The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
mitsui said:
Parra Max Brenner =]

yay, finally ended my longest period of unemployment. =x
OOOOHH.... 10mins drive away.... I know where to stalk you now!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
watatank said:
woolies! longlife assistant, watever the fuck that is (apparently like nightfill?).
Unless they specified "nightfill", I think it's shelf stacking and price checking during the day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dont 'have' the job...but i have an interview, thats a start! group interview for new coles opening in my area (actually its just been converted from a bilo but whatever). i really really want it, fingers crossed

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i dont 'have' the job...but i have an interview, thats a start! group interview for new coles opening in my area (actually its just been converted from a bilo but whatever). i really really want it, fingers crossed
wot is it C.D?

I got an email from Coles which said I passed my group interview and am short-listed for the next stage. However this was 5-6 days ago. Now I am worried.

If I dont get it Im gonna be pissed and get into graphic design

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I reckon you'll get it.

I applied when mine changed from bilo to coles.. and we hired about 5 new people, then a month later we got another 2-3 more.. and I think we got even more grocery people recently.. Seems like everyday I see new faces o_O

rozymisty

HSC
I got offered an assistant nurse job at Brisbane Private. Not sure when I start, but I need to start ASAP coz im sooo broke!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i just got a job that gives me $700/week (before tax) to play in the sanpit with 3-4 year olds and cut their sandwiches into soldiers...

woo!

J

jhakka

I now work at Borders Parramatta. Got the job today, and start training on Thursday. :D:D:D

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
jhakka said:
I now work at Borders Parramatta. Got the job today, and start training on Thursday. :D:D:D
Lucky bastard.. I've wanted a job there for a while now. :p

Let us know how it goes!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I got a job at a Cafe in Forest Lodge. Well he's put me on a month month cooling off period, but looks good.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I got a job at a Cafe in Forest Lodge. Well he's put me on a month month cooling off period, but looks good.
Wait scrap that. I'm now working at an Italian Restaurant in Crows Nest.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
after 3 applications, 3 interviews ever!! ive been hired for the new officeworks opening in castle hill (my first "official" job)

shimmy&shine

HSC
I got a job at ABC News, dream company (for a journo anyway), dream department, dream pay, but not my dream job (that would be presenter/foreign correspondant/on the road journalist) but at least I've got my foot in the door, and now I'm on my way up. and I'm 1st year uni so woohoo! :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
I got a job at ABC News, dream company (for a journo anyway), dream department, dream pay, but not my dream job (that would be presenter/foreign correspondant/on the road journalist) but at least I've got my foot in the door, and now I'm on my way up. and I'm 1st year uni so woohoo! :)
wow how'd ya manage that?

shimmy&shine

HSC
usually most jobs in the media industry is all through connecitons, or so I'm told by people working in the media.

but when you study media at uni you usually get to meet people who work in the industry and are on their way up by the time they graduate leaving an open position. so i was very lucky because the few others i work with are in their final year or graduated last year.

if you want a job in the media do heaps of experience, pitch stories to editors and through that you can have many valuable contacts.

if you perservere you can achieve anything. good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)