• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 08/09 (2 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
Mozza91 said:
Sorry I just don't my knowledge questioned on a game I've played for 10 years.
Cool, so you're like 90% of the kids in my area, who have played soccer for around 10 years, doesn't really mean you know shit though.

I don't know why you were so shocked at my insinuation, Manchester United are the biggest bandwagon team of the 21st century, equal to that of the the chicago bulls in the 1990's (zomg jordan) probably.

HalcyonSky

HSC
my picks for the week

12:45 Everton - Liverpool
15:00 Aston Villa - Sunderland
15:00 Fulham DRAW West Ham U.
15:00 Manchester U. - Bolton W.
15:00 Middlesbrough - West Bromwich A.
15:00 Newcastle U. - Blackburn R.
15:00 Stoke C. - Chelsea
17:30 Arsenal - Hull C.

September 28
13:30 Portsmouth - Tottenham H.
16:00 Wigan Athletic - Manchester C.

hopefully some ez money if i get 7+ right

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
Manchester United are the biggest bandwagon team of the 21st century, equal to that of the the chicago bulls in the 1990's (zomg jordan) probably.
You're wrong. Chelsea is the biggest bandwagon team of the 21st century.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yeah me..

fucking have cahill as my captain and he got a red card lol.

kuytbird

HSC
Get In There!
2-0 to the pool.
Nd goodbyeeee tim cahill.
Rooney on the bench *raises eyebrows*

u-borat

Banned
HSC
LMF^^ said:
You're wrong. Chelsea is the biggest bandwagon team of the 21st century.
roflmao @ chelsea fan claiming that manu are the biggest bandwagon team ever.

further lols @ evertonian.

Mozza91

HSC
icraig88 said:
yeah me..

fucking have cahill as my captain and he got a red card lol.
It was a yellow card offence he was late but it wasn't that bad of a tackle

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Mozza91 said:
It was a yellow card offence he was late but it wasn't that bad of a tackle
Once again Mozza91 you show your naivety. He was late AND he was nowhere near the ball AND he clearly wanted to cause malicious damage AND he almost broke Alonso's leg AND it was out of revenge for a previous tackle that was comitted on him. Simple, clear red card that you will see given consistently in any league.

I think Chelsea and ManUtd can both take the title for the biggest bandwagon followers. Mind you we get our fair share as well, but we dont win as much as you guys so you get more of them.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
what a shit night for the australians, cahill red card, neill conciedes a penalty, and schwarzer let in 2 goals.

Mozza91

HSC
seano77 said:
Once again Mozza91 you show your naivety. He was late AND he was nowhere near the ball AND he clearly wanted to cause malicious damage AND he almost broke Alonso's leg AND it was out of revenge for a previous tackle that was comitted on him. Simple, clear red card that you will see given consistently in any league.
Once again when have I previously shown naivety?
The actual contact was minimal for fuck sakes all the commentators said it should not have been a send off except for the cokehead Bosnich.
It was a yellow card offence.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
fucking massive upset, Hull 2-1 Arsenal

god damn. Hull making it into UEFA champions league? maybe?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
it was a yellow for the foul and a yellow for the constant disregard of the ref's orders.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
fucking massive upset, Hull 2-1 Arsenal

god damn. Hull making it into UEFA champions league? maybe?
and hull scored all 3 of the goals, nice to hear the weger blew up after the game, that man is so french and so angry

Roga

HSC
Hull are doing a might good job so far... still only the start of the season though. Anywho, anybody who plays FPL, what did you get this week? I've got 68 so far with Ireland from Man C still to play. My overall ranking is 4,405 - what's yours?

Evertonian

HSC
seano77 said:

I think Chelsea and ManUtd can both take the title for the biggest bandwagon followers. Mind you we get our fair share as well, but we dont win as much as you guys so you get more of them.
If cahill almost broke Alonso's leg then Alonso should have been in pain A LOT of pain, however, 30 seconds later he played like nothing happened to him. He clearly exaggerated the tackle. I think its a yellow, but this is from my point of view.
Anyway
Yakubu is the biggest diver. Fucking hell, he should focus more on taking a shot in the penalty area than taking a dive in the penalty area:mad:

Saha should have came on from the beginning of the second half, so Everton could have some firing power :(

LFCRED

HSC
Evertonian said:
If cahill almost broke Alonso's leg then Alonso should have been in pain A LOT of pain, however, 30 seconds later he played like nothing happened to him. He clearly exaggerated the tackle. I think its a yellow, but this is from my point of view.
Anyway
Yakubu is the biggest diver. Fucking hell, he should focus more on taking a shot in the penalty area than taking a dive in the penalty area:mad:

Saha should have came on from the beginning of the second half, so Everton could have some firing power :(
He was nowhere near the ball. I think it would have been a yellow. I think because cahill turned away from the ref when he was trying to call him back he reluctantly walked back to the ref. I think that was the difference between the red and yellow

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The amount of Liverpool supporters suddenly popping up in this thread shows that any team's full of bandwagoners. Liverpool on top of the league with Chelsea, see how long that'll last and how many ppl will be left here.

Hull winning at Arsenal is the biggest result of the season. That's just unbelievable. I didn't watch the game but when I saw the score I was just shocked. Well at least there won't be another Derby County this season.

And Yakubu is a fucking joke. He should be benched. If only Saha can maintain his fitness. :(

Evertonian

HSC
LMF^^ said:
The amount of Liverpool supporters suddenly popping up in this thread shows that any team's full of bandwagoners. Liverpool on top of the league with Chelsea, see how long that'll last and how many ppl will be left here.

Hull winning at Arsenal is the biggest result of the season. That's just unbelievable. I didn't watch the game but when I saw the score I was just shocked. Well at least there won't be another Derby County this season.

And Yakubu is a fucking joke. He should be benched. If only Saha can maintain his fitness. :(
Yaks not a joke, hes a goalscorer, a mighty good one too. Saha - Yak partnership ftw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)