The Official Australian Open Thread! (1 Viewer)

dougthelegend

HSC
What a win! 6-1 in the fourth.

Safin is a totally different proposition to Federer, how much do you think Hewitt would have been preparing to face Federer - playing Safin must come as somewhat of a surprise to him.

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
WOO HOO hewitt won. i cant believe that people have a problem with people supporting him because he is australian! of course channel sevens gonna focus on our players and so they should.
i dont understand when safin goes on like an arrogant prick, chucking his racket round and being a bad sportsman by not shaking the umpires hand, he is great, but when hewitt pumps himself up and shows how he's feeling, he's a moron. get fucked, hewitt is great and i hope he smashes safin in the final

hasterz

HSC
well saffin is extremely talented but also extremely inconsistent as well. Also in my opinion he doesnt have pyschological maturity as sometimes bad calls or decisions can really lower his game whereas all those aspects raises hewitt's and substantially improves his game.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well roddick got wiped and probably didnt deserve to win it in the end. safin is a good player, but for some reason i think that 5-er last night has taken the stuffing out of him because it was just so tough. hewitt was still really fit!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hewitt was looking damn good tonight! looking better than the last couple of games. i can;t believe how well he hung in there to win it, roddick has so much more potential.

hasterz

HSC
nah i think physically they will be fine since saffin has 2 full days and most of sunday to rest while hewitt looks extremely fit in the 4 sets and showed no major signs of his hip flexor problems his been having for the past week.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i thought roddick > hewitt. i would say safin > hewitt, because i don't see hewitt as a great player. but he was very fit tonight

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
no way is HEWITT going to beat Safin. I mean seriously, look at the game he's been playing it's nothing special.

Pace Setter

The way I see top-tier tennis is simple:

Federer, Safin, Philippoussis, Nadal, Roddick, Agassi, Nalbandian, and many others> Hewitt in *****TaLeNt**** and *pOtEnTiAl* (and polite manners on the court:p)

But Hewitt> everyone except Federer in TENNIS.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sigh...my favourites didn't make it :(

Agassi, Andy and Roger. Im rooting for Safin now though. This time, it's out of spite.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
amoz_lilo said:
no way is HEWITT going to beat Safin. I mean seriously, look at the game he's been playing it's nothing special.
safin will do one of his trademark lapses in concentration and lose

hewitt's game wont bring the best out of safin.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
well i hope he doesn't win the aust open. more braying from the aust media, notice the silence after molik's loss?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the way the media shut up about molik was expected all along...

hasterz

HSC
Pace Setter said:
The way I see top-tier tennis is simple:

Federer, Safin, Philippoussis, Nadal, Roddick, Agassi, Nalbandian, and many others> Hewitt in *****TaLeNt**** and *pOtEnTiAl* (and polite manners on the court:p)

But Hewitt> everyone except Federer in TENNIS.

wtf are u talking about you make no sense

jm1234567890 said:
safin will do one of his trademark lapses in concentration and lose

hewitt's game wont bring the best out of safin.
true and on the contrary safin will bring the best out of hewitt

HSC
hasterz said:
wtf are u talking about you make no sense
Basically all those players mentioned are more talented and in some cases (Nadal) have more potential than Hewitt, but Hewitt is a better complete tennis player than everyone except Federer. Complete tennis player obviously including the mental aspect of the game - which is huge - among other things.

I would say I agree to an extent.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i want safin to win against hewitt
was so annoyed at roddick in the fourth set.

i wish it was either safin and nadal or safin and roddick
i really didnt want hewitt to make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)