The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
PES5 is so unbelievably better than FIFA.... the gameplay is just superb, for PS2 though, if you want all the team licences and so forth, then you have to stick with FIFA unfortunately, otherwise, i would have gone with PES.

Anyone see the Thompson story on Sports Tonight last night? It's good to know that the tards are fighting in amongst themselves.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
PES5 is easily patchable! I've been playing the Konami series for years and the gameplay is much more realistic.

Anyway yeah its good Thompson's value has risen again, he should milk what he has left to get into europe, he's a nugget of a player.

Any Portsmouth fans? that new millionare sure used his money wisely. Buying 3 Spur's rejects lol.

nedzelic

HSC
braad said:
hey nedzelic, whats this about Joel griffith signing for LUFC?

http://theage.com.au/news/SPORT/Griffiths-joins-Leeds-United-report/2006/01/06/1136387625896.html

:/

i think it's hogwash
well it was originally reported that he was on trial at hearts and then the sun reported about a week ago that he was at leeds already. i wouldn't trust the sun as far as you could throw the rag, but i was very happy when i heard it.
in all fairness, it would be a pretty obscure storey to make up - about a skippy whose playing in snorway. but everyone knows kevin blackwell has as his no. 1 priority a right midfielder, so maybe griffiths would fit the bill. tey say he coaght the eye when we played jamaca a few months back - well he did score i guess.
i must confess, i don't know him that well and from the old nsl days, i have visiona of griffiths' playing, but there are like three of them.

but in nanycase i would be very happy to have the first auzzie back at leeds after viduka, kewell, burns, okon, mcmaster etc have come and gone

plus as leeds WILL be back in the epl next year, it would be good to have another auzzie there

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Why not both? Football Manager obviously is bloody awesome, but PES5 is the same.

Jimmy_B

HSC
pool vs spurs tommorow at anfield. anyone with a prediction?

i'm thinking a goal draw just like at old trafford :)

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Jimmy_B said:

i'm thinking a goal draw just like at old trafford :)

2-1 Either Way, both have good chances at winning.. is King still out?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
And I just read FourFourTwo for the second time through on a boring two hour trip. Loved the story on the Calderon, "hard men" becoming extinct
yes...what happened the the "hard men"? i read that story and i hope one day the game find a mid-way point between the flying acrobats and the whiteline fever guys

Jimmy_B said:

i'm thinking a goal draw just like at old trafford
i'd like 2-0 L'pools way

but like Ilija, 2-1 either way

and king - well, here's an article http://www.4thegame.com/club/thfc/news/183492/king_eyes_anfield_return.html

basically saying he plans to come back

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Why would he go to Arsenal? Really? It would be a stupid, stupid move on his behalf, best thing for Walcott is to play the rest of the season for Southampton, he is only 16 anyway. 10 million pounds for a 16 year-old, no matter how good he is, is silly money.

Jimmy_B

HSC
i think the fee is just press poo, but they'd have to be pretty sure to be reporting that he's agreed to go there. it's not just the rags either, the bbc seem pretty much confirmed too.

fuck, first we miss out on agger and now this little turd goes there :(

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
He won't do much though yet, he's not physically strong enough like Rooney was at his age to make much of an impact.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh I bought Fifa 06 last Friday too BJ. dhj - In Fifa you can play AND manage! :D

Plenty of rumours flying about at the moment. I think the reason the Ballack rumours have quietened is that Man Utd have alrdy signed a pre-contract with him. Why else would Rummenigge (or whoever it was) come out and openly state why Ballack shouldn't leave, but why he shouldn't go to Man Utd. Everything has been quiet since then (just like with Rooney), and there are now rumours Real Madrid want Barcelona's on loan at Villareal Juan Roman Riquelme.

I'm still hopeful that Man Utd will sign Gravesen in the current window, and both Diarra (for around $25-30m) and Ballack (free transfer) at the end of the season. If we only sign either Ballack/Diarra, then another winger would be nice (Simao perhaps).

These signings would allow us to sell Smith, O'Shea, Fortune (who will leave on a free) and the Alien aka Silvestre (who could be sold to Lyon as part of a Diarra deal). That would give us a particularly strong squad:

Keepers - an Der Sar, Howard
Centre backs - Rio, Vidic, Brown, Pique
Left backs - Heinze, Evra
Right backs - Neville, Bardsley
Wingers - Ronaldo, Park, Giggs, Richardson, Simao?
Central midfielders - Ballack and/or Diarra, Scholes, Fletcher
Strikers - Ruud, Rooney, Saha, Rossi and Ole! (though I doubt he'll be involved in much first-team football anymore)

Other rumours:

Walcott looks set to join Arsenal (WOO! Anyone is better than Chelski!)
Arsenal and Atletico Madrid may have a "gentleman's agreement" that allows Arsenal to sign Fernando Torres in return for allowing Atletico to sign Tomas Rosicky from Borussia Dortmund.
Real Madrid have been linked with Riquelme
United have been linked with one more move - most likely for Gravesen - who I feel would be a great addition and would also help young guys like Smith and Fletcher.
Pompey are still looking for anyone who is available to replace their current team of rejects.

Last edited:

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Why would you sell Smith who has been performing well all season, and keep Fletcher who goes missing for long periods in each game? Scholesy probably only has around a season left at anyrate, so then we would be lacking in the midfield.

Simao won't be coming to United either, there has long been talk he will sign for Liverpool, probably in the summer transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)