The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I think Arsenal "deserve" a Champions League trophy for the dominance they held only a couple of seasons back. To go through an EPL season (2004) undefeated is a remarkable achievement, considering the quality of teams there.

Add to that an FA Cup .. now they are finally showing the form in Europe that they so sorely missed the last few years.

On current quality of teams remaining, I don't think many people could go past Barcelona. Milan will be a huge challenge .. but I reckon Barca are good enough.

- L1n -

HSC
cmon Premier League theres only a 7pt lead, if Man Utd wins the trophy come end of season i'm gonna laugh at Chelsea so hard. Come on Red devils, u can do it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well yeah if we do actually win it that iz. But I'm all concentrated on the big game against the Arse on Sun, the loser of that game will suffer a huge blow to their respective aspirationz, while a draw won't do either side a favour. I need to get some braggin rightz at work, so come on United...!

Jimmy_B

HSC
some world cup news:

- saviola and julio cruz may be left out of the argentine squad as pekerman looks to pick crespo, messi, militio and aguero as their strikeforce.

- martin o'neill is the favourite to succeed sven as england boss

- ledley king might not make the england squad due to sol campbell coming back :( . shaun wright phillips could be left out after spending the season on the bench at chelsea

- jurgen klinsmann has selected jens lehmann over oliver kahn as germany's number one.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I don't like Arsenal, but if we can win the league then I don't mind seein em winnin the CL.
I hate Arsenal with a passion as well...but I too wouldnt mind them winning the Champions League if we can take out the EPL title. A win against Arsenal this weekend will far from guarantee Man Utd the title...but anything less will mean that Chelsea will definitely win. C'mon United!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I hate Arsenal with a passion as well...but I too wouldnt mind them winning the Champions League if we can take out the EPL title. A win against Arsenal this weekend will far from guarantee Man Utd the title...but anything less will mean that Chelsea will definitely win. C'mon United!!!
A win against Arsenal won't win uz the league, but it'll be a momentouz victory. The lift the win can give uz will be massive wit the 2 London tripz comin up against Spurz and the kuntz respectively. Don't foget the blue fagz still have Bolton to go to, whose pitch iz becomin worse by the week, and Blackburn, who have taken mo pointz at home in 2006 than another other Premier League team. Chelsea relishin the challenge...? I don't think so. If they have to rely on their home game against uz to win the league then I'm very positive that we can snatch it away in our best comeback league campaign ever.

Oh and I hope Sol playz on Sun, so we can put a few past him and knock him out of the WC squad. :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
- ledley king might not make the england squad due to sol campbell coming back . shaun wright phillips could be left out after spending the season on the bench at chelsea
That's good news for Spurs as far as I'm concerned. The less internationals he plays, the less you have to worry about him sustaining a long term injury. I doubt it'd happen though, surely Campbell's on the scrapheap now.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
That's good news for Spurs as far as I'm concerned. The less internationals he plays, the less you have to worry about him sustaining a long term injury. I doubt it'd happen though, surely Campbell's on the scrapheap now.
funnily enough he might play on sunday. it'd be lunacy to break up a back 4 thats broken the champions league record for clean sheets but there you go.

sunday should be an awesome night for the premier league. chelsea v west ham, pool v bolton and then manyoo v arse. goes from 9-3 on fox.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Martin O'Neill for England? They should put him now. I have no doubts that he would sort out their midfield problems and get Lamps, Gerrard and Becks to start working together.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
can someone please give me a link...or tell me a site where I can watch the Man Utd v Arse game. I don't have fox and I really want to watch this game. It should be an absolute cracker. Thanks.

Jimmy_B

HSC
your local bar should be showing it. 1-3 is a decent time too. or are you stuck at home tonight?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
can someone please give me a link...or tell me a site where I can watch the Man Utd v Arse game. I don't have fox and I really want to watch this game. It should be an absolute cracker. Thanks.
PM me yo connection speed and whether or not you wanna listen to Chinese commentary. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Muahahahahahaha. :D

Park got hiz second goal fo United...! Go on son...!

My prediction, Arse won't get past Villareal, since they have 2 gamez a week fo the next month, that'll be pretty tough to handle fo their squad. Arse started pretty strongly but faded away durin the middle of the first half and from then on, they never looked likely to win it. We smashed em to piecez and could've won by a greater margin. Thingz would have been different had Van Persie converted a cross by Eboue from 6 yardz out but instead he missed the ball. He really had a shithouse game. And startin Henry on the bench...? Well I don't know but it certainly didn't work since Henry didn't touch the ball much after he came on.

What a great effort from our boyz, everybody played their part and our defence stood up well. Rio led by example at the back while Rooney waz again the inspiration. Ronaldo did well but he waz a lil ineffective, while van Nistelrooy had a pretty quiet game and waz eventually replaced. I'm worried about hiz confidence atm but bein a great player like he iz he'll get over it. What a ball by Silvestre, absolutely brilliant. If Bolton and Blackburn can stop Chelsea from winnin then the title iz definitely on. Come on UNITED...!!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
we should've won by more really...

juve were lucky to get a draw, milan's 7pts behind with 5 games left too.

both the chelski and them are looking safe at this stage ... meh...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
we should've won by more really...

juve were lucky to get a draw, milan's 7pts behind with 5 games left too.

both the chelski and them are looking safe at this stage ... meh...
The kuntz aren't safe just yet. But we should see next week wit their game against Bolton. Should they drop pointz then we have a sniff.

Juve though have it wrapped up I think, unless they do a monumental collapse. They don't have too many though gamez comin up, prob just a tricky game at home to Lazio in the run in, while Milan still have to face Inter and travel to Parma.

cra-z

HSC
hey ppl
im a juve fan i think da der prety safe from milan i think dat AC will concentrate mor on winning da champs league(SBS r showin it LIVE) so der lead looks safe
barca vs AC shood b way betta dan chelsea vs barca which didnt live up2 any1s expectations
i think man utd mite hav 2 settle 4 second but anyting is possible
i wanna noe how many ppl noe who mite takeover wen fergie eventually retires

GO JUVENTUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)