The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
This shows why the Premier League is full of Scouse loving officials. A lot of dodgy calls went Liverpool's way. Gerrard again milked something out of nothing, that's unbelievable. The free kick was brilliant, but the build up to that was just fucking terrible. I got excited for 60 secs and then Riley took it all away.

Fucking terrible day, Citeh and Scousers both won.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It was a soft free kick, but the contact wasn't 'nothing' either.

And 'scouse loving officials'? This is Mike Riley we're talking about. His decisions have cost us many a win in the past.

No doubt Gerrard's goal will make him a 20 point man for me this week in the fantasy league, thank god because all my defenders let me down.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Today's game didn't show much. We created more chances than you guys give us credit for, but it was against a very positive Villa team that was always looking to score. It remains to be seen if we'll break down packed 10 man defences.

Torres will be the key. He didn't score today, in fact his finishing was disappointing, but at last we have someone other than Gerrard who can create something out of nothing. I'm much more confident that he'll be a success after today than i was before.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Benny_ said:
Spurs to challenge for top 4? Hah! If City and Newcastle keep reproducing this kind of form week after week they're having a laugh to even qualify for the UEFA again. Definitely going to be a lot more competitive this season.
Hurrah... I've screen captured the table which has Newcastle on top because I might not see it again. But I was impressed with Newcastle, defence looked organised with Rozenhal acting the defensive general well which is something we've lacked for the past 7-8 years.

But Bolton did look quite ordinary, especially with Zog's free kick which scored... but I'll take that win and especially since we looked relatively organised during the game and had some structure rather than the crab like performances of Parker and Co in the past (Never back or forward, just left/right never more than 10m from the centre circle).

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
issert just me or is tottenham always so shit in the beginning.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
THey're missing Lennon, King and Dawson. No way they would have lost if those 3 had been playing. Imagine United missing Ferdinand, Vidic and Ronaldo, or Arsenal missing Gallas, Toure etc. etc.

I made much of their ineptitude last night but in truth they were majorly handicapped and will bounce back.

Gunners down a goal at home to the Cottagers.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
3rd place max unless Arsene pulls his head out of the sand and buys some players. FFS we've made a 15m profit on transfers this window.

Forsell scores at the Bridge though.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Chelsea already back on level terms with Pizarro.

Hleb wins it for Arsenal with what looked like a somewhat offside goal. Big sigh of relief eh?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Great comeback, well done boys. Arsene really needs to buy players, our revenue went up from 120m to 202m last season and we still end the window in profit. Madness.

This win shouldn't paper over the cracks though. We were terrible.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal only know how to win in one way, that is to come from behind.

Oh well, had some fun. Looking forward to our game against Reading. It'll be a tough game but hopefully we can come through it with the 3 points.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fuck I hate Chelsea. Birmingham are a shambles. Djourou and Muamba look solid but the rest are rubbish.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
That's just terrible, I can't watch this shit any more. I'm just waiting for the United game to come on.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Brilliant work Reading. Even that ranga Kitson and the cunt Styles couldn't deny you the point.

That was a great watch.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Didn't watch the United game. At my folk's and they only has dialup. But boy do I wake up to some good news. Goaless draw and Rooney gets injured too.

Time for Carlitos Tevez to step up to the plate I guess.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I think Man City will be dangerous this year. If I had to pick one team to take fourth spot besides Arse/Tott then it'd be Man City.

But how good was the Toon!!! Destroyed Bolton (ok, Bolton beat Bolton) but Martins was in fine form and it's good to see Zogs playing his part.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
its ok just the opening day, reading did finish 8th last season so they aint gonna be walkothers, and gave united plenty of trouble in fa cup aswell. not to mention its very difficult to play a game when the team is basically 11 men behind the ball for the whole 90mins. very upset to see rooney gone for 2 mths, i had the feeling he was going to blow the season away, he may not do that this time, however great to see tevez starting this wed against pompey. that too will be a difficult game but the league is not won not on 1 or 2 games , expect a battering by united towards pompey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)