The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_87

HSC
Chelski's loss has made my day! HA! Even $700m can't buy them a League Cup!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
haha....the news that Chelsea had been knocked out made my day as well. The league cup belongs to Man Utd now :)

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The question is, why did they let Huth take a penalty at all? I can't think of any reason other than his nationality as to why the most uncoordinated, confidence depleted guy on the team would've been chosen.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Skysports said:
Arsenal midfield due, Jose Antonio Reyes and Freddie Ljungberg are both set to make their returns from injury against their North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur this Saturday
oh fuck :(

well it means, van Persie drops to the bench, so we shouldnt have many problems with old man bergkamp :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
haha....the news that Chelsea had been knocked out made my day as well. The league cup belongs to Man Utd now :)
LoL
Still very early to such a thing, but that will certainly dent Chelseaz confidence a bit. They have not won the title yet, not by a long shot. It comez in good time az we prepare fo the blockbuster next week.

And Ballack will make a decision about hiz future next month, hope he becomez a Red Devil.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
we shouldnt have many problems with old man bergkamp :p
dw, he'll give you the run-a-around like he always does :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HENRY 'WANTS TO MOVE'

Thierry Henry has reportedly told friends he's ready to quit Arsenal for pastures new.

Last week the Frenchman broke Ian Wright's all-time Gunners' goalscoring record with two in the victory at Sparta Prague.

But he's refusing to even talk about the possibility of a new Highbury deal until the summer.

Henry has revealed that the racism endured by black players in Spain recently would not stop him moving to La Liga - Barcelona are rumoured to be heading the chase for his signature.

And according to The Daily Express he's told friends that if he had to make the decision right now he'd be leaving Highbury.

The daily claims that challenge for Champions League honours could sway Henry, but he's more likely to quit the club.

A source told the paper: "Henry has told some of his friends there is no chance he would stay if he had to make a decision right now. He feels it is time to move on."

NOW thatz interestin. :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Um.. with all due respect, no it's not. It's one tabloid quoting another tabloid quoting 'friends' of Henry. Sounds like garbage to me.

Crazy Horse

HSC
donkeydrop said:
Liverpool a.k.a Steven Gerrard FC.
ITS LIVERPOOL FC. I'm in LOVE with LIVERPOOL FC. I support LIVERPOOL FC and Steven Gerrard while he is there. He doesnt run the club. He is a world class player but he isnt the TEAM. Gerrard = Our captain. He is PART OF THE TEAM. THE LEADER OF THE BOYS ON THE PITCH. He is NOT the club. He is not the epitome of my love. THE CLUB IS. LIVERPOOL FC. (and Xabi Alonso :))

@benny_2: Good to hear. :)

johnny_87 said:
Luis Garcia is shit.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=1909400&postcount=1354

johnny_87 said:
If they can noly play well in Europe, they don't deserve to be picked. There weren't many liverpool players last year who played well both in Europe and in the EPL, but much of that is down to the fact many have played continental football for their entire career, and the coach is the same.
I agree with this though. Garcia isn't shit but he isn't "Euro player" material either. Xabi Alonso should have replaced him.

matt#1 said:
The 50 players nominated are:
Far out. Thurman?

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Was I on acid last night? I just realised what I said. I'm lucky my post made some sort of sense...

can someone get me a translater?
Damn. That made me laugh. Funniest thing is I thought you were talking about me for a sec.

braad said:
hahaha palace beat the 'euro champs'

hang on, thats my team :(

where's crazy horse? im sure she can sort things out
I feel honoured my opinion counts Brad. :D
----

Off topic:
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
ive seen luis garcia play useful- no, inspirational even, in the ucl fixtures last year. and didnt it help my fantasy team.

i did a speech, which i think is the most bludgiest now i have finished it. the topic: the immigration debate across the political spectrum. exciting, eh? i did it all over 9 days- wrote the 3500 words required, recorded it, wrote the reflection statement, saying how much work i done over the year- yeah. and then made up a journal on the last night. was i happy? i could have done better, but the teacher says im looking at high band 3 low band 4.

what and how did you do?
Very exciting ;)

Actually mine had to do with immigration as well - just a little. I did a short story though. My purpose:
to explore the issues associated with cultural heritage present in a post-modern world, to challenge common perceptions of both and also the psychological need for strong ties each individual has to have with their ancestry; to know their origins.
Also...to bring equality to the levels of individualism in different women. Blah blah blah....

