians still played an excellent game and I think that they too deserved a result, if not the result that they were seeking. Oh well, the team wasn't going to finish at the top of the table, so who really cares about the performance given that the outcome was all that really mattered? It's a shame that Emerton will miss the next match, especially now that Popovic has been sidelined, but that's something that we as fans and supporters can worry about come Tuesday morning.

I was at Circular Quay, too, but I was quite quiet throughout the match. Maybe if I had been standing... Bloody friends and their desire to remain seated (and bloody me for not just standing on my own over to the side).

Here's to hoping that Bresciano scores the winning goal against Italy. That would be fantastic.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kabeio said:
Fucking hell will be good to know why they made kalac play.
There are rumours that Schwarzer was injured or something... Schwarzer better be goal keeping the match against Italy.

So how do you guys think Australia will perform against Italy?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well that explains alot, I reckon if we had Schwarzer play in the match, he would have blocked that second goal for Australia and we would have won 2-1.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Well that explains alot, I reckon if we had Schwarzer play in the match, he would have blocked that second goal for Australia and we would have won 2-1.
Not necessarily - Schwarzer has always been prone to the odd mistake and more frequent handling errors and Kalac is and has always been another excellent 'keeper for the Socceroos. Still, given that Schwarzer's errors have not been so glaring as today's 'block' from Kalac, it's more than fair to say that Kalac will probably spend the next game on the bench.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I had the impression that Kalac wasn't warmed up, ie it was his first match at such a high level of soccer, so I guess we have to also take that into consideration with the fumble or two that he made today.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was amazed that not a single Socceroo pointed out to the ref that he had to receive the red given that it was his second yellow. Oh well, they mustn't have been paying attention, too.

Simunic, 3 yellows in a game and an AIS-trained traitor. I don't think that we will ever forget him :).

HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I had the impression that Kalac wasn't warmed up, ie it was his first match at such a high level of soccer, so I guess we have to also take that into consideration with the fumble or two that he made today.
Thats fair enough to consider. However, this is the World Cup. It seems silly to put someone of little experience to play in a very important game like this. Very risky. But I guess Guus must've thought Kalac was ready, psychologically and technically/physically. Who knows what really went down.

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
I was amazed that not a single Socceroo pointed out to the ref that he had to receive the red given that it was his second yellow. Oh well, they mustn't have been paying attention, too.

Simunic, 3 yellows in a game and an AIS-trained traitor. I don't think that we will ever forget him :).
Yeah, what the hell was that?? Dodgy.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
YAY! were through, hopefully we can overcome italy...but where in the 16 which is an achievement itself.

bring back schwarzer in goals, kalac hasnt got the experience we need to progress any further.

thank god the italy game isnt as early as that game, i nearly missed it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)