**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
Plant's new album is Mighty Rearranger, and it has been out for a few months now.
It's not bad. The best song is Mighty Rearranger.

dany_starlet

HSC
Aw have mercy on me.....

THE GREATEST BAND EVER.

I want to get Plants album.

alayenay

HSC
dany_starlet said:
Aw have mercy on me.....

THE GREATEST BAND EVER.

I want to get Plants album.
WORD. I love them so much. I would die if Plant toured. Annoyingly there's no contact option on his website so I can't campaign for an Australian tour! Not that it would happen. *sigh*

alayenay

HSC
Led-Zep said:
i disagree, i really dont think any album could be considered "weak", sure ITTOD had some songs which werent their best, it still had good tunes like 'In the Evening', 'all of my love', 'carouselambra' and 'im gonna crawl'.. zeppelin were in this point in their career which you could say was a crossroads, ITTOD was an album that was experimental and vastly different, which btw is what LEd Zeppelin was all about..so yea no weak albums imo..i mean some ppl say LZ3 is their weakest, and that is genius..to each his own i guess.
I would say ITTOD is their weakest album. Although your points are valid I think it falls down due to Jimmy Page's relative removal from the songwriting. Jimmy was the backbone of Led Zeppelin's music and he just wasn't there on most of the album. Also, they didn't work together - Robert and JPJ would work in the day, Bonzo and Jimmy would stumble in drunk/smacked out at night. You can tell they're tired at this stage, there's something dispassionate about this album. It's a really good album, but it's not the Hammer of the Gods.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i've been trying to learn how to play "babe im gonna leave you"
it's a hard song to play, but i'll get it soon

sweetnsourpork

HSC
Can we consider Coda an official album?
If so I think it was the weakest.

Hey I got a q which is related to Zep.
I'm doing ext history and I really wanna do Zeppelin for my major work. It has to be based on some controversy/argument or debate over something if you get me. I was thinking of doing something to do with their view of the media and how they would never do any of the tv, interviews etc. I'm not sure if it'll fit.
Anyone have any ideas because I would really love to spend 8 months researching this band intensively.

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
For ext History you could examine the allegations of Satanic ritual within popular song. The most famous story is of course the popular myth of the devil at the cross roads. This Faustian adaptation is traditionally associated with both legendary Bluesman Robert Johnson and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. The notion of Satanism goes deeper into Zeppelin folklore however, The "pied Piper" verse of Stairway to Heaven becomes "666 my sweet satan" when played backwards, and it is said that each member reaped their fruits [Bonham Died, Plant's son died etc...].

If you think this is all a load of bullshit, then i agree with you but ext history is all about representation isn't it.

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Might be a good place to start, plus some of the tracks are fucking hilarious especially Britney and Pink Floyd.

Anton

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
AntonTheswan said:
For ext History you could examine the allegations of Satanic ritual within popular song. The most famous story is of course the popular myth of the devil at the cross roads. This Faustian adaptation is traditionally associated with both legendary Bluesman Robert Johnson and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. The notion of Satanism goes deeper into Zeppelin folklore however, The "pied Piper" verse of Stairway to Heaven becomes "666 my sweet satan" when played backwards, and it is said that each member reaped their fruits [Bonham Died, Plant's son died etc...].

If you think this is all a load of bullshit, then i agree with you but ext history is all about representation isn't it.

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Might be a good place to start, plus some of the tracks are fucking hilarious especially Britney and Pink Floyd.

Anton
dont forget about the shark thing

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
sweetnsourpork said:
Can we consider Coda an official album?
If so I think it was the weakest.

Hey I got a q which is related to Zep.
I'm doing ext history and I really wanna do Zeppelin for my major work. It has to be based on some controversy/argument or debate over something if you get me. I was thinking of doing something to do with their view of the media and how they would never do any of the tv, interviews etc. I'm not sure if it'll fit.
Anyone have any ideas because I would really love to spend 8 months researching this band intensively.
i did my hist ext this year on the different interpretations of the Beatles' impact on western culture.
the most difficult thing about studying a band is finding substantial sources that you can analyse, and finding different points of view to discuss. read books / magazine articles / websites on zeppelin and any points of controversy should be relatively clear. so basically, read as much about zeppelin as you possibly can, until you see a trend in what writers talk about.

australia doesnt have a great selection of books about controversy in music, so definitely try ordering stuff from the USA (people write books about pretty much anything there). Ebay is your friend.

i'd recommend talking to your teacher about it, especially early on so you can define a question quickly (that was where i lost my marks- i was reluctant to solidify a question because of the limitations of my sources).

good luck though! put in the work early, and hist ext is great.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
bowman..apparently in Richard Coles Stairway to Heaven book..bonzo gets annoyed when cole is fuckin a groupie and so gets her shoe and shits in it..then later on durin a gig she sees him and says thank you..

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
nope..would love to though..hopefully page will release a 2nd dvd and include some of that show, plus some 77 shows and 72,72 and 71..

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
have u guys noticed how asain jimmy page looks?
its heaps funny in his old age.

SharkBait

HSC
um....im a new led-zep fan.....just got myself acquanted wit their music a few months ago....and bought 'remasters' today for $18...thought it was a bargain. but then again, i did buy the entire doubld-cd just for 'stairway to heaven'...can any1 recommend any other good songs on that album?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)