I wrote 2000 words 3 days before then decided to scrap everything the day before – left just under 1000 words and went from there. Finished it in a couple of hours and my teacher checked over it – it went back and forth a few times via email. Completed RS in an hour. I didn't really need to add much to my journal. Just pasted the new copies of the story before and after each edit. About it really. Her guess for my work? I never asked. I guess it's harder to guess with a story because it's so subjective but if I get under 40 – I'll be stunned. So will she I think.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Benny_ said:
Um.. with all due respect, no it's not. It's one tabloid quoting another tabloid quoting 'friends' of Henry. Sounds like garbage to me.
i bloody hope so

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It can be garbage, but therez no denyin that Henry iz weighin up hiz optionz. Even Wenger himself have admitted that hez unsure whether Henry will sign a new contract at the end of the season.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Doesn't he still have a while on his contract?? ^

Anyways Gonzalez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEELLLLL YEA!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4361842.stm

Width boys! WIDTH!!! I am soo excited!! He wont be here until next season but its something to look forward too! I've seen him a little in action and got some clips of matches and the likes. This has got a Beach boys song running through my head now....

Do you want to dance and hold my hand
Tell me baby I'm your lover man
Oh baby do you want to dance?

Do you want to dance under the moonlight
Hold me baby all through the night
Oh baby
Do you want to dance?
Do you, do you, do you
Do you want to dance

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
Doesn't he still have a while on his contract?? ^
2007 I think, if it endz in 2008 then they won't make such a fuss over the issue.

Arse don't wanna risk losin him fo free.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
2007 I think, if it endz in 2008 then they won't make such a fuss over the issue.

Arse don't wanna risk losin him fo free.
Ends 2007? Fair enough.

I wonder how much they'll fetch for him if he is sold...

By the way Jimmy - cute sig. Constip8edSkunk your sig is awesome. :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I hope Henry stays. As little EPL action we get to see these days, we get to see even less continental football. If Henry leaves, barring some special effort, it effectively means we'll probably never seen one of the best and most entertaining players of the era play again except in the Champions League. That is unless of course he A. Goes to Chelsea (doubtful, even if he leaves Arsenal will still be a big part of him) or B. Goes to Barca. If he goes to Barca, fantastic, Ronaldinho, Deco, Henry and Messi all on the same team- it'd be worth downloading every match they play just for them.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
We're coming, Hearts! Its not quite Sweet Revenge for last years upset- beating Motherwell by 5 doesnt quite cover it.

I'm not sure whether I am looking forward to January after the rumours of this week, but I heard one I like- The Return Of The King. Henrik is supposedly set to join an epl club- Tottenham is the favourite. Shit, if he goes there I'll barrack for Spurs in the south- Pool will have to go to No.2 and Man U to No.3.

Why not go further north, Henrik, come back home!!!
to explore the issues associated with cultural heritage present in a post-modern world, to challenge common perceptions of both and also the psychological need for strong ties each individual has to have with their ancestry; to know their origins.
Also...to bring equality to the levels of individualism in different women. Blah blah blah....

I wrote 2000 words 3 days before then decided to scrap everything the day before – left just under 1000 words and went from there. Finished it in a couple of hours and my teacher checked over it – it went back and forth a few times via email. Completed RS in an hour. I didn't really need to add much to my journal. Just pasted the new copies of the story before and after each edit. About it really. Her guess for my work? I never asked. I guess it's harder to guess with a story because it's so subjective but if I get under 40 – I'll be stunned. So will she I think.
Yay for the last minute!:)

I tried desperately to integrate football into a successful major work, but theres nothing like the topic of immigration that pulls the marks.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Henry joinin Barca iz such a mouth waterin proposition, they'll light up Europe fo a while to come. Will be interestin to see how much he goez fo, around 20mil...?

And Diana, what about my sig...? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)