The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
mate, not in australia. the last time i remember aust losing a test at home was against india, and it was a dead rubber, with the aussies rested a few regulars.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
wuddie said:
mate, not in australia. the last time i remember aust losing a test at home was against india, and it was a dead rubber, with the aussies rested a few regulars.
Mate, it wasn't a dead rubber. The series ended 1-1, with the aussies scraping a draw in sydney.

And warney was "resting" because he was banned after his mum gave him
"diet pills".

You watch the aussies get flogged this time around.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
aussies get flogged ? hahah good joke, not this year at least.

Anyone hear about Gilly getting australias best ever one day player ?

a joke IMO, i thought Bevan would be a certainty

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jake2.0 said:
Mate, it wasn't a dead rubber. The series ended 1-1, with the aussies scraping a draw in sydney.

And warney was "resting" because he was banned after his mum gave him
"diet pills".

You watch the aussies get flogged this time around.
ah wrong. for your info, the draw was at the gabba, with the indian needing 200 runs to get on the last day. india won the 2nd test when warne, mcgrath and lee weren't bowling. say what you want about warne's drug ban, the fact is aust's 3 best bowlers weren't bowling and that helped india.

as for the 'scraping a draw' at sydney. firstly the 3rd test was at melbourne, secondly aust won by 9 wickets, quite a comfortable victory don't you think?

and you can bet your house on it india will lose, and lose bad. after they've won the 20/20, they think they are now the world champs. get real man. take out hayden, ponting, hussey and lee, then india might have a chance.

HSC
wuddie said:
ah wrong. for your info, the draw was at the gabba, with the indian needing 200 runs to get on the last day. india won the 2nd test when warne, mcgrath and lee weren't bowling. say what you want about warne's drug ban, the fact is aust's 3 best bowlers weren't bowling and that helped india.

as for the 'scraping a draw' at sydney. firstly the 3rd test was at melbourne, secondly aust won by 9 wickets, quite a comfortable victory don't you think?

and you can bet your house on it india will lose, and lose bad. after they've won the 20/20, they think they are now the world champs. get real man. take out hayden, ponting, hussey and lee, then india might have a chance.
ah wrong. for your info, there were two draws, one at the gabba and one in sydney.:wave:

australia should win well this summer. if lee bowls as well as he did in the first test then we should win the series against india.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ok ok, let's get this straight here, we are talking about the series in 2003, when india toured aust. the series was a draw - aust drew the 1st, lost the 2nd, won the 3rd. look it up if you want.

HSC
wuddie said:
ok ok, let's get this straight here, we are talking about the series in 2003, when india toured aust. the series was a draw - aust drew the 1st, lost the 2nd, won the 3rd. look it up if you want.
yeah but last test in sydney was a draw, they played 4 tests, steve waughs last series.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
damn, i stand corrected. nonetheless, it does not erase the fact that aust has not lost a test match at home since 2003, and i can't see it happening this summer.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
another dominant display by the aussies, it is getting a bit predictable now. it is not whether the aussies will win, it is by how much.

channel 9 did a mini doco of murali today, they got him to show us how he actually bowls. a bit of light was shed and a realisation hits me - with the way he bowls, it actually does not matter whether he bends his arm or not. that is to say, while it may still be illegal under the old rules, bending his elbow won't actually help him with his spinners.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you are about 2 days late with that remark.

tho i agree, it was a shitty decision. but if you are going to talk about dodgy umpiring, let's go back to 2005 ashes, when kasprowics allegedly 'gloved' the ball and got caught behind, england won the series by 2 runs. which do you think burns more?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
what is going on with nz cricket? players leaving, coaches under pressue. is there anyone who can challenge aust? i am being cocky because i know we can. it is a privilage because we are so damn good at cricket. maybe india will stand a chance, maybe.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
how completely screwed is the current test match aus v ind ? we so desperately need new umpires who can tell the difference between a nic and a miss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)