• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Another Bolton fan perhaps? Yeah good result for us, especially after their win over the Arse last week. Nice to see Nakata get off the mark, and Nolan filled in pretty well with the captaincy

slip

HSC
yeh well i joined the chelsea band wagon just before guilt got the sack...

the league is far from over. charlton can close the gap to 6...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
My brother goes for Chelsea. The worst thing is was that told him to, back in the Ranieri, Zola, Dennis Wise, Hasselbaink days, back when i kind of liked them. Now they are cuntz, he still goes for them. Cunt.

You wont see him on this thread for a while yet. He's a future member, only in year 7.

How did everyone else find their beloved club?
I follow Celtic because;
-Scottish/Irish Background, plus im Catholic
-The Duke
-It wasnt a cliche club to support, not like your Man U and Arse supporters

walrusbear

HSC
i followed arsenal ever since a few years ago when i was watching foxtel late at night and watched henry and pires carve up some team.

it was a few years ago. they ended up winning the league that season, but leeds were on top when i began watching.

i've also gone for italy ever since the '94 world cup

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't know why I started to support Man U, maybe becauz of Eric the King. I just fell in love wit em witout even watchin em play much when I waz young. I think it waz the 95 FA Cup comp that got me into it, and they lost in the final to Everton 1-0, so I ain't a glory seeker.

Oh and Dennis Wise iz a cunt. :)

johnny_87

HSC
flyin' said:
I joined the bandwagon before the oil-baron did (back in the day, when they were spiralling into debt and about to sell Eidur and Jimmy and Petit was still around and Madrid were Champions of Europe and Ranieri was still rotating his squad...) :D

Jose should stop switching defenders, and just play with the recommended backline. Rikky can't defend and Huth is slow and clumsy. Them playing coincides with us conceding.

Not quite the self-proclaimed 'Special One' is he. More like the Arrogant Asshole' ;)

I've been a Man Utd supporter since I was born. Dad was a fan and brought me up on them.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
back in the Ranieri, Zola, Dennis Wise, Hasselbaink days, back when i kind of liked them. Now they are cuntz, he still goes for them. Cunt.
I remember those days. Also with Tore Andre Flo.

The only reason I support Chelsea was because they were really the first team that I watched. They won their game and I was impressed. Then there was a time where Chelsea had huge potential in their team but they always manage to draw every game. I think this was the period when John Terry broke his leg? Or was out for a very long time and their team really had one of the smallest squads in the league.

Things are so different now.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ahh those where the days ... chelsea were a great team, good to watch back then with, flo, zola, hasselbaink, petit, wise etc ... and with viali at the helm things were always interesting ... but i'll what i miss most were the beautiful sounds of "overmars, ... bergkamp, henry ... GOAL !!!"

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea waz a lovely team back in those dayz. I remembered they beat uz 4-0 at the Bridge and Zola waz the star of the game. I really liked him, and I waz happy fo em when they got into the UCL instead of Liverpool just befo Abramovich took over.

johnny_87

HSC
Same LMF - I loved Zola. He was a great little player. Flo had great skill for a tall player. I remember one game when he scored a hat-trick and they won a see-sawing match 4-3. That was when they played attractive football and before they became corrupted by the mafia man

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Aaah the good ol' days of Zola and Flo. I started supporting Bolton when Big Sam took over. No particular reason to support them, just a team I wanted to follow

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I started supporting Liverpool shortly after the trebel seaon, but it was purely coincidental.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep, that UEFA cup was the first of our 2 European this millenium so far. What have you won in Europe this millenium? That's what I thought :p

ROFL check out the picture with the caption: 'Rafael Ben*tez holds the Champions League trophy shortly after Liverpool defeated AC Milan in the 2005 final,' at wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_FC

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Yep, that UEFA cup was the first of our 2 European this millenium so far. What have you won in Europe this millenium? That's what I thought :p
Nothin
But you really should take a look at yo domestic form, how can you consistently play shit in England and yet consistently do well in Europe...? Maybe Benitez still needz to learn the Pommy way.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Not denying that. Actually the game against Fulham was an interesting one. We were totally playing them off the park and created more opportunities than we had in the Premiershp all season. Offensively, they weren't exactly setting the world alight either.. 3 shots on goal, 2 of them goals.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
the league is far from over. charlton can close the gap to 6...
Charlton is well-placed and doing quite well at the moment...but do you really think that they have the quality and depth to match it with Chelsea over the whole season :rolleyes: ? I think not. Just face the facts...the premiership is over....and thats coming from a Man Utd supporter who would rather swallow broken glass than see Chelsea win another premiership :) .

johnny_87

HSC
Matt, wait until after the match against Chelski at OT in 2 wks. Who knows? If we win and Chelski suffer injuries and subsequent poor form, we could catch them. You never know...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
Matt, wait until after the match against Chelski at OT in 2 wks. Who knows? If we win and Chelski suffer injuries and subsequent poor form, we could catch them. You never know...
I like your optimistic attitude :) ...but I just don't think that a team with such depth in quality like Chelsea can be caught after being given such a start. Anyway, I will take your advice and try to remain optimistic until the game at Old Trafford. I believe that we are the only team that can stop Chelsea now though.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm taking a look at chelski ;

if cech is injured, in comes cudicini.
if backs are injured in comes huth, johnson, fereiira, bridge, geremi
if mids are injured in comes cole, duff, wright phillips
if strikers are injured in comes crespo, eider gudjonson, carlton cole

they'll win the prem league again =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)